Asian Culture Discussion Thread

IMG_2186.png.jpeg

ASIAN EXCELLENCE ON FULL DISPLAY

He gonna attack you for “calling him bias”
He's more than welcome to come join in the watch party at 12AM EST tomorrow night.

See some Asian Empresses.

The Asian community is a very inclusive group. We love that other races are enjoying our music, our foods, our animes, our video games, and our movies. Let that excellence spread. :emoji_heart_eyes:

Last edited:

Asian Americans are buying guns in record numbers. What's caused this surge?​

:emoji_heart_eyes: :emoji_heart_eyes: :emoji_heart_eyes:

I couldnt find any stats on security hiring, camera sales, and new insurance claims though. 😭

Last edited:
Recently heard about constance wu saying she tried to kill herself because of hate on twitter years back. her tweets were dumb and disrespectful to the show that made her well known but twitter haters are crazy. Other Asian actresses were even dm'ing her mean stuff.

My guy moe200069 moe200069 say whats needs to be said.

You're easily one of my top 5 favorite nt'ers (even though i despise your football squad 😂)

You're usually pretty level headed and understanding of current affairs. I appreciate the fact that you're letting be known whats really going on in terms of violence and murders within our community. Shout out to computersputin computersputin also.

Sadly at the end of the day, like I've said numerous time before, nobody gives a **** about us.

Keep this thread trending and alive, it makes THEM hella nervous that this topic stays on the first page.

it's all love, family. anyone could go back through the history of this thread and see that folks have disagreed with each other over a multitude of reasons but at the end of the day, this is a thread about the Asian community. This includes talking about forms of community protection and the justifications for it.

Asian folks have been attacked and murdered since their initial arrival to the US as miners and farmers (someone should look up what happened to Asians in Antioch, CA), and yet some NT members want to play dumb and have some historical amnesia, as if Asian folks are unwarranted for even considering strapping up. The treatment and robbery of Asian-owned businesses is ****ing disturbing and absolutely racially-motivated —it's not accident that so many of the perpetrators are saying racial slurs at victims. Those business owners protecting their businesses is inextricably linked to protecting their family's livelihood and existence. And of course, it should go without saying that human life >>>>>>>>property, no one is arguing that anyone should die over a bag of chips.

In any case, I'm tired of engaging with homie who continues to be dense and ask rhetorical questions. Stay safe folks and keep your head on a swivel.

Haven't had kfc in years, need to try again. I remember they had good spicy wings. Their regular fried chicken seemed like it needed to be fried longer, both extra crispy and original recipe.

KFC extra crispy spicy recipe dark meat + white rice + sriracha... no utensils just straight hands. could easily eat that the rest of my life and never complain. that's the holy trinity.

In the hopes of getting this thread back on track, I'd like to make a couple of quick points:

While we have no means of verifying anyone's racial or ethnic background, and anyone is free to participate in this discussion, it ought to go without saying that this thread should center pan-Asian experiences. It should not be sidetracked by those whose primary purpose here is to antagonize the very people by and for whom it was created.

As I've repeatedly made clear, threads like this one, and our forums as a whole, should serve as sanctuaries from racism – not sanctuaries for racism. It's not okay if someone is posting racist, sexist, heterosexist, or otherwise hateful content in any thread. Anyone has the right - if not the moral obligation - to call that out.

A couple of regulars in this thread have previously received warnings for trolling the "thread about race," and have committed actionable rule violations in this thread by republishing anti-Black content from other social media platforms, such as a post from "Asian Dawn" that compared a Black person to a monkey. That the primary purpose of this content was to draw attention to a potential anti-Asian hate crime does not negate the impact of this content - nor obligate those offended to remain silent.

It is not "trolling" to object to offensive content, wherever it may occur. Those who post or promote racist content must be held accountable.

However, Kinfolk has not limited himself to this and his approach bears the characteristics of both concern trolling and tone policing. To pop up here only to claim that people are mishandling the violence against them is analogous to breathless Fox News rants about how Black Americans are "protesting wrong," - expressing unlimited concern for kneeling during the national anthem or blocking traffic and no regard whatsoever for the lynchings and police brutality that have necessitated public protests in the first place.

Instead of reporting offensive materialor confining his criticism to specific attitudes or statements he considers harmful, he has instead chosen to repeatedly dredge up personal grievances with other community members, which, in at least one instance, had nothing to do with the substance of this discussion.

Due to their respective rule violations, computersputin and Kinfolk have both received suspensions from this discussion, which I hope can remain both respectful and relevant moving forward.

Back to the positive. Tebby and ALD dope for this:

seems like a dope non-profit, glad to see asian youth out there getting some mentorship/support. some pretty jarring stats from their website. 13% of NY's population but receive less than 1% gov funding for programs and initiatives?:smh::smh:
Screen Shot 2022-08-20 at 2.53.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-20 at 2.53.23 PM.png

i've always wondered what the As Am community in NY looks like and how they get down

Back
Top Bottom