Are We Watching Rick Ross Fall Off?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif
He's never been good lyrically though.

All style, no substance.
Have you ever listened to Mafia Music 2? I doubt it with a statement like this.

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

Son just turned 36, he's at the tail end of his career. He's letting his underlings produce and flourish which is what all individuals in a power position should do. He's built a great legacy since dropping Port of Miami in 2006. Now, he's becoming more entrepreneurial. He's a very savvy dude.  FLORIDA STAND UP!

agree with everything said 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ebay DosTres

laugh.gif

are you trolling?
trolling? Because I have a different opinion

Musically his new %@+@ just dont move me like the older stuff.

Go back listen to White Sand, Albert Anestasia, Teflon Don and Deeper Than Rap...feels like 2 different rappers.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Stay Schemin is the hottest song on the radio right now.

Bruh lemme get Drake on a track and Ill be on the radio too...

you guy are all equating popularity to rap ability. Maybe I need to run Rich Forever again but it seemed oh so repetitive

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif
He's never been good lyrically though.

All style, no substance.

Have you ever listened to Mafia Music 2? I doubt it with a statement like this.

1st thing that came to mind
laugh.gif

I never considered Ross lyrical or anywhere close, but like others have said right now it appears he is trying to get his team over and focusing on them rather than himself.

I used to be a Ross fan but not so much anymore.... I Definatly don't see this guy falling off any time soon..... I can't deny that this dude always put out good music for women and men , streets and the radio.....He has the ability to make music for everybody and not just one particular crowd IMO ....

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

Are people's attention span really that short now?

Yes
Absolutely. 
And I don't think Rick Ross is currently falling off. But its on the horizon. If "God Forgives, I don't" isn't great that will probably be the start of it. Look how quickly Rich Forever was forgotten about. 

Originally Posted by loskickking23

I used to be a Ross fan but not so much anymore.... I Definatly don't see this guy falling off any time soon..... I can't deny that this dude always put out good music for women and men , streets and the radio.....He has the ability to make music for everybody and not just one particular crowd IMO ....

What are you talking about? Dude is big on pop charts now?

Who forgot about Rich Forever ?

He's been dropping videos the past few weeks for Rich Forever.

Not lyrical ?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lubu1

What I'm talking about is I know alot of people that dont listen to rap or don't like rap , they prefer other types of music...... But they like Ross and wayne... I'm never checking for pop charts.... Just making an assumption off the the people I met and know...Reason why I said IMO

i think Ross is just getting bigger and actually better. i was despising his music cause of fradulent background but he is pumping out bangers. he was never lyrical, he just makes catchy music

I understand the thought process behind making this post.
Ross music is getting too repetitive... And when you are repetitive and you over saturate yourself, you give the people the opportunity to get tired of you.

I don't think he is falling off, but I think he is taking a few steps down from his peak.

What I'm talking about is I know alot of people that dont listen to rap or don't like rap , they prefer other types of music...... But they like Ross and wayne... I'm never checking for pop charts.... Just making an assumption off the the people I met and know...Reason why I said IMO
You made a assumption that Ross has the ability to make music for everyone which is not true. For the masses, he is still just in the rap lane. He has yet to cross over.  He's a good storyteller of fantasy luxury life and the beats are menacing. However, the lyrics are weak and any fan of lyrics knows it.

Tried to tell yall this a while back.

Why he aint getting the Jeezy treatment this time last year God Forgives I dont was "coming soon"

He sitting on a single tho with Toomp tho

Ross isn't that big of an Artist anyways..
ohwell.gif

Its all hype.. Not 1 platinum album but yet he's the #1 hottest MC. Really?

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I never considered Ross lyrical or anywhere close, but like others have said right now it appears he is trying to get his team over and focusing on them rather than himself.

Shocked you called him Ross

You made a assumption that Ross has the ability to make music for everyone which is not true. For the masses, he is still just in the rap lane. He has yet to cross over.  He's a good storyteller of fantasy luxury life and the beats are menacing. However, the lyrics are weak and any fan of lyrics knows it.

Downloading that 4evaNaDay now...that dude krizzle

Downloading that 4evaNaDay now...that dude krizzle
His own peers know he is not lyrical. His delivery, beats, and words of life of luxury is what makes him work. However, in regards to the actual lyrics, he is below average. He is maximizing his strength and I give him major props for doing so.  In comparrison to ACTUAL lyricists like Royce, Cannabis, Jay, hell even Beanie, this guy is weak

Originally Posted by Cuffy

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Shocked you called him Ross

Consider it a blessing champ.  I decided to go with the OP suggestion when he created this thread as seen below..............

Are we watching Rick Ross fall off lyrically or am I missing something?

Please no discussion on street credibility.

Originally Posted by PRIME

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Uhhhhh....lyrically falling off??? Actually he couldn't be any better, especially compared to his "Whip it real hard, whip it whip it real hard" days.
Chill son... That track is a classic 
grin.gif

*Whips it real hard* 
Classic....ehhh.......would've even say it's a top 25 Ross song, including mixtape stuff.

That street/trap/Lex Luger riddem music is what's bringing the money in for him and MMG. He basically took over that lane with BMF and it would be foolish for him to veer from that lane with the money attention he's making...

His songs such as "Triple Beam Dreams", "Mafia Music", "Rich Forever", etc is proof that he's still capable of making the type of music that we all prefer...

I'm pretty sure his album will be filled with the likes of these tracks... as long as Def Jam doesn't mess up the flow of the album...

Back
Top Bottom