Are We Watching Rick Ross Fall Off?

Rick Ross at one point to me was the hottest rapper in the game. Dude is still a top rapper in the eyes of the media and has tons of fans but lyrically I feel like he has taken a step back in this new "MMG" era of his career. I feel like most of this tracks are the same damn formula, stupid hook approx 2 bars long repeated 10x with the same damn punch line flow. Ross at his peak was a very versatile (Deep than rap for example) but the MMG tape he was just eh and the new mixtape Rich Forever is pretty much the same thing x how ever many tracks on it.

Are we watching Rick Ross fall off lyrically or am I missing something?

Please no discussion on street credibility.

I think he signed a three or five album deal with Def Jam, I'd read in Billboard a while back. Every time I think Im tired of his repetitive formula, he comes out with some listenable music...

I think he's focusing on Putting out the MMG corp and developing them. His album might be good summer music if that's when they're aiming for the release.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

He made "Triple Beam Dreams". That's not falling off.

word.

He is more focused on his team winning then just himself its looking like. Meek is next up...

I thought he was falling off until Rich Forever dropped then I changed my tune because that mixtape is damn flawless

Uhhhhh....lyrically falling off??? Actually he couldn't be any better, especially compared to his "Whip it real hard, whip it whip it real hard" days.

laugh.gif

Actually, he's probably as good now as he's ever been. His delivery/flow is as good as it's been and he's actually writing hooks now instead of just filling in the blanks now. I respect him as an artist now more than ever. Up until recently I viewed him like DJ Khaled, because I would only listen to his songs to hear other people. I still don't think much of him lyrically, but he is finally providing his own energy on tracks.

Musically he peaked at Deeper Than Rap. When's his new album come out? DTR held me down close to everyday for an entire sumer.

People are so stupid that this thread will make them believe that he's falling off too.

For the record, I don't think he's falling off. Sonically I just want to hear more OG Maybach Music, less Lex Luger riddim music.

laugh.gif
He's never been good lyrically though.

All style, no substance.

this is how you know you're running %%+%.. when you don't have a release in a whole 2 months and people start saying you fell off
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Uhhhhh....lyrically falling off??? Actually he couldn't be any better, especially compared to his "Whip it real hard, whip it whip it real hard" days.
Chill son... That track is a classic 
grin.gif

*Whips it real hard* 

Originally Posted by JordanJayyy7

Not a fan.
word, dude seem like he tryin too hard & he been whack to me ever since i 1st heard him on that boyz n da hood cd

Son just turned 36, he's at the tail end of his career. He's letting his underlings produce and flourish which is what all individuals in a power position should do. He's built a great legacy since dropping Port of Miami in 2006. Now, he's becoming more entrepreneurial. He's a very savvy dude.  FLORIDA STAND UP!

Back
Top Bottom