Asics Love?!? Where is it?

:rofl: $1500 a pair, people are straight up stupid. i will never understand sellers that post up shoes for 50, 60 even 70% over their going rate. there can be two explanations: ONE they are waiting for a clueless small time celebrity to be bit by a hype bug and have to have it right away(a set off circumstances that most likely will never happen) or TWO they are not really trying to sell them and just want the attention of someone chasing what they have...

funny u mention that. as i sat on my couch dreaming of winning the powerball last night i thought that i would go to flightclub and ebay to get every sneaker i ever wanted no matter what the price. so yeh, it's gotta be for people where money isn't a question. i wonder how often it works out.

i go into the completed listings section of ebay to see what a sneaker has gone for and a lot of the time i see ridiculous prices. i'm skeptical about it tho. i'm thinking they get someone they know to do the ridiculous buy it now price then just open a case to say that the buyer and seller have mutually agreed to not proceed with the sale. that way they get suckers to believe the sneaker is really going for that price while not incurring the ebay fee. i could be completely full of ish tho, but that's my theory.

As for overpricing I also assume that those sellers aren't really selling on ebay they're just drawing offers that will be negotiated outside of ebay to settle the fees. But maybe that's just my false presumption?

^ yes i believe thats what they are doing as well but personally im not gonna even bother to make an offer to someone whos pricing is THAT far off. at least keep it within reason if you are just fishing for offers (15-20% above average price).

you dont catch i fish by holding the bait ten feet out of the water...

^ yes i believe thats what they are doing as well but personally im not gonna even bother to make an offer to someone whos pricing is THAT far off. at least keep it within reason if you are just fishing for offers (15-20% above average price).
you dont catch i fish by holding the bait ten feet out of the water...

I agree. i don't even make an offer to someone asking 50%+ over the going rate

it is a FACT that the do that.

As a person who also collects High End basketball cards, it's a daily occurrence on ebay. Friends buy friends cards on ebay then cancel the transaction later so that they can trade or sell outside of ebay and get the value that they want during the transaction. Which is why I tend to really only look at sold completed listings at auction format only... but there's plenty of corruption going on there as well. In the end you just have to watch it over a period of time to gauge what the shoe sells for. The more data you have the better indicator it is to find an "average" price.

Last edited:
About to buy a pair of Ronnie Fieg Neptunes, I've looked through this thread but just wondering what everybody's opinion was on the shoe? What I mean is the people who have them, how are they? Quality? Comfort? Sizing? 

Thanks. 

^ the leather and colors are fantastic in person. A lot of people had issues with excess glue between the midsole and upper. I think sagas are very comfortable. Also sizing for me is opposite from gl3s, I feel they run at least a half size big and are wider than the lytes. Good luck!

Pretty much said it all right here. If your between two sizes take the smaller of the two. They are def wider than GL3s. And a lot of the pairs are imperfect as far as glue stains and other quality control but I love mine. Not a shade of blue you see often on a sneaker.

Last edited:
Thanks guy. I'm going to get my regular size though, even though you say they are wide. I have extremely wide feet, so usually when people say that about a shoe, it doesn't apply to my feet. Ha.

People said the new Questions were half big, but for me I had to go up half size. So I'm just going to stick with my normal, 8.5. I wear that in Jordans and New Balances. 

Ya if you have wide feet then you should be good. Worse comes to worse just throw in a pair of force fields, that's what I do..

Yeah, I'll just wear some thicker socks. If they are big on everybody else, they will probably be perfect on me. 

:D

Back
Top Bottom