Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Chillin in the yard with my family today

20200531_133754.jpg

Things like this being put all over social media are really opening the eyes of people throughout Asia. Instead of believing whitewashed media that only portrays black people as criminals, now more people are finally seeing the other side. My phone has been blowing up with messages from my friends in Asia ; they keep asking “why are the police like this all of a sudden? Why are they treating black people like terrorists?”

One of my Indonesian friends has been shocked by this whole thing. If a person from a country with corrupt government and police thinks you’re bad, imagine how bad you really must be
E680A03F-4F4D-4744-869B-1FECFCD75E1F.jpeg

EAB500EA-9360-41A8-A680-523F78FD3689.jpeg

Majority of my cousins are on George Floyd's side and been posting stuff on insta

The group of cousins who are pro trump have been strangely silent...

Telling about where trump fans loyalty lie

I have older family members that are condemning the protests and rioting. I dont think anything I can say will change their minds but I know that I must carry my own morals and ideals to my future kids and make sure they know why these things happen.

Its pretty sad because they're putting the focus on the material things. It's about the very basic human right to live in a fair and free country where we can all be comfortable in any shade of skin we have.

A long time ago. My family accidentally tripped the burglary alarm in our own house.

The police knocked on the door. Asked us questions, we answered them, and they kept it moving.

If we were black, who knows what would've happened...they might've assumed we were intruders and barged in smh

I've heard of instances of black ppl being treated like burglars inside of their own home smh

Back
Top Bottom