ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT MOVIE

i started watching it on netflix an couple months back but stopped. is it normal that the "whats on the next episode" segments dont really happen on the next episode? im like 7 eps deep.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

i started watching it on netflix an couple months back but stopped. is it normal that the "whats on the next episode" segments dont really happen on the next episode? im like 7 eps deep.

it's pretty normal. 
I can't wait till the next season if the rumors are true. 

AD with only 3 seasons seems empty, great choice on making a new season then make the movie 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LanZeR23

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

it's pretty normal. 
I can't wait till the next season if the rumors are true. 

AD with only 3 seasons seems empty, great choice on making a new season then make the movie 

I think that's one of the beauties of Netflix-Arrested Development. People get reacquainted and discover the genius of the show. Same goes for other shows that had a short life Spanish like Freaks and Geeks and Party Down, I like to call it the "Arrested Development syndrome"
laugh.gif
:smh:Anyway super excited, but it's not confirmed till we see the trailer

A season before the movie focusing on one character per episode is a great idea. It saves time from doing that in the movie, and also gives us more AD which is always good.

I am still skeptical, though. They can announce it, plan it, even film it, but until it's confirmed to be airing and I can see it, then I'll get excited. The movie has been hinted at since the end of the series, so I'm just ready to finally get more Arrested.

tumblr_lsgpfxV6nt1qbydvuo1_500.jpg

that this blows up and gets a lil family guy treatment...they aint doin too much these days
nerd.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Well, Arrested Development is much smarter, funnier, and complex than HIMYM. You should like it more.
... in your opinion.
I love Arrested Development as much as most of you guys in here but I'm skeptical about another season coming to fruition. I already see it being hard to convince a studio to produce a movie when the TV show was cancelled... but convincing a network to pick the show back up seems impossible.

I think the only reason why this is moving forward is because Jason Bateman and Michael Cera have become legitimate stars since the show aired, so it can be marketed as a vehicle for both of them. Will Arnett's career has gained some steam too. So the movie is pretty much dependent on how the careers of Bateman and Cera have blossomed.

that isn't an opinion. it's a fact that it's a much smarter and more complex show. funny is subjective, but those 2 aren't. But it's much funnier.

Will Arnett will change his tune after his current sitcom is cancelled.

laugh.gif
@ it was cancelled for a reason.

[h1]Mitchell Hurwitz Says ‘Arrested Development’ Movie — and Miniseries! — are Happening[/h1]
Posted on Sunday, October 2nd, 2011 by Angie Han

Keep holding out hope, Arrested Development fans. Five years after the series finale, creator Mitchell Hurwitz is still insisting that, yes, a movie based on the brilliant-but-cancelled sitcom is definitely in the works. And what’s more, he’s now hoping to do a nine- or ten-episode lead-in miniseries as well. Intriguing news indeed, but I don’t think I’ll be holding my breath. More details after the jump.

During a New Yorker Festival event Sunday afternoon, the New York Times reports, Hurwitz took the stage with cast members Jason Bateman, Will Arnett, Michael Cera, David Cross, Portia de Rossi, Tony Hale, Alia Shawkat, Jeffrey Tambor, and Jessica Walter for a panel about the show. Predictably, moderator Nancy Franklin inquired at one point about the status of the long-rumored film. Hurwitz’ response: “We’re 80 percent of the way to an answer.

Hurwitz is just stepping up his previous talks of a movie with even more talk... I don't blame him for wanting a miniseries and movie but this fanbase has been waiting for a movie for years now, I don't want to hear any more talk until there's financing and distribution OFFICIALLY announced.

By the time the movie finally comes out we might actually see Gobias Industries first coffee shop open up.

Dude said How I Met Your Mother was better than AD. Remind me to never take your opinion seriously from now on
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Hurwitz is just stepping up his previous talks of a movie with even more talk... I don't blame him for wanting a miniseries and movie but this fanbase has been waiting for a movie for years now, I don't want to hear any more talk until there's financing and distribution OFFICIALLY announced.

