Armenians are hating one kobe..

they mad.

stay outta glendale kobe.

if i was armenian and could relate to this more i'd see their point of view more but im not but i can see where their coming from on this.

they mad.

if i was armenian and could relate to this more i'd see their point of view more but im not but i can see where their coming from on this.

Glendale is salty. Still mad the best deli in town is Italian, I see.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

they mad.

relate to what? hating kobe? what happened between turkish and armenians have nothing to do with his decision to sign with turkish air. i dont think his decision to sign with turkish air had anything to do with that. wouldnt you sign too? money is money, and thats the reason he signed, no other reason.

would you hate an entire country and everyone else living there for something that happened to your countrymen? hatred towards others like that will affect generations to come.

they mad.

relate to what? hating kobe? what happened between turkish and armenians have nothing to do with his decision to sign with turkish air. i dont think his decision to sign with turkish air had anything to do with that. wouldnt you sign too? money is money, and thats the reason he signed, no other reason.

would you hate an entire country and everyone else living there for something that happened to your countrymen? hatred towards others like that will affect generations to come.

But it's okay for him to play on an American team right?

Last time I checked, Americans ...

laugh.gif

Not going to get into that.

But it's okay for him to play on an American team right?

Last time I checked, Americans ...

laugh.gif

Not going to get into that.

Originally Posted by Fatal Lightning

they mad.

You really can't be that dense, can you? Let me break it down for you as if you were a 4 year old.

Kobe has a huge fan base in the Armenian community
Kobe decides to endorse a product that is in direct conflict with his Armenian fan base
Fan base is upset and has a reason to express it

I am not saying Kobe is in the wrong because he does play in America and is an American. He has the right to endorse products if he chooses. His Armenian fan base has a deep passion for the issue and in a sense feels let down because they are also supporters of Bryant.

Originally Posted by Fatal Lightning

they mad.

You really can't be that dense, can you? Let me break it down for you as if you were a 4 year old.

Kobe has a huge fan base in the Armenian community
Kobe decides to endorse a product that is in direct conflict with his Armenian fan base
Fan base is upset and has a reason to express it

I am not saying Kobe is in the wrong because he does play in America and is an American. He has the right to endorse products if he chooses. His Armenian fan base has a deep passion for the issue and in a sense feels let down because they are also supporters of Bryant.

people will hate on kobe for anything he does and if u dont realize that ur an idiot. people made a fuss about the COD commercial which is BS. does kobe bryant appearing in a COD or turkish airline commercial effect ur life on a daily basis? if it does ur an idiot and fyl

people will hate on kobe for anything he does and if u dont realize that ur an idiot. people made a fuss about the COD commercial which is BS. does kobe bryant appearing in a COD or turkish airline commercial effect ur life on a daily basis? if it does ur an idiot and fyl

Originally Posted by Si3xers55

Good point. What a celebrity endorses isn't going to affect a person's daily life, if they already formulated their opinion on a product then an endorsement won't change that fact.

Originally Posted by Si3xers55

Good point. What a celebrity endorses isn't going to affect a person's daily life, if they already formulated their opinion on a product then an endorsement won't change that fact.

Looks like I'm the first Armenian here to chime in on the subject. I live in LA too and let me tell you there are a lot of hurt and angered Armenians right now. I'm disappointed myself but I can't blame him much.

And I'm disgusted by a lot of the ignorance I've read so far here. I don't want to get too deep into it but let me start by saying to the original poster if I knew you in person and you said that 'get over yourselves' #+*#%%@# towards me, I would deck your %*#%#%* face on the spot. My apologies to the mods, but I'm being honest.

To put light on some things, forget respiration, the genocide till this day is denied by the Turkish people. We've lost over a million lives and half our land. We're talking mass murder here, and we can't get so much of a recognition let alone an apology. There's these ignorant statements here claiming "why don't they educate people" and so on. We're doing everything in our power. We've had a number of presidents with promises of acknowledgment(including the current one) but no action because of politics like Turkey is a business ally so they don't want to step on toes. We've held countless protests, we have not sat quiet, but there's only so much we can do, we're undermanned on the subject.

People here are saying they'll find anything to hate on Kobe for, a lot of the times that's true, but in this instance there are Kobe fans and supporters who are hurt by it. Yeah Kobe means no harm, it's just about money, but it's deeper to us. He has not had near the support and love from the Turkish community as the Armenians have given him and yet he's made himself a genie pig and a marketing tool for some money.

Bottom line, whether it makes sense or not, we feel betrayed.

Looks like I'm the first Armenian here to chime in on the subject. I live in LA too and let me tell you there are a lot of hurt and angered Armenians right now. I'm disappointed myself but I can't blame him much.

And I'm disgusted by a lot of the ignorance I've read so far here. I don't want to get too deep into it but let me start by saying to the original poster if I knew you in person and you said that 'get over yourselves' #+*#%%@# towards me, I would deck your %*#%#%* face on the spot. My apologies to the mods, but I'm being honest.

