Asics Love?!? Where is it?

since we're on the topic of international shipping, what do you guys use to ship?

I've turned down a lot of buyers solely because they were international, just don't want to deal with the hassle, but I guess it's better to know what service is the best. 

^^ I have used USPS because it is the easiest on my pocket.  But as @011781  stated, Fedex is best because of their international shipping cust service and tracking is most detailed and accurate. However, you're paying a premium for it.  The old saying "you get what you pay for" holds true.

Right, thanks for the advice regarding international shipping. I would like to warn ALL posters here about a potential scam. I had an ebay listing of the same item and it was bought via buy it now. I then received an email from ebay saying the purchase had been cancelled. I then contacted the buyer saying if he still wished to buy the item. He said yes and that I had to ship the item to a 'missionary in Nigeria'. He said he had sent my the money on via paypal... Having not received anything, I then looked in my spam email folder and in there there was mock emails of paypal receipts and an ebay email saying the purchase had been reinstated... suspecting something dodgy, I searched the address of the sender of the email and it came up on google warning of Nigerian scams. Thankfully I'm not stupid enough to be caught out by this but I just thought everyone in here would benefit from the knowing of this particular scam.

since we're on the topic of international shipping, what do you guys use to ship?

I've turned down a lot of buyers solely because they were international, just don't want to deal with the hassle, but I guess it's better to know what service is the best. 
If the sale is on eBay, the International Shipping Program is clutch...

All you have to do is ship it the eBay Distribution Center (which is at some airport in like Kentucky) then eBay handles the rest and charges the buyer what ever it is they charge them...

If the deal goes down outside of eBay, I'm taxing for shipping so that it covers the balance of using a more expensive carrier.... USPS be on some "well if it gets there it gets there" **** unless you send Express... the customs forms don't always work as a tracker 

All you have to do is ship it the eBay Distribution Center (which is at some airport in like Kentucky) then eBay handles the rest and charges the buyer what ever it is they charge them...

If the deal goes down outside of eBay, I'm taxing for shipping so that it covers the balance of using a more expensive carrier.... USPS be on some "well if it gets there it gets there" **** unless you send Express... the customs forms don't always work as a tracker 
Im glad you brought up the Intl shipping program.  I have a question about it if you don't mind...So the listing you have as a seller does not charge the buyer shipping on your behalf, correct?  The buyer would have to pay eBay or whoever in a separate transaction.  In turn, you're paying for the shipping costs to Kentucky out of your own pocket or the sale, not out of the shipping costs you charge the buyer because there isn't an actual international shipping cost listed on the listing...Is that right?

Im glad you brought up the Intl shipping program.  I have a question about it if you don't mind...So the listing you have as a seller does not charge the buyer shipping on your behalf, correct?  The buyer would have to pay eBay or whoever in a separate transaction.  In turn, you're paying for the shipping costs to Kentucky out of your own pocket or the sale, not out of the shipping costs you charge the buyer because there isn't an actual international shipping cost listed on the listing...Is that right?
99% sure that's accurate ... 

I always list my items BIN w/ free shipping and just add $10 to my BIN price -- makes the listing look better when the buyer sees "FREE" lol 

in that case, eBay adds their shipping price on top of my sale ... I get my money and eBay takes theirs (without me ever knowing how much they charged the person) ... I then pay out of pocket to ship to Kentucky as I would with any other domestic sale .... 

in the case of me charging for shipping, I'm not exactly sure how eBay does it.... I assume the buyer may just end up paying for both legs of the shipping 

I always list my items BIN w/ free shipping and just add $10 to my BIN price -- makes the listing look better when the buyer sees "FREE" lol 

in that case, eBay adds their shipping price on top of my sale ... I get my money and eBay takes theirs (without me ever knowing how much they charged the person) ... I then pay out of pocket to ship to Kentucky as I would with any other domestic sale .... 

in the case of me charging for shipping, I'm not exactly sure how eBay does it.... I assume the buyer may just end up paying for both legs of the shipping 
Thanks. 

If the sale is on eBay, the International Shipping Program is clutch...

I can cosign this 100%. Ive always sold international and never had any problems (cause i only ship to confirmed addresses and to buyers with good history), but this program makes it so much easier, and takes the guesswork of what carrier to use, what to put on customs forms, etc.  out of the equation. 

Originally Posted by w3atherman  

Blends releasing their pairs today. Unsure on the other locations. FCFS=First come first serve

Thanks for the heads up, was able to cop at Blends in store

Last edited:
The collab market is SO saturated
laugh.gif
So true. I remember when collabs were special. Now there's one every week and 9 out of 10 are crap quality.

Stock laces on the ofsprings are eh, will probably end up doing something similar.

this is the first pic i've seen of these and liked them... and it's all cuz of them ropes... they help them out a lot (light blue flats prolly would too)...

still gonna pass tho.

Last edited:
hmmm. they also got the offwhite V's for 70, Packer X Kayanos pt 2 for 90....

VERY TEMPTING. 
I agree. I wld def grab the Brazils if they had my size. the offwhite ones look real tempting too though. Anyone know if they come with extra laces? If so what color?

I accidentally bought two pairs of those off white ones, for $65 when Packer had 'em on sale. They are good looking GR, I don't recall them coming with extra set of laces though.

BTW your gif/avatar is pretty trippy! Cool!

finally got them in the mail after 2weeks of usps delay. the seller shipped them wrap in a black plastic bag covering the box. the asics box got all messed up in the shipping process

Back
Top Bottom