Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Today

So why don't people like the Respector? I looked at the GLV and Respector and to me the GLV looks sleeker, narrower a bit. 

What do you guys think?

So why don't people like the Respector? I looked at the GLV and Respector and to me the GLV looks sleeker, narrower a bit. 

What do you guys think?
I don't get it either.

If you're going to compare, I think the GLV is a different animal.

If anything I feel it's similar to the GL3, even sharing the same/similar outsole? Maybe it's like a True Flight type situation, I don't know. But I'm new to Asics so I don't see it.

But I've noticed my tastes don't follow what's popular here lots of times, so I don't sweat it. (for example the latest must-cop Trico does nothing for me)

I don't get it either.

If you're going to compare, I think the GLV is a different animal.

If anything I feel it's similar to the GL3, even sharing the same/similar outsole? Maybe it's like a True Flight type situation, I don't know. But I'm new to Asics so I don't see it.

But I've noticed my tastes don't follow what's popular here lots of times, so I don't sweat it. (for example the latest must-cop Trico does nothing for me)
I know. I just looked at the Sand Layer GLV vs. Respector Coca and the latter ones look sleeker for some reason. The sillouhette seems to be more appealing, especially if you have a long and wide feet. Size 13. 

Or maybe it's just me. 

I personally really like the Gel Respector. I think part of the reason it hasn't gotten much love is because no collaborator has come through and killed it yet, and created an iconic pair.
The GL3 has been collaboratorated on probably 100x as of right now, the GLV a few dozen times and even the GTII, Saga, and GLSpeed have some highly sought after pairs.

I've only seen 4 Respector collabs so far, all of which are less than desirable to me. The best CW I've seen is the Blk/wht with pink accents GR.

I'm sure alot of the haters will suddenly love the Respector if Ronnie Fieg touches it.

Last edited:
I personally really like the Gel Respector. I think part of the reason it hasn't gotten much love is because no collaborator has come through and killed it yet, and created an iconic pair.
The GL3 has been collaboratorated on probably 100x as of right now, the GLV a few dozen times and even the GTII, Saga, and GLSpeed have some highly sought after pairs.

I've only seen 4 Respector collabs so far, all of which are less than desirable to me. The best CW I've seen is the Blk/wht with pink accents.

I'm sure alot of the haters will suddenly love the Respector if Ronnie Fieg touches it.
I have the Coca by Concepts which looks good, but just not sure how much wear I'll get out of them. But I do like their shape, just slightly sleeker than GLV. The GL3 looks weird on my size 13 :smile: 

I just got the Trico in size 13, curious how they fit, even though I wanted the 12s. 

i couldn't take it anymore, i got taxed on ebay for some GLV tricos, those shoes are amazing, i needed them..... $280

Back
Top Bottom