Asian Culture Discussion Thread

So naming your kid a “white name” is seekign acceptance from white people huh . Gotcha.

Judging people on how they chose to name their children, or themselves is corny to me.

What's good with Asians picking the whitest names possible? I met a Chinese dude named Tanner yesterday

There are more Black, Hispanic, and multi racial people than Asian with the first name Tanner according to Social Security Administration data.

https://www.mynamestats.com/First-Names/T/TA/TANNER/index.html

Names are a very Private and Personal matter. Why and How anyone would care or judge other people’s Name is beyond me. And no, I do not have an English first name.

So what is your Name, ethnic/racial background and family history?
Sure we can give you some feedback.

Damn! Too bad government institutions are closed today. I was planning to change my white name to a more asian name to please this dude. :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

What's good with Asians picking the whitest names possible? I met a Chinese dude named Tanner yesterday

The names of the respective culture you are from

Non whites seeking white acceptance is corny to me.

I respect a Japanese parent more for naming their kid Masahiro instead of Oliver

Here’s something regarding names that will blow your mind. How White is that Name? Think his Black parents were seeking White acceptance?

D'Brickashaw Montgomery Ferguson
Ralph de Bricassart

1200px-D%27Brickashaw_Ferguson_-_Jets_-_Sept_2009.jpg

290c7aa36cb17dc6c0ff38d5eb90996f.jpg

Some asians have American and Asian names and he probably just gave you his American name when he met you

It's that or he was just given one name that his parents liked

Simple as that

I tried to shed some light on a specific attack against Asians Americans here:
But it got locked and I was called a race baiter.
I guess Asian Americans are model minorities and easy prey. :emoji_man_with_gua_pi_mao:

How quickly that thread turned into "but asians are prejudiced against blacks too" thread. If I even dared (or was ignorant enough) to bring something like that to the Aubrey thread with " but blacks are prejudiced against whites too", I'd be a SWS.

:emoji_man_with_gua_pi_mao:

Would you like starch on these shirts?

My stance is no one should ever attack, judge, or hold hatred on anyone else based solely on their race. ESPECIALLY amongst minorities.
This is not some Struggle Olympics to see who had it hardest in the US, because we all know the answer to that.

However, all minorities faced some form of backlash, attacks, prejudice upon coming to America. May it be Blacks, Asians, Hispanics, Etc.
And instead of trying to fight amongst ourselves out of ignorance, we should find commonalities and work together to eliminate prejudice and leave our next generation with a better future.
Aspiring to better oneself or one's race in the present society should never be looked upon as "model minority" or "wanting to be white".
A lot of Asian Americans came to America to seek a better life for themselves and their family, and if achieving higher education, better careers, or simply abiding to the law of the land, is deemed "model minority" tactics, well then I don't know what I can tell you to change your mind.

Last edited:
Stayed up till 4am watching the world of married...

it’s really good... if you like divorce dramas I recommend watching “my wife’s having an affair”

this might sting you if you’re a guy though lol

Back
Top Bottom