At a car dealership right now. Am I getting a good deal? Help me out

No dealership will reduce the price 2k on a used car, dealer's profits on used car is on average 3k subtract inspection fees, servicing and detailing.
Ask for included tax and title fee's they are $900 at the dealer I work at.

u need to find the blackbook value on the car, usually lower than blue book. i don't believe its on the web. i got the info from a customer before

u need to find the blackbook value on the car, usually lower than blue book. i don't believe its on the web. i got the info from a customer before

As a car salesman, check NADA.com and see what the banks will loan on the car. Second, compare that with the KBB. KBB is usually what we use to make the MOST from a used car sales.. and everyone knows, used car sales is where the good money is, outside of imports.

Do NOT ask to include sales tax in because that is another way for them to possibly bump the numbers on you. If you do ask for it, make sure you know what the sales tax in your area is and have them cut you a check for it.

As for what was said earlier, a used car dealer will reduce the price 2K if they have a 3-4K or more markup.

The thing you need to do is to tell them that you've been shopping and that you're looking to buy a car ASAP, but will not go back and forth on prices. Tell them to shoot you one more number and if you like it, you'll take it, if not...leave. If you decide to buy the car, make sure the tires have treads, no cracks in the glass, fluids have been changed... and make sure you check for a clean carfax.

If you have any more questions, shoot me a pm.

As a car salesman, check NADA.com and see what the banks will loan on the car. Second, compare that with the KBB. KBB is usually what we use to make the MOST from a used car sales.. and everyone knows, used car sales is where the good money is, outside of imports.

Do NOT ask to include sales tax in because that is another way for them to possibly bump the numbers on you. If you do ask for it, make sure you know what the sales tax in your area is and have them cut you a check for it.

As for what was said earlier, a used car dealer will reduce the price 2K if they have a 3-4K or more markup.

The thing you need to do is to tell them that you've been shopping and that you're looking to buy a car ASAP, but will not go back and forth on prices. Tell them to shoot you one more number and if you like it, you'll take it, if not...leave. If you decide to buy the car, make sure the tires have treads, no cracks in the glass, fluids have been changed... and make sure you check for a clean carfax.

If you have any more questions, shoot me a pm.

Just ended up purchasing it. Thanks for all of the advice to everyone. I think I did well on the price and I didn't let them jerk me around with price and add-on stuff so it was a pretty easy transaction.

Just ended up purchasing it. Thanks for all of the advice to everyone. I think I did well on the price and I didn't let them jerk me around with price and add-on stuff so it was a pretty easy transaction.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

ask for 14k....they'll do it....

Just act like you're leaving....I bet they'll sit you down and reevaluate
LOL keep thinking that

LOL keep thinking that

Originally Posted by bb4 86

Did you end up financing it?  If so, unfortunately, that will nullify any "deal" you got since you're going to end up paying at least $3000 more than sticker over the next couple years while the car will be worth about half the price (historically).

Originally Posted by bb4 86

Did you end up financing it?  If so, unfortunately, that will nullify any "deal" you got since you're going to end up paying at least $3000 more than sticker over the next couple years while the car will be worth about half the price (historically).

Originally Posted by Zyzz

LOL keep thinking that

I've done it three times fam....I dont have to think it....

LOL keep thinking that

When I bought my Accord I told them from the gate I was paying cash

so any price they gave me was OTD... I got a fair price for an 06 48K miles I believe

Not sure about final prices on finaced cars.. I know its way more because of interests

When I bought my Accord I told them from the gate I was paying cash

so any price they gave me was OTD... I got a fair price for an 06 48K miles I believe

Not sure about final prices on finaced cars.. I know its way more because of interests

LOL keep thinking that

Did that as well. Worked well for me 
pimp.gif

LOL keep thinking that

Did that as well. Worked well for me 
pimp.gif

^ did that for my first car.. walked away they let me go.. couple days later they called me to work out a deal.. dropped the price 4k and threw in some add ons that I wanted for free... which were silver emblems for the whole car (was gold when I bought it).

^ did that for my first car.. walked away they let me go.. couple days later they called me to work out a deal.. dropped the price 4k and threw in some add ons that I wanted for free... which were silver emblems for the whole car (was gold when I bought it).

Back
Top Bottom