Are You a Good Tipper? Vol - Gratuity

Originally Posted by JimiLebowski

I still don't understand tipping in the U.S. . You enjoy a good meal, but the server gets the tip. . . The server does three things, brings food refills drink and takes order. . which might I add is their job. . On these duties I suppose everyone should be getting a tipped; bus driver, cashier, etc etc .

hmm, great point there mate.
I'll make sure to tip the bus driver from now on
smokin.gif

THOSE. SLOW. RIDES. owwwwwwwwwwww!

Got me peeking out my window, feenin for a faster vehicle. 

wut?

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

Originally Posted by CampbellSoup

Can I ask, are you Asian? Cause in my line of work and from what I have heard from my buddy who is married to a Korean woman, he says they only tip well within their race.
Asians rarely use my valet service, and when they do they don't tip for #+%#. Ive literally seen an Asian lady pull out a $5,000 Gucci bag, and have a wad full of $100 bills, and proceed to tip me $2. 
indifferent.gif
Im not asian. I am an immigrant though, and will say many asian, african, latino immigrants don't spend the same way Americans do. I can't really comment on Asians only tipping other Asians, but I will say that maybe the have a soft spot for their own people. Don't really know what else to say about that.

I will say I'm cheap, I don't use valet at all because I have no problem or time constraint in parking my own car, nor do I enjoy paying for parking at shopping centers that have restaurants or bars at night, but that's me. I think some Americans are more used to spending on certain things. I've lived here for a good portion of my life and still don't participate in some trends that my friends are into.

I'm laughing at that dude for acting like it was his restaurant when he's just a waiter and can't demand a tip like he's doing.

"I wish"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

What are you trying to crack at? Do you have a masters degree in psychology?

How did you get that notion from the word "my"?

Do you not like my choice of vocabulary?

Would you like me to rephrase that sentence? "the restaurant I worked at"?
Yes. Stop acting like another self-entitled waiter with an NT account
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CampbellSoup

Can I ask, are you Asian? Cause in my line of work and from what I have heard from my buddy who is married to a Korean woman, he says they only tip well within their race.
Asians rarely use my valet service, and when they do they don't tip for #+%#. Ive literally seen an Asian lady pull out a $5,000 Gucci bag, and have a wad full of $100 bills, and proceed to tip me $2. 
indifferent.gif
Im not asian. I am an immigrant though, and will say many asian, african, latino immigrants don't spend the same way Americans do. I can't really comment on Asians only tipping other Asians, but I will say that maybe the have a soft spot for their own people. Don't really know what else to say about that.

I will say I'm cheap, I don't use valet at all because I have no problem or time constraint in parking my own car, nor do I enjoy paying for parking at shopping centers that have restaurants or bars at night, but that's me. I think some Americans are more used to spending on certain things. I've lived here for a good portion of my life and still don't participate in some trends that my friends are into.

I'm laughing at that dude for acting like it was his restaurant when he's just a waiter and can't demand a tip like he's doing.

"I wish"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

roll.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

roll.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

roll.gif

I tip 20% at a minimum. I'll do more if the service was good. Most I've done was 50% on a birthday tab at a restaurant/bar.

I tip 20% at a minimum. I'll do more if the service was good. Most I've done was 50% on a birthday tab at a restaurant/bar.

Originally Posted by Wilroc

Niketalk, my boys and I recently ate at Applebees and our waitress was pregnant. Really all she did was bring the drinks and take our orders (male waiters came to serve our food and all that) and afterwards when it was time to pay, one of my boys INSISTED that we tip her more than the 15% because she was pregnant.
Thoughts on this? Would you have put up more of your money to tip her?

i thought tips were actually split between waiter/busboy/person who brings out food...if they arent all the same one.

Niketalk, my boys and I recently ate at Applebees and our waitress was pregnant. Really all she did was bring the drinks and take our orders (male waiters came to serve our food and all that) and afterwards when it was time to pay, one of my boys INSISTED that we tip her more than the 15% because she was pregnant.

i thought tips were actually split between waiter/busboy/person who brings out food...if they arent all the same one.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

The waiters have to tip out the bus boys and bartender even at some spots.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

The waiters have to tip out the bus boys and bartender even at some spots.

Depends On Service For Me...If the Service is Really Crappy I Leave A Few Pennies (Literally) and Write Something Down On A Napkin
roll.gif

If Service Is Superb Then I Give 15-20% Of The Bill

Depends On Service For Me...If the Service is Really Crappy I Leave A Few Pennies (Literally) and Write Something Down On A Napkin
roll.gif

If Service Is Superb Then I Give 15-20% Of The Bill

great service = great tip

good service = good tip

average service = average tip

crappy service = no tip

that's my view, and being a decent tipper has paid off, some of the regular spots i frequent i drink damn near for free, my meals get bigger then normal portions and free desert because the waiters and bartenders know i take care of them.

other spots where i felt the service was really good, once the waitresses or waiters saw their tip, i've had them come up to me when im leaving exchange numbers with me and tell me to hit them up whenever i come back because they'll take care of me.

crappy service is unacceptable though, i went to some applebees in brooklyn and ran into what must've been the most stupidest useless bartender ever. this broad filled my beers up halfway, when i ordered the 2nd beer it was just sitting there by where it was poured from for 15 minutes while she was talking to people she knew, so i asked her where my beer was and she gave me this stupid look, this happened every time i would try and get another beer. when the check came and i paid, i didn't tip her at all and she asked why i didn't tip her. i told her why and she got butthurt.

i called corporate the next day, explained the situation to them, the manager of that applebees personally called me, we talked on the phone and he told me to come back when he was working and all the drink i want would be on the house and i could get free dinner and desert too. so that ended well in the end.

great service = great tip

good service = good tip

average service = average tip

crappy service = no tip

that's my view, and being a decent tipper has paid off, some of the regular spots i frequent i drink damn near for free, my meals get bigger then normal portions and free desert because the waiters and bartenders know i take care of them.

other spots where i felt the service was really good, once the waitresses or waiters saw their tip, i've had them come up to me when im leaving exchange numbers with me and tell me to hit them up whenever i come back because they'll take care of me.

crappy service is unacceptable though, i went to some applebees in brooklyn and ran into what must've been the most stupidest useless bartender ever. this broad filled my beers up halfway, when i ordered the 2nd beer it was just sitting there by where it was poured from for 15 minutes while she was talking to people she knew, so i asked her where my beer was and she gave me this stupid look, this happened every time i would try and get another beer. when the check came and i paid, i didn't tip her at all and she asked why i didn't tip her. i told her why and she got butthurt.

i called corporate the next day, explained the situation to them, the manager of that applebees personally called me, we talked on the phone and he told me to come back when he was working and all the drink i want would be on the house and i could get free dinner and desert too. so that ended well in the end.

Back
Top Bottom