Armed robbery

i would've cried.

that was pretty smart of you though, you did what you were supposed to.

Last edited:
I would have done the same then ask them to leave a hundred out in a bush for me when I got out.

I would have done the same then ask them to leave a hundred out in a bush for me when I got out.
You think just like me :lol: :pimp:

OP, you did good. Staying calm and compliant is the way to go. Especially since it wasn't your money. Neither side of the gun wants to turn a robbery to a murder. As long as you don't give them a reason to, it won't.

Trust, you made the situation much smoother by doing what you did. If either of your employees gave them any static (freaked out, try to play hero, started fumbling the money which could be seen as stalling, or tried to bail) that couldve been all of yall lives. One on however many is less threatening to the robbers. Isolating yourself saved the day.

Last edited:
I woulda played dead. Have the other employees say the robbers that were in there 5 minutes before them killed me.

Must be in the hood, I've never heard of people running in an advanced auto parts store with weapons drawn.

You said it's happened already, maybe ya need a new job/location..?

Must be in the hood, I've never heard of people running in an advanced auto parts store with weapons drawn.

I knew a complete dummy who tried to rob a drug dealer in the parking lot of a Ikea. He's now serving 6 years :smh:

So what did your wife think you should do?

She thought I should've just laid down until they asked for the safe and registers to be opened.

Yeah I'm already starting to contemplate both of those options.

So I'm at work friday closing up the store I manage and two masked people run in. I inform them that I'm the manager to draw the heat off the other employees and make the situation run smoother because I'm the guy they need to get the money anyway. My question to you guys is what would you have done in this situation?
As a police officer and one who deals with this situation you did a good job.  I hope you were able to get a good discription of the suspects and which way they ran off so that it make it easier to apprehend.  Also were the cameras in your store working?

The last time we got robbed the manager under me ran out of the back door and left the guy up front by himself.

The dude is still alive though right? Don't downgrade another man's decision brother.

What you did was the right thing to do. No life is worth a dollar amount! What did you do after the incident though?

As a police officer and one who deals with this situation you did a good job.  I hope you were able to get a good discription of the suspects and which way they ran off so that it make it easier to apprehend.  Also were the cameras in your store working?

I was probably one of the worst witnesses ever. It was complete tunnel vision I was just focused on the demands and getting them out if the store and yeah we have cameras.

The dude is still alive though right? Don't downgrade another man's decision brother.

What you did was the right thing to do. No life is worth a dollar amount! What did you do after the incident though?

Yeah he still is alive we just clown him for running but most people live with the fight or flight mentality so I don't fault him. I was in total shock after they left. I pretty much just hid from the officers until I calmed down and was ready to talk.

Last edited:
The only thing that i can say that hasnt been said is that the store is an easy target i see since its been robbed twice now

The only thing that i can say that hasnt been said is that the store is an easy target i see since its been robbed twice now

I'm in the process of investigating a team member right now because I think it's an inside job. Both times we were robbed he was working and we didn't start getting robbed until after we hired him.

Is it just me or did OP not even finish the story.....

What else do you wanna know? I just provided enough info to get answers. I ain't trying to get hit off with the TL:DR.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom