Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Capture+_2019-06-20-22-10-18.png

A lot of these are surprising.

The latter and i don't think it's cool. Seems like in a lot of the songs lately it's either c word, c word eyes or objectifying Asian women when Asians are brought up

Can you name some examples. I know that Lil' Pump dude said something in a song recently, but he's a clown anyway.

But using that word in any context ain't cool and I'm throwing hands if anybody says it to me in person unless they're strapped

I should've figured it was those clowns that said it. Dudes weigh about a 110 lbs each in a soaking wet parka. Same dweebs that was trying to gang up on a 45 year old Joe Budden at the BET awards

Tbh 99% of these new generation rappers can say whatever they want in a song, but they probably wouldn't even say it to anybody's face in reality. I can probably only name a handful of dudes that I probably couldn't beat up in person. I ain't the biggest, baddest dude on the planet either but I'd knockout most of these new dudes with one punch, literally. 50, Jim Jones, Game, and maybe a couple others I can't think of off the top that I would back down to but they're not even really relevant in the game today.

Wiz Khalifa made a line about his eyes looking Korean. Childish Gambino writes entire songs objectifying Asian women. Yg with his song about robbing Asian neighborhoods cause Asians hate bank accounts and carry cash at home

rappers don't have anything cool to say about Asian people but Asian stereotypes?

I should've figured it was those clowns that said it. Dudes weigh about a 110 lbs each in a soaking wet parka. Same dweebs that was trying to gang up on a 45 year old Joe Budden at the BET awards

Tbh 99% of these new generation rappers can say whatever they want in a song, but they probably wouldn't even say it to anybody's face in reality. I can probably only name a handful of dudes that I probably couldn't beat up in person. I ain't the biggest, baddest dude on the planet either but I'd knockout most of these new dudes with one punch, literally. 50, Jim Jones, Game, and maybe a couple others I can't think of off the top that I would back down to but they're not even really relevant in the game today.

:rofl:

You makin some wild predictions

Capture+_2019-06-20-22-10-18.png

A lot of these are surprising.
:wow:
Very surprising and odd. But in a way I guess some makes sense. Ie. VA and GA, decent size Korean population there, but also not really an area you hear languages other than English.
Wisconsin - had no idea Hmong people were out there.

Pretty cool though.

Damn, sorry to any fans, but rap nowadays sux if that's what's dope.

Where's Dumbfoundead to make sense of all this >D

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hnigatu/dumb-rap-lyrics-about-asian-people

When discussing the racism we face, I've always described it as "dismissed".

Sigh.

Jin and China Mac squashing their beef is a great moment for Asian Americans. On another note, I met Jin a few years back
2113256124.png

That’s wild, been following the story since it happened, listened to Jin - Cold Outside and started hearing more from Mac’s interviews recently. I met Jin at a charity event in SF, he hosted a comedy event for Asian American Donor Program which I volunteer for. He’s as short or shorter than I am haha, bruh you a giant next to him.

I met China Mac when he came to the bay to shoot a music video with my cousin (Mo Money Mo Problems, check that out). He performed at Studio 8 with a bunch of other Asian artists then we all went out to chill at a bar after. Told him keep doing his thing and all was pretty faded lol

I always felt iffy about Regrets by Jay-Z lol. It's such a classic but the lyrics are ******* weird as hell.

"But one of these buyers got eyes like a Korean
It's difficult to read 'em
The windows to his soul were half closed, I put the key in

Pulled off slow, hopin' my people fleein'
C**** tried to knock the only link that tied me in"

But in general I'm not really worried about Asian and Black racism. I know it's not coming from a heavy place. I see people trying to incite hate between the two groups using one off experiences that may not even be racial and it's just like, for what man. We don't even have that type of history or institutional power over each other where there needs to be that.

Last edited:
What y’all think about the whole reason he’s a Hachimura?

It’s law in Japan he has to take his mothers last name

copied from reddit

"This is incorrect, it is possible for mixed couple's children to have the father's foreign name in katakana, the mother's surname will be changed to the father's in katakana as well. There are lots of people in Japan with names like this (e.g. Yu Darvish, a pro baseball player)"

copied from reddit

"This is incorrect, it is possible for mixed couple's children to have the father's foreign name in katakana, the mother's surname will be changed to the father's in katakana as well. There are lots of people in Japan with names like this (e.g. Yu Darvish, a pro baseball player)"
Oh I guess I’m just wrong then

Back
Top Bottom