ARRANGED MARRIAGES

antonlavey

Banned
So my mom is getting remarried and wants me to sit next to this girl that is literally everything I look for in a woman. She's hot and has aB.S from Stanford M.S. from Cornell and is working on a PhD from Harvard. My friend and I were talking about how my mom is trying to help me bag and somehowthe convo led to us discussing "arranged marriages". I think Indians and others that practice this form of courtship or the lack thereof have itright. It would save so much heartache and energy associated with dating and the jibbi jabba. Meet girl, look at her resume, approve of her looks....getmarried. %%$$ we'll get to know eachother later let's get married.

Thoughts?
grin.gif

Pics for the beasts

n201745_34115329_6263.jpg

n201745_34897351_3187.jpg

n201745_32235445_4000.jpg

20 pages. My brother was married in a fairly similar way. They spoke over the phone for a year, exchanged letters and pictures along the time and eventuallygot married. Been married happily for 9-10 years now.

I'm surprised with the responses so far. Personally I wouldn't mind either. Has to have had a particular upbringing though.

even Indians in the US don't arrange marriages in the traditional sense...

most of them serve as match-makers... introducing their kids based on their "bio-data"

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

most of them serve as match-makers... introducing their kids based on their "bio-data"

Would you?

Well you know of her looks but where is her head? Are you seriously considering this though or did it just make you wonder?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Would you?
Would I, what?
...go into an arranged marriage?
No, being that:
1. I'm already in a committed relationship
2. I'm not Indian
3. If I was though, I'd be open to meeting anyone, so long as there was no pressure to keep seeing someone if I said no dice.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

We you know of the looks but where is her head? Are you seriously considering this though or did it just make you wonder?
Nah my friend just made a joke about both of our parent's arranging a marriage between that girl and I and it got me thinking. If an arrangedmarriage can get me a girl like this I'm all for it.
smokin.gif

my mother always told me not to worry about finding a wife. She said after I get my MIS shes taking me to the village and gonna let me take my pic
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I dont know bout some village girls but nigerian females > american females all day.

Arranged marriages are pretty common in Korea as well. Rich & powerful families get together and try to set their children up. Usually the mothers and thetwo participants have dinner together. How awkward is that?

My mom gets calls from churchmembers or friends who want to hook their daughters up with me. Typically the girls who are open to getting married to someone whois essentially a complete stranger that happens to earn good money are the ones I try to avoid. I just pretend to be interested, pick and choose who I like,give them a few go-arounds, and move on.

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

I dont know bout some village girls but nigerian females > american females all day.

grin.gif

Anyway I just came in to say what dirty said....definitely common among immigrant Indian parents, I know a bunch of Indian kids who to Harvard and MIT andother schools of that caliber and I guess all the parents want to marry their daughters off to them
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom