Asics Love?!? Where is it?

turned my cmyk into this.
Looks awesome dude! I've got the blue pair from the cmyk pack and I was thinking about turning them into some ultramarine GL3's. Could you tell me how you painted/dyed the interior sock liner to cover up the dots? And also what kind of paint did you use for the midsole? Angelus? Sorry for the all the questions.

a lot of collabos have bad quality on it, like it was just made as GR but just a crossover name slapped on it. 

Hey guys, what's a good price for Embers at the moment? I'm thinking about starting the hunt for a pair

Hey guys, what's a good price for Embers at the moment? I'm thinking about starting the hunt for a pair
got mine for 320usd with international shipping(a few weeks ago)..i am guessing you should be able to make a 250deal easily if you live in the states..

"Nippon Blue"

Looks awesome dude! I've got the blue pair from the cmyk pack and I was thinking about turning them into some ultramarine GL3's. Could you tell me how you painted/dyed the interior sock liner to cover up the dots? And also what kind of paint did you use for the midsole? Angelus? Sorry for the all the questions.
thanks man, that blue cmyk makes a great base for that ultramarine.

i used the "tour yellow" angelus paint to cover up the interiors (the print's still noticeable), also painted it on the outside and the midsole. im glad i achieved that tiger yellow shade somehow but i cant get that into the yellow suede, i guess i just leave it like that for now.

good job, looks great.
thanks!

thanks man, that blue cmyk makes a great base for that ultramarine.

i used the "tour yellow" angelus paint to cover up the interiors (the print's still noticeable), also painted it on the outside and the midsole. im glad i achieved that tiger yellow shade somehow but i cant get that into the yellow suede, i guess i just leave it like that for now.

thanks!
Alright good to know. Does painting the interiors make them feel stiff/sticky at all? I'm about to scoop up a angelus starter kit

Nice, good to know. Thank you both @hulksmash4kicks  and @joelom  for all the info. I've tried searching online but there is a lot of info out there so I didn't know what to believe. Def helps to get answers from people who have done it before. 

Nice, good to know. Thank you both @hulksmash4kicks  and @joelom  for all the info. I've tried searching online but there is a lot of info out there so I didn't know what to believe. Def helps to get answers from people who have done it before.
check out the king of sneakers youtube.

girls shares a lot of the basics.

unfortunately, customizing takes a lot of trial and error.

especially since trainers use different materials than youre standard Jordan that she shows.

suede dyes are REALLY only for suede. Leather is REALLY only for leather, but can be used on fabric.

you cant mix leather and suede dye.

you can mix leather dye. (obvi)

Black leather dye has an iridescent sheen (like a sharpie)

leather paint brushed on is great on midsoles and uppers with the leathers that are smooth. but ideally you want to use an airbrush. (use light coats)

if using an air brush you need to get 2 thin to thin it out.

always make more paint that you need. (didn't make enough dark grey for my super green GLVs.)

check out the king of sneakers youtube.

girls shares a lot of the basics.

unfortunately, customizing takes a lot of trial and error.

especially since trainers use different materials than youre standard Jordan that she shows.

suede dyes are REALLY only for suede. Leather is REALLY only for leather, but can be used on fabric.

you cant mix leather and suede dye.

you can mix leather dye. (obvi)

Black leather dye has an iridescent sheen (like a sharpie)

leather paint brushed on is great on midsoles and uppers with the leathers that are smooth. but ideally you want to use an airbrush. (use light coats)

if using an air brush you need to get 2 thin to thin it out.

always make more paint that you need. (didn't make enough dark grey for my super green GLVs.)
Would you happen to have any tips on painting the mesh-ish areas on the toe-boxes of GL3's or GLV's. Would the Angelus Acrylic leather paint work, maybe mixed with some 2-thin, and just brushed over?

cant believe i missed the offsprings. Been a busy August...I am assuming the feebay is the only spot to get these except for Bait in store?

Could these be the next ASICS collab from cncpts?
I heard they weren't being released...

I hope they do though.

cant believe i missed the offsprings. Been a busy August...I am assuming the feebay is the only spot to get these except for Bait in store?
nope. other stores are getting them. youll probable see more store dropping info this week.

Back
Top Bottom