Are there any pieces of advice that you feel are overrated?

Mister Mon

formerly an evolving gem
I feel the phrase "At least I tried" to be overrated. If I try my best at something and I fail, then I'm still going to feel upset about myself.
I also feel that using the term "YOLO" to justify making foolish decisions is overrated. Yes, you only live once and quality over quantity.

Let's share some advice that is routinely seen, yet we feel doesn't work and may even be counterproductive perhaps. Whether it be financial, spiritual, health, wealth, happiness etc.

We all want to live fulfilling lives, but we need to make sure we make the right decisions. There is a lot of bad advice out there. Together, let's weed out the myths and misconceptions.

Last edited:
"Just be yourself."

I hear this all the time from both frailboys and birds.

This is terrible advice if you're the opposite of NT brethren: un-handsome and un-delicious.

"Just be yourself."

This is terrible advice if you're the opposite of NT brethren: un-handsome and un-delicious.

Agreed. I let that advice mess me up for too long.

Agreed. I hate that "one way street" BS.

walked into an empty room on campus and apparently it was a feminist class. I assume that because on the board there was a list of HW for next week. either way, below the list was, write an assignment on 'male privilege,' couldn't help but add FE to the male part :lol:

Work hard enough and you could be anything you want.

sorry, but most people won't make it to the NBA, have a decent backup plan.

"Just be yourself."

This.

And “it’s just a game, just have fun”

I think this is all on how you were raised though.

EDIT: Oh and “Money isn’t everything” or “Money can’t buy happiness”

Let your *** with the $600 Million Mega Lotto then come talk to me :lol:

Every shot you don't take you miss...nope if you ain't going to make it you just ain't

Money isn’t everything” or “Money can’t buy happiness”

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

Back
Top Bottom