Are you a fan of the "nicknames?"

TORO BRAVO 5'S  
devil.gif
  ..LOVE THAT NAME

roll.gif
@ CHERRIES,GRAPES AND AQUAS

"yo i cannot wait for this pack to drop!!!! i'm countin the dayys =] im also gonna cop the white/v.red so i can rock my bred 6s n WRED 6s and stock my INFRAREDS WOOOOOOO!! "

haha this is from da infrared thread.. new nicknames keep coming n coming

Originally Posted by taivan

"yo i cannot wait for this pack to drop!!!! i'm countin the dayys =] im also gonna cop the white/v.red so i can rock my bred 6s n WRED 6s and stock my INFRAREDS WOOOOOOO!! "

haha this is from da infrared thread.. new nicknames keep coming n coming

NO. . . find them and execute them on site !
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

im cool with a few but some ppl just take it to another level wanting to have nicknames for every j's..smfh

Originally Posted by luis og13s

Originally Posted by HeartandSole44

Just the nicknames that have been around are acceptable (Bourdeaux, Concord, Space Jam.. etc.). I can't stand that every new shoe that drops has to have a nickname, Cherry XII's was the worst of the worst.

QFT
I second this. Blame stupid lil kids
mad.gif

All sneaker nicknames are corny. I prefer to identify kicks by model and color. If I gotta go into any more detail than that, I begin to wonder why I'm talking to you in the first place.

truniversal wrote:
All sneaker nicknames are corny. I prefer to identify kicks by model and color. If I gotta go into any more detail than that, I begin to wonder why I'm talking to you in the first place.
"I like some but not all".....................either you like them or you don't.  nicknames are lame n for lazy people

Originally Posted by cycopth

truniversal wrote:
"I like some but not all".....................either you like them or you don't.  nicknames are lame n for lazy people

I ain't talking about identifying sneakers by the Nike colors. I'm talking about general terms; "The white and blue Jordan 4s" instead of "Military Blue 4s", "The red and black Jordan 6s" instead of "Varsity Red 6s".

Originally Posted by ALWAYZJWALKINN

roll.gif
@ CHERRIES,GRAPES AND AQUAS
What's wrong with Grapes and Aquas?  Never heard anyone refer to Grape V's or Aqua VIII's any other way.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by truniversal

I ain't talking about identifying sneakers by the Nike colors. I'm talking about general terms; "The white and blue Jordan 4s" instead of "Military Blue 4s", "The red and black Jordan 6s" instead of "Varsity Red 6s".

Here's the problem with that...  what if you're referring to the White/Navy joints that came out in 99?

or if you're talking about White/Red V's.  That could mean a few shoes.  

It'd be ridiculously easier to say "Military IV" or "Fire Red V". 

I think the nicknames should only come from the coloway of the shoe.  Like Ijapino already mentioned, some will get a pass ie. Laney, Spacejams

Most of the nicknames are cool like Spizike, spacejam and etc. But some are corny so its an up and down road. But makes it easier to identify and describe the sneakers for sure.

Some are cool, some are not.

Cherries(12)
alien.gif
smh.gif
Dont know where this came from.
Breds
eyes.gif
smh.gif
It does shorten it up, but not a cool nickname.
Raptors
smh.gif
I know it goes with the jersey, but no, as far as a nickname.
Oreos
eyes.gif
I'm okay with this name, but only for the black/grey IV, though it's better fitting for the VI. Just the IV came first.

I'm just waiting for people to refer to the Fire Red V's as Fred's or Fab Five Freddy's.

i think its a great idea but should maybe have an official thread for each shoe. but it is so easy to identify a particular shoe imo.

i'm a fan of the nicknames...makes it easier to vision the shoes when i talk about them
wink.gif
(alot more easy then saying the full colorway name of a pair...)

Back
Top Bottom