Asian Culture Discussion Thread

I've definitely had takeout from Thai restaurants before...

But since a nters post, I'm wondering if it's authentic Thai food or a Laotian restaurant advertising as Thai 🤔

I'ma find the link to the Thai restaurant I order from most. You guys check out the menu and tell me if it's authentic Thai food or not. You guys are the experts.
Screenshot_20200531-160405_Chrome.jpg

I'm not sure why I can't post a link right now

Last edited:
I'ma find the link to the Thai restaurant I order from most. You guys check out the menu and tell me if it's authentic Thai food or not. You guys are the experts.
I'm just playing with you my guy.
Tbh a lot of Thai restaurants are watered down and catered to American palates. Just like with Chinese food with Chinese American. A lot of Thai food here are Thai American.

If they dont offer garnishes to you at the table like chilies in vinegar, chilies in fish sauce, chili flakes, peanuts or sugar it's most likely they aren't that authentic. Also I judge a place on their fried rice a lone. Thai fried rice is different than Chinese fried rice and if they cant get it right I question the entire menu.

529D796A-6354-4583-A4EA-BF9BD94EE86A.jpeg

lunch

The placement of the pickled veggies is just disrespectful tbh :lol:
That’s from your favorite spot Sing Sing? My go to spot in Oakland been closed the past month. A decent Banh Mi will hit the spot now.

I'm just playing with you my guy.
Tbh a lot of Thai restaurants are watered down and catered to American palates. Just like with Chinese food with Chinese American. A lot of Thai food here are Thai American.

If they dont offer garnishes to you at the table like chilies in vinegar, chilies in fish sauce, chili flakes, peanuts or sugar it's most likely they aren't that authentic. Also I judge a place on their fried rice a lone. Thai fried rice is different than Chinese fried rice and if they cant get it right I question the entire menu.
Ah I see.

I've never had chilis in vinegar or fish sauce. But tbh I stay away from that.

There's so much vinegar in filipino food...still stay away from vinegar

Ppl question if I'm really filipino lmao

Ah I see.

I've never had chilis in vinegar or fish sauce. But tbh I stay away from that.

There's so much vinegar in filipino food...

Ppl question if I'm really filipino lmao
I don’t blame them :lol: Haha again I’m jk...kinda.

Maybe I am not filipino and I'm trolling you guys right now 🤔
Oh this exact thought has crossed everybody’s minds already.

I do recall you posting a pic of yourself from either a bulls or Knicks game broadcast a couple years ago though...unless you been playing the long con all this time :emoji_cold_sweat:

If you wanna get technical, I'm 66 percent filipino, 12. 5percent spanish, 12.5 percent Chinese. If I did the math right.

Culturally my family on both sides identify as filipino. Never met my great grandparents.

Lols so I guess that makes me 87.5 percent Asian?

If I did the math wrong forgive me. I'm on my third bottle of soju

Last edited:
If you wanna get technical, I'm 66 percent filipino, 12. 5percent spanish, 12.5 percent Chinese. If I did the math right.

Culturally my family on both sides identify as filipino. Never met my great grandparents.

Lols so I guess that makes me 87.5 percent Asian?

If I did the math wrong forgive me. I'm on my third bottle of soju
The inability to do math is a sure sign that youre not Asian. :smh: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom