Are you a fan of the "nicknames?"

Originally Posted by Vuey

can anyone tell me why the "Concord XI's" are called the concords ?

And why the XII Taxi's" are called the Taxi's ?

cheers
wink.gif

Don't know about the Taxi XII's though. It just fits, I guess.

cheers
wink.gif
i heard the XII r called the taxi because on the bottom it black n yellow

Some are pretty good but majority of them are wack like I heard a dude call the White/Red XIII's "The Bleeds" I was like 
sick.gif
#@# is wrong with this dude...lol but I like
Cement (III & IV)
Fire Red (V)
Grape's (V)
Infrared's (VI)
September Blues (IV)
Concord (XI)
Taxi's are pretty wack,
Columbia's (XI)
Aqua's (VIII)
Bordeaux (VII)
Breds is pretty wack also
Flints is kinda in between

Code:

i've never heard anyone call the XIIs cherries yet.

the only nickname that bothers me is "raptors" because that shoe and cw is older than the team. i've never heard anyone call their XIs "breds" outside of forums

Originally Posted by pennyfan757

the only nickname that bothers me is "raptors" because that shoe and cw is older than the team. i've never heard anyone call their XIs "breds" outside of forums

trust me...they do...and it's something to make a brotha cringe 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by bjw1983

trust me...they do...and it's something to make a brotha cringe 
grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif
at "cherries"

I hate 'em. I'd rather here the black/red XI's rather than bred XI's. Or even the white/blue VII's rather than frenchie VII's. I don't know..just erks me.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

cheers
wink.gif

Don't know about the Taxi XII's though. It just fits, I guess.
Concord is actually a purple color, its the color of the tiny jumpman in between the words "Jordan Jumpman" on the tounge of the shoe

i dont mind the nick names it gives the sneaker heads a protocol to speak, it keeps us from having to explain the difference between the playoff 13s and the bred 13s. so there is no head scratching or explaining of details when you talking to a fellow sneaker fan. it also helps a lot of us feel more individual about our shoes (even though there are million pairs made.)

I'm ok with most nicknames, but I don't feel like every single shoe needs to be forced to have one. Like when the white/red XIIs came out last year, a few people on NT started calling them Cherries, which just had me SMH.

i hate it when ppl say raptors. i just act like if they're talking about a new colorway thats dropping, then give them the
indifferent.gif

The colorway related nicknames are the ones that I use, but it doesn't bother me when people use the ones that I don't like.
Whatever makes it easy for someone to get their message across is fine.

The only nickname that does bother me is "Jays".
I'm an old head and the Converse Weapon, Dr. J.'s sig shoe, are the true "Jays".

I don't mind the use of nicknames for identifying particular shoes.

I don't necessarily like all of the "nicknames" put out though. There are the "generally accepted" ones that have been posted many times in here already... and then there's the ones that no one knows about that pop up randomly for every single shoe.

I don't really have a problem with it though... just gotta' come up with names that a majority of people will agree with.

No.
Stuff like "Cool Greys, Concords, Fire Reds, etc." are fine.
I hate stuff like "Breds, Raptors, Hares, Flu Games, etc."
Only exception I'll give are the Space Jams.

A LOT OF DUDES ARE CONFUSED. EITHER YOU HATE NICKNAMES OR YOU DON'T. BECAUSE CONCORDS, BORDEAUX ETC. HAVE BEEN AROUND LONGER THEN THEY ARE ACCEPTABLE? THEY ARE STILL NICKNAMES. WHAT KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT? IN THAT CASE, BRED AND CHERRIES WILL BE ACCEPTABLE IN A COUPLE YEARS LOL.

FOR ME, NICKNAMES MAKE IT EASIER WHEN IM REFERRING TO A PARTICULAR SHOE BECAUSE A LOT OF THE SHOES SHARE SIMILAR COLORWAYS. AT THE END OF THE DAY IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER WHAT SOMEONE USES TO REFER TO A PARTICULAR SHOE. ME AND MY DUDES HAVE OUR OWN SET OF NICKNAMES FOR CERTAIN SHOES BECAUSE OF OUR EXPERIENCES. I CAN SIT HERE ALL DAY AND MAKE UP NICKNAMES AND ATTACH THEM TO KICKS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE KICKS THEY ARE ATTACHED TO...EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT....

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Bred
Raptors
Oreo
Cherries

I can partially deal with the rest, but these fours are the worst, especially Bred and Raptors.
truth!! I dont mind hare's or aqua's, but i ALWAYS hated Bred as a nickname. Lazyass people cant say the black and red or chicago colorway.

As a sneaker head and collector i've watch the world evolve and started to realize some time ago that sneaker collecting and everything that goes along with it as become a culture and a underground community in it self,so nick names i could appreciated because whenever something becomes cultural then languge has to follow,so im a fan of nick names simply because it's keeps the sneaker community close,after all what would things be like with out nick names,only us know what 'Altitude' means lol

Adelpho'CooL'
Collect 4 Life
Nassau,Bahamas

I like 'em coz it's easy to "name" them, instead of saying (example) "white/college blue xvii colorway", or describing the whole thing, etc.
That's how they got famous so they must mean something to people.

nicknames it helps tells who really knows sneakers and makes it easy to tell what sneaker u talking about

I dont like most of them, but I use them all the time because people dont know what im talking about otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom