Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Every time I see those copperheads my love for them begins to grow, think I might have to end up getting a pair soon. Especially with all the positive comments everyone has had for them on here

How do the GR GLV's width compare to The GR GL3's ?

Are they about the same in terms of width and tightness on the foot ?

please don't respond "half a size up on both"

Got a really quick email response from someone named Jason at Extra Butter about the Sidewinders and Snakecharmers. They said since there haven't been many collabs yet on the GT Cool and Gel Lyte 5 that Asics doesn't have molds available for them past size 12. He said Extra Butter ordered a size 13 in both shoes, but did not receive it in either model.

They sound very frustrated with Asics saying they don't have a mold for collabs in size 13 when they do have a mold for GR GT Cools and Gel Lyte 5s in size 13.Only thing I can think is maybe they are made in a different factory or to different specs?
Still sounds like crap to me from Asics since the California Mountain Snake was the first ever collab on the Gel Epirus and that was available in size 13, so why wouldn't the GT Cool and Gel Lyte 5 be?

He also said 2 employees there wear a size 13 and they have just been wearing the size 12 with the insoles removed in the Sidewinder. That sounds extra uncomfortable to me, but i'll try it when the size 12 I ordered gets here.

He also said 2 employees there wear a size 13 and they have just been wearing the size 12 with the insoles removed in the Sidewinder. That sounds extra uncomfortable to me, but i'll try it when the size 12 I ordered gets here.

This made me almost spit out my drink

Got a really quick email response from someone named Jason at Extra Butter about the Sidewinders and Snakecharmers. They said since there haven't been many collabs yet on the GT Cool and Gel Lyte 5 that Asics doesn't have molds available for them past size 12. He said Extra Butter ordered a size 13 in both shoes, but did not receive it in either model.

They sound very frustrated with Asics saying they don't have a mold for collabs in size 13 when they do have a mold for GR GT Cools and Gel Lyte 5s in size 13.Only thing I can think is maybe they are made in a different factory or to different specs?
Still sounds like crap to me from Asics since the California Mountain Snake was the first ever collab on the Gel Epirus and that was available in size 13, so why wouldn't the GT Cool and Gel Lyte 5 be?

Jason's one of the owners of EB. He knows what he's talking about. 

the last EXTRA BUTTER Asics in the DL5 line

I heard 48 should be fine but I think the current flat laces on them are around 52
thanks man. idk which length yet tho, gonna wait for a bit more feedback. i don't want the laces to end up being too long so that theres big loops for the bowtie. im a size 9.5 if that helps.

thanks man. idk which length yet tho, gonna wait for a bit more feedback. i don't want the laces to end up being too long so that theres big loops for the bowtie. im a size 9.5 if that helps.
Take the laces that came with the shoes out, measure them, then buy that size.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom