Ask a Jehovah's Witness Vol. Who's that at my door?

Master Zik wrote:

If by omnipotent you mean all powerful and having the ability to know all things then yes.  But just because he has the power to know the future doesn't mean he always chooses to use it.  For example, just because someone is strong doesn't make them inclined to lift every heavy object in sight.  Being able to to know the future doesn't obligate or compel him to always use it.  He uses it selectively and in a discretionary way.

And yes, the perfect beings chose to reject Jehovah's way and follow Satan. But to be clear, when we say they were perfect we're not saying they were incapable of doing wrong, but that they were fully equipped for life.  (Had perfect health, mind, bodies etc)  They still had free will though.

Master Zik wrote:

If by omnipotent you mean all powerful and having the ability to know all things then yes.  But just because he has the power to know the future doesn't mean he always chooses to use it.  For example, just because someone is strong doesn't make them inclined to lift every heavy object in sight.  Being able to to know the future doesn't obligate or compel him to always use it.  He uses it selectively and in a discretionary way.

And yes, the perfect beings chose to reject Jehovah's way and follow Satan. But to be clear, when we say they were perfect we're not saying they were incapable of doing wrong, but that they were fully equipped for life.  (Had perfect health, mind, bodies etc)  They still had free will though.

Originally Posted by 757bred

Master Zik wrote:

I meant to say omniscient not omnipotent. My mistake. In that he already has the information once the question has been pondered. Knowing everything that can be known about everyone and everything. But if it's actually your belief that GOD picks and chooses what he wants to know, okay.

The comparison was a bad one since we're talking about human lives in regards to GOD and not just picking up heavy things. The notion that a strong person chooses not to lift every heavy object in sight is a finite suppostiton, the person isn't infinitely strong. They would have to ask themselves first "Can I lift _____?" and then reason whether knowing that answer is worth knowing. GOD knows he's right and that it's the only right way. A strong  person doesn't have the assurance that they can or can't lift every heavy object. GOD does.

But if what you say is true and GOD purposely deprives himself of answers he has access of knowing I'd say this is a pretty sick game.
And yes, the perfect beings chose to reject Jehovah's way and follow Satan. But to be clear, when we say they were perfect we're not saying they were incapable of doing wrong, but that they were fully equipped for life.  (Had perfect health, mind, bodies etc)  They still had free will though

Oh I had the wrong idea of perfect and was under the assumption that religious ppl believed only GOD was a truly perfect being and if GOD were to create a perfect being it wouldn't even be a question on what the right way would be even if they had free will.

Originally Posted by 757bred

Master Zik wrote:

I meant to say omniscient not omnipotent. My mistake. In that he already has the information once the question has been pondered. Knowing everything that can be known about everyone and everything. But if it's actually your belief that GOD picks and chooses what he wants to know, okay.

The comparison was a bad one since we're talking about human lives in regards to GOD and not just picking up heavy things. The notion that a strong person chooses not to lift every heavy object in sight is a finite suppostiton, the person isn't infinitely strong. They would have to ask themselves first "Can I lift _____?" and then reason whether knowing that answer is worth knowing. GOD knows he's right and that it's the only right way. A strong  person doesn't have the assurance that they can or can't lift every heavy object. GOD does.

But if what you say is true and GOD purposely deprives himself of answers he has access of knowing I'd say this is a pretty sick game.
And yes, the perfect beings chose to reject Jehovah's way and follow Satan. But to be clear, when we say they were perfect we're not saying they were incapable of doing wrong, but that they were fully equipped for life.  (Had perfect health, mind, bodies etc)  They still had free will though

Oh I had the wrong idea of perfect and was under the assumption that religious ppl believed only GOD was a truly perfect being and if GOD were to create a perfect being it wouldn't even be a question on what the right way would be even if they had free will.

Back
Top Bottom