Are there any pieces of advice that you feel are overrated?

Primetime was so happy.. :lol:

giphy.gif

I concur on the phrase "just be yourself" being overrated. It leaves no room for self improvement. I would much rather be mindful of my weaknesses, and work hard to try and strengthen them. There's nothing wrong with being aware that we're not perfect.

Last edited:
"If you work hard, you can be anything you want to be."

Tell that to the black kid with a 15 year old mom addicted to crack born in the south side of Chicago. Some people have to try 10x harder for 10% the return.

"If you work hard, you can be anything you want to be."

Tell that to the black kid with a 15 year old mom addicted to crack born in the south side of Chicago. Some people have to try 10x harder for 10% the return.

Or a patient at a clinic I worked in where his parents had aids. And he was then born with aids. But what is worse is the sickness caused him to be schitzo. and bi polar or something wish personalities, as well.

Thank the lord anytime, he came for a visit that, that I was dealt a better hand.

"What will be will be."

Somebody I cared for followed this advise and it didn't work out well for your boy. F that advise.

You will never get ahead without a college education...

Some of the most wealthiest people I know dropped out of college and took a risk!

Anything prayer related.

If YOU think YOUR prayers are the key to changing God's mind on his devine predetermined plan, I can't takr ypu swrious.

Better off telling me, "I hope things get better."

Anything prayer related.

If YOU think YOUR prayers are the key to changing God's mind on his devine predetermined plan, I can't takr ypu swrious.

Better off telling me, "I hope things get better."

I believe prayers work in term of meditation and worship

But not to solve problems or request things :lol:

I believe prayers work in term of meditation and worship

But not to solve problems or request things :lol:
I agree with that. It can help the individual calm his nerves and be at peace, but you thinking sending prayers for someone else's issues is borderline thinking you can perform magic

Back
Top Bottom