To put light on some things, forget respiration, the genocide till this day is denied by the Turkish people. We've lost over a million lives and half our land. We're talking mass murder here, and we can't get so much of a recognition let alone an apology. There's these ignorant statements here claiming "why don't they educate people" and so on. We're doing everything in our power. We've had a number of presidents with promises of acknowledgment(including the current one) but no action because of politics like Turkey is a business ally so they don't want to step on toes. We've held countless protests, we have not sat quiet, but there's only so much we can do, we're undermanned on the subject.

People here are saying they'll find anything to hate on Kobe for, a lot of the times that's true, but in this instance there are Kobe fans and supporters who are hurt by it. Yeah Kobe means no harm, it's just about money, but it's deeper to us. He has not had near the support and love from the Turkish community as the Armenians have given him and yet he's made himself a genie pig and a marketing tool for some money.

Originally Posted by petozham

I'd bet that of the 700,000 Armenians in sourthern california, few have ever given a second thought to the number of other cases of genocide and mass violence that have taken place around the world over the last few hundred years.

People only really care about these things (enough to voice their opinions), when it was their own kind who were assualted.

If Kobe's latest business venture really hurt you, I won't tell you to get over yourself, but I will tell you to grow up. Your closing thoughts make it seem as if you feel Kobe owes something to the Armenians of southern california as a people, he doesn't.

Not trying to be offensive, just how I feel.
ohwell.gif

I'd bet that of the 700,000 Armenians in sourthern california, few have ever given a second thought to the number of other cases of genocide and mass violence that have taken place around the world over the last few hundred years.

People only really care about these things (enough to voice their opinions), when it was their own kind who were assualted.

If Kobe's latest business venture really hurt you, I won't tell you to get over yourself, but I will tell you to grow up. Your closing thoughts make it seem as if you feel Kobe owes something to the Armenians of southern california as a people, he doesn't.

ohwell.gif

He has not had near the support and love from the Turkish community as the Armenians have given him and yet he's made himself a genie pig and a marketing tool for some money.

maybe he plans on playing in Turkey once hes done in the nba like AI and Shaq (there have been speculations).

He has not had near the support and love from the Turkish community as the Armenians have given him and yet he's made himself a genie pig and a marketing tool for some money.

maybe he plans on playing in Turkey once hes done in the nba like AI and Shaq (there have been speculations).

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

ohwell.gif
Don't speak in assumptions and generalities. Unlike America, geography and world history is a very important subject in Armenia much like all of Europe. We've been saying for years America is so self absorbed, people who grow up here have no clue what goes on outside of the US. I can't believe you would say that, given that we've personally gone through the tragedy, so we especially sympathize with other genocides. We've brought other country genocide issues up many times during court processes. We are well educated and aware on the subject.

I don't need to grow up. I'm not delusional, I understand it's strictly business, I've stated that earlier. But why couldn't Kobe have done some info searching on the country and ask himself if this is the best country and government he needed to associate himself with? If he had and decided to do it regardless, that's the part that we feel slighted over.

For lack of a better example, let me put it this way. Imagine Pau Gasol cut a deal with KKK members and skinheads to be in some commercials. He had nothing to do with anything that's ever happened or happens, and he too owes nothing to anyone, he's just doing it for money. You're telling me he wouldn't and shouldn't recieve any backlash from the black community?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

ohwell.gif
Don't speak in assumptions and generalities. Unlike America, geography and world history is a very important subject in Armenia much like all of Europe. We've been saying for years America is so self absorbed, people who grow up here have no clue what goes on outside of the US. I can't believe you would say that, given that we've personally gone through the tragedy, so we especially sympathize with other genocides. We've brought other country genocide issues up many times during court processes. We are well educated and aware on the subject.

I don't need to grow up. I'm not delusional, I understand it's strictly business, I've stated that earlier. But why couldn't Kobe have done some info searching on the country and ask himself if this is the best country and government he needed to associate himself with? If he had and decided to do it regardless, that's the part that we feel slighted over.

For lack of a better example, let me put it this way. Imagine Pau Gasol cut a deal with KKK members and skinheads to be in some commercials. He had nothing to do with anything that's ever happened or happens, and he too owes nothing to anyone, he's just doing it for money. You're telling me he wouldn't and shouldn't recieve any backlash from the black community?

That's a poor example unless you're implying that Turkish Airlines share the same ideologies as the KKK.

In that situation Pau would be the face of an extremist terrorist group, Kobe is the face of an airline company, not the same thing.

You say it's not the best government for Kobe to associate himself with but he's not associated with the government, he's associated with an international corporation that does business in hundreds of countries world wide.

Think about it from an outside perspective, you're basically saying no one should do business with an entity whose base country has ever committed an atrocity.  Which is ridiculous when you start peddling back hundreds of years.

Back
Top Bottom