Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Santo Nino statue.

I prayed to Santo Nino and I don't even know what he/she did to this day.

which one of y'all had the giant wooden fork and spoon on the wall tho? :nerd: :lol:

Guilty. Still.

We also have a tupperware container set that looks like this

closedicecream.JPG

and a sewing kit that we keep in here

0007733053005_500X500.jpg

Guilty. Still.

We also have a tupperware container set that looks like this

closedicecream.JPG

and a sewing kit that we keep in here

0007733053005_500X500.jpg
I'm still wondering how EVERY mom always had this Royal Dansk container. Not even a different brand or anything; it was only this specific one :lol: Was it a status symbol or some @#$@ back then? I don't even recall eating the cookies; I think my mom just bought this and threw the cookies out :lol:

Mom kept the Royal Dansk cookie bin filled screws and nails in my house. She probably would have kept sewing stuff in there if she didn't own her own dry cleaning and sewing business.

I got one as a gift filled with the actual cookies while I was working at a movie theater in college. My Filipino manager gave me one and I first thought it was going to be something else inside. I eventually used it to throw my loose change in there.

Grass jelly is alright, but not my go to. If the boba place offers bits of fruit I'll order that instead. A lot of times I won't even order toppings to go in my milk tea.

*shrugs*

I used to work in a boba cafe in college. Tapioca is meh. I refuse to have it in my drink.

Santo Nino statue.

I prayed to Santo Nino and I don't even know what he/she did to this day.
He didn't do anything, he's just the child Jesus dressed in rich Spanish garments. He was originally given as a gift to the Philippines by Magellan when his wife arrived. He's been seen as a good luck harm ever since.

Makes sense why Filipinos see him as some savior or good luck, most Filipinos I know (including my family) are consumed with buying expensive material.

I'm ROLLING at the Royal Dansk cookie tin with the sewing kits inside. :rofl:g

I joined a general one, but not a social sorority. I just don't fit into a crowd of women like that. I joined a co-ed business fraternity. Best decision ever! The network is vast and definitely looks great on my resume.

Delta Sigma Pi?!
Haven't heard that in years since graduated way back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom