ARRANGED MARRIAGES

Don't do it...reconsider...read some litera...ture, on the subject, you sure? Well _____ it.

FOR THOSE THAT DIDN'T KNOW, THIS THREAD IS SPECULATIVE. I AM NOT BEING SET UP ON AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE. MY MOM JUST WANTS TO SIT ME NEXT TOTHIS GIRL SO I CAN TALK TO HER AND BAG.

I discussed this with my friend and it led to a discussion on arranged marriages and parents setting up their kids.

Originally Posted by GULLYDAGREAT

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by GULLYDAGREAT

there is no way im down for a arranged marriage

and shorty isnt too hot imo
So as a package you could do better than this girl?
grin.gif

I mean to each is its own .. your by passing the looks because she has brains .. degrees dont do nothin ... in this world its who you know not what you know.

at the end of the day i rather wake up to ma girl who has a bachelor ( going for her master in the fall ) .. some1 who i met and can relate and has the beauty

i just see it being superficial to "arrange" some1 to be together .. imo thas jus setting it up for disaster
You serious dude? A Stanford degree means a helluva lot.

Maybe you're a little biased considering you have "college dropout" in your sig?

Anyway OP if you think she's hot go for it, she's obviously accomplished and on the right track, etc. etc.

i think theres more to it than just looks and a "resume", a little thing called personality.

although i would venture a guess that arranged marriages have a higher success rate than regular one's, maybe something to do with expectations oradaptability.

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

my mother always told me not to worry about finding a wife. She said after I get my MIS shes taking me to the village and gonna let me take my pic
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I dont know bout some village girls but nigerian females > american females all day.
alien.gif
fool are you serious? (and i'm Nigerian).

i'm probably gonna end up marrying a Nigerian chick, but i sure as hell won't marry one from the village. but 95% of the ones in the US have weaves soit's gonna be a tough search
tired.gif

OP, that chick is wifey material for sure. you should try to pursue something and see where it goes.

If you digging the girl..Go for it. She's smart, looks decent imo and if the personality matches then why the hell not go in. And your moms playingoffensive coordinator on the side.. So yea..Get it in bro.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

my mother always told me not to worry about finding a wife. She said after I get my MIS shes taking me to the village and gonna let me take my pic
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I dont know bout some village girls but nigerian females > american females all day.
alien.gif

i'm probably gonna end up marrying a Nigerian chick, but i sure as hell won't marry one from the village. but 95% of the ones in the US have weaves so it's gonna be a tough search
tired.gif

OP, that chick is wifey material for sure. you should try to pursue something and see where it goes.

Why not?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

alien.gif

i'm probably gonna end up marrying a Nigerian chick, but i sure as hell won't marry one from the village. but 95% of the ones in the US have weaves so it's gonna be a tough search
tired.gif

Why not?
nothing against them, its just that i feel like an Americanized woman would know how to treat me better. and i would be able to relate to hermore.

i'd go for a native Nigerian woman if i simply wanted a wife who would be subservient, would do all the chores, and would never talk back to me... which isgood too i guess

Originally Posted by derrty6232

don't forget to ask for her slutfax...

I don't care who/ how many guys a girl's been with before I get with her....I don't buy into that double standard. If guys are allowed to sleeparound, experiment and sow their royal oats, so should girls.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

don't forget to ask for her slutfax...

I don't care who/ how many guys a girl's been with before I get with her....I don't buy into that double standard. If guys are allowed to sleep around, experiment and sow their royal oats, so should girls.
That's a good look on it...I do the double standard a lot. Needa quit that malarkey.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

nothing against them, its just that i feel like an Americanized woman would know how to treat me better. and i would be able to relate to her more.

i'd go for a native Nigerian woman if i simply wanted a wife who would be subservient, would do all the chores, and would never talk back to me... which is good too i guess
A F.O.B mail order Nigerian bride is always gonna be there for me if all else fails.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
And seeing how I'm DEFINITELY gettin a prenup when I getmarried, that %%## better ackrite or it's back to the village she goes with nothing.

Originally Posted by WhIpwReCkEr

i think theres more to it than just looks and a "resume", a little thing called personality.

True story. Chicks who are focused like on their studies usually have to sacrifice aspects of their social life and end up a little "off". That's not to say it couldn't work. Just don't rush in expecting her to drop everything (anything) for you in the beginning. And make sure she cancook.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

True story. Chicks who are focused like on their studies usually have to sacrifice aspects of their social life and end up a little "off". That's not to say it couldn't work. Just don't rush in expecting her to drop everything (anything) for you in the beginning. And make sure she can cook.
1. I want her to have a successful career, money and a life.......so one day I can quit mine and become a stay home dad
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

2. I can cook for my own damn self.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

True story. Chicks who are focused like on their studies usually have to sacrifice aspects of their social life and end up a little "off". That's not to say it couldn't work. Just don't rush in expecting her to drop everything (anything) for you in the beginning. And make sure she can cook.
1. I want her to have a successful career, money and a life.......so one day I can quit mine and become a stay home dad
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

2. I can cook for my own damn self.
That's all well and good. But don't be shocked if she doesn't respect you. For both reasons.

Good luck, though. Maybe that trench coat will win her over.

1. She looks pretty.
2. She is smart
3. Judging by her education, she can get a good job.

That being said, you can make your decision. I'm not up for my mom making my decisions, because she makes horrible ones, but go for it.

In regards to arranged marriages, I'd say that the divorce rate would be much lower than it is if arranged marriages were part of American culture.

Back
Top Bottom