At a car dealership right now. Am I getting a good deal? Help me out

I'm looking at this 2008 red Volkswagen GTI with like 36k miles. They're asking $15900. Am I getting as good of a deal as it seems? Any haggling advice/tips?

I'm looking at this 2008 red Volkswagen GTI with like 36k miles. They're asking $15900. Am I getting as good of a deal as it seems? Any haggling advice/tips?

It appears so.  Next time, go on KBB.com.

If you're paying with cash, I would highly suggest that you ask them to include tax and title fees in that price as well.  Otherwise, walk away and see if they chase you.

http://www.kbb.com/used-c...98&equipment=2148730|true|2148728|true|2148728|true|2148727|true|2148729|true&condition=excellent&mileage=36000

It appears so.  Next time, go on KBB.com.

If you're paying with cash, I would highly suggest that you ask them to include tax and title fees in that price as well.  Otherwise, walk away and see if they chase you.

http://www.kbb.com/used-c...98&equipment=2148730|true|2148728|true|2148728|true|2148727|true|2148729|true&condition=excellent&mileage=36000

Biggest pointer: Nothing you discuss with the salesman matters- It's only when you're in the business office with the person checking your credit and actually doing the numbers does anything matter. The salesman is there to test the waters and see if you will take anything they give you. Be firm. Know what you want your monthly payment to be and if they can't do it, just walk. You'll see that somehow some way it always becomes possible. Don't believe the crap about your credit score either. They'll say that your credit score only allows them to x y and z for you. I mean it does matter to some degree but if its decent you can pretty much get anything you want. Good Luck.

Biggest pointer: Nothing you discuss with the salesman matters- It's only when you're in the business office with the person checking your credit and actually doing the numbers does anything matter. The salesman is there to test the waters and see if you will take anything they give you. Be firm. Know what you want your monthly payment to be and if they can't do it, just walk. You'll see that somehow some way it always becomes possible. Don't believe the crap about your credit score either. They'll say that your credit score only allows them to x y and z for you. I mean it does matter to some degree but if its decent you can pretty much get anything you want. Good Luck.

Originally Posted by acp7399

Everything said here is on point, and especially the part about the business office. They will definitely put the pressure on you in there and try to make you buy all kinds of packages that you may not want, and if they do you have to MAKE SURE you tell them that you dont want anything but the car if you dont need anything else. You have to be completely confident in every move you make or they'll find that weak spot and exploit it, I promise. They'll know that you dont know what you're doing and get over on you one way or another. I learned from my first time buying, and it will never happen again.

Originally Posted by acp7399

Everything said here is on point, and especially the part about the business office. They will definitely put the pressure on you in there and try to make you buy all kinds of packages that you may not want, and if they do you have to MAKE SURE you tell them that you dont want anything but the car if you dont need anything else. You have to be completely confident in every move you make or they'll find that weak spot and exploit it, I promise. They'll know that you dont know what you're doing and get over on you one way or another. I learned from my first time buying, and it will never happen again.

smh @ saying the salesman doesnt matter. i used to sell cars, the salesman does matter. They are the ones that make a deal happen. The Finance manager aka the Business Office is there to negotiate interest rates and terms/ down payment. The price of the car is done by the salesman working with the sales manager. Never take the first price offer they present you, always ask for cheaper (like ask them to knock 1000 off the price) you can ask for T&T&T to be included, but chances are they wont do it on used cars.

smh @ saying the salesman doesnt matter. i used to sell cars, the salesman does matter. They are the ones that make a deal happen. The Finance manager aka the Business Office is there to negotiate interest rates and terms/ down payment. The price of the car is done by the salesman working with the sales manager. Never take the first price offer they present you, always ask for cheaper (like ask them to knock 1000 off the price) you can ask for T&T&T to be included, but chances are they wont do it on used cars.

ask for 14k....they'll do it....

Just act like you're leaving....I bet they'll sit you down and reevaluate

Vdub
pimp.gif
welcome to the family
pimp.gif

So I'm done with the sales guy and now it's on to the finance manager. I got him to do 16k after tt&l. We'll see what the finance manager throwa at me.

So I'm done with the sales guy and now it's on to the finance manager. I got him to do 16k after tt&l. We'll see what the finance manager throwa at me.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

this doesn't happen as much as people think...the dealerships are ready to make u walk if you lowball them too much

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

this doesn't happen as much as people think...the dealerships are ready to make u walk if you lowball them too much

No dealership will reduce the price 2k on a used car, dealer's profits on used car is on average 3k subtract inspection fees, servicing and detailing.
Ask for included tax and title fee's they are $900 at the dealer I work at.

Back
Top Bottom