Are You a Good Tipper? Vol - Gratuity

Do you guys tip decent regardless of service, or do your tipping habits stay the same no matter what the circumstances?
Valet - I always throw $5, no matter what.

Out to eat at an expensive restaurant - 20 % if the service is pretty good, and 25 % if it really was excellent. If I get terrible service, 8 - 10 %.

But, when out at a spot like Waffle House late night and the bill is say $11, I'll tip like $4-5 unless the service really was awful.

Bottom line though, if someone is working in the service industry and really going out of their way to please me I will obviously will take care of them

Bout ya'll?

Do you guys tip decent regardless of service, or do your tipping habits stay the same no matter what the circumstances?
Valet - I always throw $5, no matter what.

Out to eat at an expensive restaurant - 20 % if the service is pretty good, and 25 % if it really was excellent. If I get terrible service, 8 - 10 %.

But, when out at a spot like Waffle House late night and the bill is say $11, I'll tip like $4-5 unless the service really was awful.

Bottom line though, if someone is working in the service industry and really going out of their way to please me I will obviously will take care of them

Bout ya'll?

This is NT, dudes too cheap to give the deliveryman a dollar.
Me on the other hand, I tip well and in order for me to give someone a really lousy tip, they had to really do a shotty job.

This is NT, dudes too cheap to give the deliveryman a dollar.
Me on the other hand, I tip well and in order for me to give someone a really lousy tip, they had to really do a shotty job.

If you tip even when service is lousy, doesn't that then destroy the entire incentive to do exceptional and "earn" a tip, by of course doing what they are already supposed to do? I mean even so called exceptional service is what? You refilled some drinks, bought me a straw, some more plates if it's a buffet place, wrote down my order and took it to the cooks who cooked it then bought it out to me.

Now they look at you sideways when you do carryout and go pick it up and don't make it rain on a tip. @!+%@ you put the food in a bag!

I tip based on service. If service is bad, I give a small tip (yeah bro) but if its good, I go double tax or more.

If you tip even when service is lousy, doesn't that then destroy the entire incentive to do exceptional and "earn" a tip, by of course doing what they are already supposed to do? I mean even so called exceptional service is what? You refilled some drinks, bought me a straw, some more plates if it's a buffet place, wrote down my order and took it to the cooks who cooked it then bought it out to me.

Now they look at you sideways when you do carryout and go pick it up and don't make it rain on a tip. @!+%@ you put the food in a bag!

I tip based on service. If service is bad, I give a small tip (yeah bro) but if its good, I go double tax or more.

k271041_oh-boy-here-we-go-again.jpg

I used to tip good no matter what.. but after years and years of generosity and service generally getting worse and worse.. I have changed habits and tip based on service. 5% if crappy up to 30% if excellent.

I used to tip good no matter what.. but after years and years of generosity and service generally getting worse and worse.. I have changed habits and tip based on service. 5% if crappy up to 30% if excellent.

...I wish some of you dudes came to my restaurant when I was working
It was a pretty high end sushi restaurant and only the white and asian people tipped well
30t6p3b.gif

good or bad service 15%. round dollar up for tip since im too lazy to calculate. im done eating and i want to get out of there as fast as i can.

good or bad service 15%. round dollar up for tip since im too lazy to calculate. im done eating and i want to get out of there as fast as i can.

...I wish some of you dudes came to my restaurant when I was working
It was a pretty high end sushi restaurant and only the white and asian people tipped well
30t6p3b.gif

You sir, have opened a can of worms.
NT as a whole are some of the shadiest tippers around.....(look up older threads for proof)

Me, seeing as how I work for tips, I tend to tip very well. Although, it is also based on service. If you act like you dont give a #$%@ neither should I.
At the same time, while at work, if I provide lousy service I dont expect a tip. In fact I have refused tips on a count of my lousy service.

You sir, have opened a can of worms.
NT as a whole are some of the shadiest tippers around.....(look up older threads for proof)

Me, seeing as how I work for tips, I tend to tip very well. Although, it is also based on service. If you act like you dont give a #$%@ neither should I.
At the same time, while at work, if I provide lousy service I dont expect a tip. In fact I have refused tips on a count of my lousy service.

I tip a lot, but I rarely eat out by myself and whenever I do I receive great service

I tip a lot, but I rarely eat out by myself and whenever I do I receive great service

15 percent base, regardless of how bad the service is (unless the person is legitimately rude for no reason but thats very rare), more if it was great and how much money I have on me.

In general a rule I always keep: If you can afford to be in the restaurant and eat out in the first place, you can afford to tip.

Back
Top Bottom