Are there any pharmacists on NT?

Been thinking about getting into the field while I put art on hold for now. How is it, do ou enjoy it? How difficult was it to get a degree and everything?

Been thinking about getting into the field while I put art on hold for now. How is it, do ou enjoy it? How difficult was it to get a degree and everything?

All I know is, which isn't much, it's getting pretty competitive to get a job in this field. Not as easy as before - Same for pharmacy technicians. 

All I know is, which isn't much, it's getting pretty competitive to get a job in this field. Not as easy as before - Same for pharmacy technicians. 

Difficult but definitely doable. Put in time and some effort and you should be out in 4 years.
You have to ask yourself if this is something you really want to do. If all of your interest lies in money, then keep it moving.

Job market is saturated in urban areas. But I'm sure there are spots around the rural areas. Being a pharmacist isn't limited to just standing behind a counter at CVS. There are plenty of fields you could wet your hands in.

Do a little more research about the profession and what it entails.

Difficult but definitely doable. Put in time and some effort and you should be out in 4 years.
You have to ask yourself if this is something you really want to do. If all of your interest lies in money, then keep it moving.

Job market is saturated in urban areas. But I'm sure there are spots around the rural areas. Being a pharmacist isn't limited to just standing behind a counter at CVS. There are plenty of fields you could wet your hands in.

Do a little more research about the profession and what it entails.

My roommate is a 2nd year pharmacy student, my gf is a 1st year and my best friend's parents are both pharmacists.

I don't know what you want to know specifically. But it's a $!*@$ (and expensive). So much work goes into it between course work, residency, practicums, etc. Obviously there is good money to be made. You can sell your soul for more money and go the retail route. Friend's dad did this and absolutely hates it.

My roommate is a 2nd year pharmacy student, my gf is a 1st year and my best friend's parents are both pharmacists.

I don't know what you want to know specifically. But it's a $!*@$ (and expensive). So much work goes into it between course work, residency, practicums, etc. Obviously there is good money to be made. You can sell your soul for more money and go the retail route. Friend's dad did this and absolutely hates it.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Do you know why he hated going to retail route? was the passion gone by doing so?

Do you know why he hated going to retail route? was the passion gone by doing so?

What Kind?
nerd.gif

I got that WMD!

Yup, just as lame as it sounded in my head. Had to make sure.

But yeah, I swear 1 in 3 Indians my age are trying to be pharmacists. The other 2/3rds? Trying to get like me.

Again, that was lame.

laugh.gif

I got that WMD!

But yeah, I swear 1 in 3 Indians my age are trying to be pharmacists. The other 2/3rds? Trying to get like me.

Again, that was lame.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

I got that WMD!

Again, that was lame.

laugh.gif
18i5gw.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

I got that WMD!

Again, that was lame.

laugh.gif
18i5gw.gif

Originally Posted by Dragon

Ran like a factory, dealing directly with patients x insurances=no good.

Ran like a factory, dealing directly with patients x insurances=no good.

It's everything that goes along with the retail store. It's the fact that he has a !%%%@# partner (that's not always the case and he used to have a good partner and still hated retail). It's dealing with a lot of management that have no idea what he actually does. It's a lot of paper work and stuff like that. It's dealing with dumb customers, etc. It wasn't always that way but like most things it really wears on you. There are only so many things in a retail pharmacy to do and almost all of them involve no real "pharmaceutical" work.

It is very mundane and if you honestly love pharmacy retail wouldn't be the route for you. His wife works for a hospital and really likes what she does. He made his choice a very long time ago and by the time he wanted out he already had a wife/kids/mortgage and all that stuff, he really didn't want to give up a secure job with good money.

It's everything that goes along with the retail store. It's the fact that he has a !%%%@# partner (that's not always the case and he used to have a good partner and still hated retail). It's dealing with a lot of management that have no idea what he actually does. It's a lot of paper work and stuff like that. It's dealing with dumb customers, etc. It wasn't always that way but like most things it really wears on you. There are only so many things in a retail pharmacy to do and almost all of them involve no real "pharmaceutical" work.

It is very mundane and if you honestly love pharmacy retail wouldn't be the route for you. His wife works for a hospital and really likes what she does. He made his choice a very long time ago and by the time he wanted out he already had a wife/kids/mortgage and all that stuff, he really didn't want to give up a secure job with good money.

Wow OP, ive been considering this too, I grew up really into art, wanted to become a graphic designer but as life went on seemt like it was all a daydream. After finishing high school I did a year at a b.s. tech school dealing with microsoft office and now looking to keep going to school. Been considering picking up Pre Pharm but haven't a single clue on how/where to start or what it deals with tho...yeah its a shame.

Wow OP, ive been considering this too, I grew up really into art, wanted to become a graphic designer but as life went on seemt like it was all a daydream. After finishing high school I did a year at a b.s. tech school dealing with microsoft office and now looking to keep going to school. Been considering picking up Pre Pharm but haven't a single clue on how/where to start or what it deals with tho...yeah its a shame.

I'm thinking about what to major in right now and pharmacy is my top career choice so far. This thread has me second guessing.

Back
Top Bottom