Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Is there a ranking for comfort of the Asics Tiger line? Or what people usually say are the most comfortable models?

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=40396145&category=SEARCH+RESULTS

Damn those look nice. 9.5 sold out

Hikeshi Hantens still available at Undefeated Silver Lake in Los Angeles. Finally got a pair and instantly swapped them with the candy cane laces. 10.5 is my true size but had to go .5 up like ya'll said. It's been a nice day indeed.

Last edited:

Is there a ranking for comfort of the Asics Tiger line? Or what people usually say are the most comfortable models?
I find the GLV to be the most comfortable Asics model. It has the most thickly cushioned midsole and the upper is just as comfortable.

Passed by Toms Restaurant around 8am getting out of work, about 5 people on the line. Was tempted to get on but I really don't like GLV especially in this color.

Man I wish I was up there. I love the show and I think it's a cool story. Always wanted to go there and thought it would be cool to see the diner

GLV for sure. The GLIII looks nice but it wears like a brick. The GLV is one of the more comfortable shoes I own. Go up ,5 and enjoy walking on a cloud.

I think that shift has already come and gone.
Runners in general were huge like 14-15 just before adidas/boost really started blowing up.
2016 was kind of a terrible year for asics other than some big collabs like salmon toes.
I don't think you guys have anything to worry about.

Am I the only one that doesn't .5 up and stays TTS on GLV some of y'all make me think Im buying the wrong size lol.
If you have a skinny foot, you're probably doing the right thing. I go .5 up just bc of the sock liner. I can wear tts but the opening across my foot between the laces looks wide af. Going up .5 gives a little more width and my foot doesn't look super wide.

You can see it here. Beige is tts and grey is up .5. See how the beige laces holes are on the side of my foot so the top of my foot looks huge? The grey one wraps more around my foot. It's not a huge difference and I can definitely wear tts but I prefer up .5.

You guys got me wondering if .5 will be enough lol. I may need to find somewhere with these so I can try them on. I don't want to feel/like my foot is stuffed into a small package.....a sausage haha

Last edited:
You can see it here. Beige is tts and grey is up .5. See how the beige laces holes are on the side of my foot so the top of my foot looks huge? The grey one wraps more around my foot. It's not a huge difference and I can definitely wear tts but I prefer up .5.

Maybe I'm not seeing something, but it doesn't look much different to me. I noticed that you laced both of them differently, in-out vs out-in, so that might be the reason you think they're different. I can't even fit my foot in the shoe if it's tts lol

If you have a skinny foot, you're probably doing the right thing. I go .5 up just bc of the sock liner. I can wear tts but the opening across my foot between the laces looks wide af. Going up .5 gives a little more width and my foot doesn't look super wide.

Repped, thanks.

I find the GLV to be the most comfortable Asics model. It has the most thickly cushioned midsole and the upper is just as comfortable.

GLV for sure. The GLIII looks nice but it wears like a brick. The GLV is one of the more comfortable shoes I own. Go up ,5 and enjoy walking on a cloud.

Word, GLV's are more comfortable than ultra boosts to me. Wonder if the mainstream hype will ever shift toward the GLV, like it did for Adidas.
Big thanks guys. Yeah I like my GLIIIs but after a full day wearing them I can definitely tell the soles are a bit firm. The other drawback is while the split tongue is comfortable it also lets in dirt and sand. 

Maybe I'm not seeing something, but it doesn't look much different to me. I noticed that you laced both of them differently, in-out vs out-in, so that might be the reason you think they're different. I can't even fit my foot in the shoe if it's tts lol
The different is small but it's there. Trust me!

So, by a few posts it seems the Gel Lyte 3 is uncomfortable. I noticed Finishline has a sale of them going on right now for super cheap and I'm debating picking up a pair. One pair really caught my eye, and if they are uncomfortable I will need to probably grab another insole....

So, by a few posts it seems the Gel Lyte 3 is uncomfortable. I noticed Finishline has a sale of them going on right now for super cheap and I'm debating picking up a pair. One pair really caught my eye, and if they are uncomfortable I will need to probably grab another insole....
GLIII aren't uncomfortable just not as comfortable as GLV. Post a link to the ones your thinking about. If they are the super cheap plastic ones they will be really uncomfortable. GLIII's at a higher price point are more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom