Asian Culture Discussion Thread

What are the advantages of chopsticks?

I use them because it's fun sometimes.

But if I'm alone I'm using da spoon

Not the entire range, just the drywall behind it.

You ever tried to clean the grease off of walls? It's ****ing impossible smh
Yeah, I do. Mom made me do it!

Then my parents did a kitchen reno with a backsplash and she covered the backsplash with foil.

What are the advantages of chopsticks?

I use them because it's fun sometimes.

But if I'm alone I'm using da spoon

more precision. not sure about others but for Korean dishes, chopsticks work best because you can more easily grab a side dish + the exact amount u want with your rice.

chopsticks are easier than using forks for me. i dont even have to think about it.

Care to share said experiences? :nerd:

-Drew
Ahh, man. I don't even know where to begin.

Seeing Santo Nino wobble when no one was around.
Waking up and seeing Santo Nino and Mother Mary turned from their original position and facing your doorway.
Hearing whispers in the that area where my brother and I played. (Mom put our toy chest in front of the little landing area on the 2nd floor and the statues were there.
Waking up to my little brother running to me saying that the Santo Nino was arguing with him and he got upset.
Smelling roses in only that area when there aren't roses.

IDK why, but I thought by giving a dollar in Santo Nino's little bag thingy, he'd be 'happy'. But no, things happened more and more. So I took my $5 that I deposited to Baby Jesus, back.

My in-laws still have a shrine in their home and always told my wife not let our daughter linger and that hallway. There was an incident last year where she kept babbling on in that area of the house.:smh:

Maybe the house I grew up in, was haunted or there was something evil with those statues, but I was glad my mom gave it up and they were no longer in the home. Felt like a burden was lifted out of the house.

I don't even use the proper technique. I can still pick up sushi so it's good enough for me.

I use a fork

If I could only use 1 utensil for the rest of my life it would be a spoon.

Spoon/fork >> chopsticks

Filipinos dont use those ancient sticks

Reactions: Ube
The way I use chopsticks is incorrect (forms an x), but it works. Been doing it this way forever

I use a fork

If I could only use 1 utensil for the rest of my life it would be a spoon.

Spoon/fork >> chopsticks

Filipinos dont use those ancient sticks

LOL ancient? not sure if you're being sarcastic but maybe if you knew some history you'd have a better understanding. its the fact that the philippines have been colonized and dominated by the west for so long that it changed your culture so dont get it twisted.

When did I bring any of that up lol
Chopsticks are like 6 thousand years old lol that's not ancient?

You eat sashimi or soup dumplings with a fork and spoon?

No but I CAN lol.
I respek the tradition and what not but a spoon and fork are vastly more versatile than 2 sticks.

Everything you can eat with chopsticks you can eat with a fork and spoon.
You COULD say the reverse but some things would be stupid to eat with chopsticks lol

Last edited:
Chopsticks are like 6 thousand years old lol that's not ancient?

No but I CAN lol.
I respek the tradition and what not but a spoon and fork are vastly more versatile than 2 sticks.

Everything you can eat with chopsticks you can eat with a fork and spoon.
You COULD say the reverse but some things would be stupid to eat with chopsticks lol

and the spoon is older than the chopstick, whats your point?

Because you're trying to make it seem like the chopstick is some backward E. Asian utensil thats not "modern" or up to standard with a fork or spoon.

Back
Top Bottom