By the time the movie finally comes out we might actually see Gobias Industries first coffee shop open up.
it's OFFICIAL
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

from imdb.com via huffington post

"Arrested Development" is back. Looks like TV execs are finally willing to admit they've made a huge mistake. The cult classic television comedy about the travails of the rich, zany Bluth family, cancelled in 2006 after three seasons, will produce nine to ten new episodes and a movie, it was announced at The New Yorker Festival on Sunday. "It's true. We will do 10 episodes and the movie. Probably shoot them all together next summer for a release in early '13. Very excited!" leading actor Jason Bateman tweeted. Smart and irreverent, the show also starred David CrossMichael CeraPortia De RossiTony HaleAlia Shawkatand Jessica Walter. It was executive produced by Ron Howard, who also provided narration. Since its cancellation, the show has earned a fervent fan base, with constant speculation as to when -- or whether -- the show would be adapted into a movie. The cast, led by Bateman andWill Arnett, »

Official announcement and official deal to produce and air the episodes are two different things.

They need money to film it and a network to air.. That's what I'm still waiting on. So far I've read Showtime and Netflix are two possibilities.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]'Arrested Development' to return on Netflix[/h1][h2]Netcaster, 20th TV and Imagine close deal to revive comedy[/h2]
By Andrew Wallenstein

arrested_netflixtall.jpg

'Arrested Development'
Netflix is licensing new episodes of the TV series "Arrested Development" from 20th Century Fox Television and Imagine Television.
The sides struck a deal with the streaming service that will launch new episodes of the Emmy-winning comedy in early 2013, the studio confirmed.

The prospect of "Development" returning in both TV and film forms was raised last month when the show's creator, Mitch Hurwitz, announced in an appearance at the New Yorker Festival that he was intent on reuniting the series' original actors, including Jason Bateman and Will Arnett, for another go-round.

"Arrested" had a critically acclaimed run on Fox from 2003-2006, but the network canceled the series given its ratings were always modest at best.

All of the series regulars have expressed interest in returning and are expected back, though no deals have been done. How that will work will be interesting given many of them are maintaing busy careers. "Arrested" player Arnett is currently on the NBC series "Up All Night" and another alum, Portia de Rossi, is attached to a high-profile project in development at the Peacock.

Where this leaves the proposed "Arrested" feature film isn't clear. While one source familiar with the project said it is currently in development at Fox Searchlight, another source at the studio denied it was an active project. Hurwitz's vision of the film was to schedule it after the series run in order to drive interest at the box office, but at the very least it seems that the film and TV aren't attached to each other.

Hurwitz was executive producer of "Arrested" with Imagine principals Ron Howard and Brian Grazer. The producing pair issued a statement: "Bringing a series back from cancellation almost never happens, but then, 'Arrested' always was about as unconventional as they get, so it seems totally appropriate that this show that broke the mold is smashing it to pieces once again."

That Netflix has emerged the winner of a bidding war that reportedly included pay-TV player Showtime will be seen as a real coup for the service, which already gave Hollywood notice in March that it was in the original programming business in a big way when it ordered a 22-episode adaptation of the BBC drama "House of Cards" set to premiere next year. Analysts estimated "Cards," which comes with Kevin Spacey attached to star and David Fincher to executive produce, cost Netflix $100 million to get the rights from Media Rights Capital.

Financial terms of the "Arrested" deal are not known but could be substantial given the caliber of talent involved.

While Netflix's market capitalization was sent reeling in recent months after ill-advised decisions regarding its pricing, the need for original programming is all the greater as content companies have held the line at giving the service TV shows that are in-season.

Since Netflix started licensing original series, the service has been seen as a potential savior for ill-fated productions that get shuttered over the objections of a cult following too narrow to sustain them. But rescuing a show that comes with a built-in audience--albeit one too small to survive on TV--may be a safer strategy than creating a new property out of whole cloth.

The hedge on "Cards" is that its narrative has already gotten a test run in the U.K. but with different talent on both sides of the camera.

Ted Sarandos, chief content officer at Netflix said of the deal, "'Arrested Development is one of the finest American comedies in TV history and its return through Netflix is a perfect example of how we are working closely with studios and networks to provide consumers with entertainment they love,'" said Ted Sarandos, Netflix Chief Content Officer.

The return of "Development" would be a stunner given it is rare that a series comes back after a protracted absence, though 20th and Fox have seen precedent here: Animated series "Family Guy" was canceled in 2001 only to be revived three years later after the series fared well on DVD and in syndication.

Link

Glad that Arrested Development is official confirmed to return.
pimp.gif

But Netflix isn't available outside the States.
indifferent.gif

*McNulty kicking desk gif*

^That just means you won't be able to watch it when it originally airs. Right after it's finished there'll be links everywhere on the internet to watch.

Sooo happy this is coming back
pimp.gif
Hopefully the amount of ppl that watch the first ep will be so overwhelming there's no way they can't make the movie.

Back
Top Bottom