AT&T agrees to buy T-Mobile from Deutsche Telekom for $39 billion!

This is bad for consumers

And no you won't be able to get out of your contract when this happens. The only way you might be to do it is if you live in a area where only ATT and T-Mobile are available.

I hope the FCC denies this because Verizon is going to buy Sprint if this happens.

And we would basically end up with two carriers.

Originally Posted by gil23

So Bayern Munich will now have an at&t logo?
nerd.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
EXACTLY What I was thinking!

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

so my tmobile iphone doesnt need to be hacked now? and when can i get an iphone 4

When the iphone 6 comes out
indifferent.gif

If you read through the thread you wouldn't ask such a inane question

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

FTC come through and block this, im a faithful tmobile user.
PLEASE.....
I wouldn't bank on it.  I'm sure there will be roadblocks towards the acquisition finalizing, but at the end of the day, I believe it'll go through.  

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

hooray for monopolies

indifferent.gif
 Clearly you don't know what a monoply is because you realize that Verizon still has as many if not more subscribers than ATT & TMobile?

That's true but don't forget at&t bought singular and nextel, now with the purchase of tmobile, their clientele list is unparalleled. This is crazy

hooray for monopolies

indifferent.gif
 Clearly you don't know what a monoply is because you realize that Verizon still has as many if not more subscribers than ATT & TMobile?

mobile subscribers? i dont think so. att is number one by 1 million mobile subscribers over verizon

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by prymone

didnt read much of the thread, answer me this

am i going to be forced onto att or can i opt out without a 400+ charge on my 2 line account?
As of now, no. It seems like they are tryna run it as an umbrella/ branch type thing where it's still Tmo but they are a branch of AT&T. W/ that bein said, we shouldn't have to worry about our current plans and phones like the Cingualr/AT&T merger some years ago.  This acquisition seems more like a partnership than one company acquiring the other. They both just wanna expand the GSM networks. Now whoever is upgrading their plans now w/ Tmo might dodge a bullet but get hit buy another since our old phones, though may be able to roam freely between both networks, won't get the full benefit of one or the other. Tmo still aint gettin the iPhone so I don't see it as a full acquisition 
Sorry, this isn't a partnership.  AT&T is buying T-Mobile USA.  The headlines are "AT&T to Acquire T-Mobile USA" 

There will be no more T-Mobile in the US after this deal goes through.  http://www.mobilizeeverything.com/documents/Factsheet.pdf  Scroll all the way to the bottom: "Combined entity will be branded AT&T"

T-Mobile is going the way of Cingular in that in a couple years the T-Mobile brand will no longer exist.

I hope longtime users can keep their plans, most likely you will be able to, there will be a cap on the internet use though.

Its still too early to predict what will happen in the future with the small amount of info we have.

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

I hope longtime users can keep their plans, most likely you will be able to, there will be a cap on the internet use though.

Its still too early to predict what will happen in the future with the small amount of info we have.
I hope this doesnt happen
frown.gif

Before this merger, I thought the unlimited data with a 5gb cap semi-sucked.

But now... I hope it just stays that way. Id be perfectly happy with throttling the speeds after the limit as long as it is unlimited.

Its about time! Sprint has officially voiced its opinion on the $39 billion AT&T acquisition of T-Mobile USA.

Earlier this month, discussions between Deutsche Telekom and Sprint were heating up for a possible acquisition of T-Mobile USA by Sprint and it was almost certain that Sprint would purchase Magenta. It looks like it didn’t turn out the way Sprint wanted.

Sprint’s statement is as follows:

“The combination of AT&T and T-Mobile USA, if approved by the Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Communications Commission (FCC), would alter dramatically the structure of the communications industry. AT&T and Verizon are already by far the largest wireless providers. A combined AT&T and T-Mobile would be almost three times the size of Sprint, the third largest wireless competitor.If approved, the merger would result in a wireless industry dominated overwhelmingly by two vertically-integrated companies that control almost 80% of the US wireless post-paid market, as well as the availability and price of key inputs such as backhaul and access needed by other wireless companies to compete. The DOJ and the FCC must decide if this transaction is in the best interest of consumers and the US economy overall, and determine if innovation and robust competition would be impacted adversely and by this dramatic change in the structure of the industry.​

AT&T was rated by customers as being the worst carrier last year according to Consumer Reports survey. 
Thats because 80% of those users had an iphone device.

Iphone on at&t call quality wise is less then average, natiowide its not good.
This is a problem from apple and how the phones were built.

This is going to be bad. Lack of competition for the loss. And this is coming from an ATT customer. I'm hearing this whole thing probably won't be done until next year. 

As long my plan stays the same im ok with it. But if at&t start to pull pricing shenanigans im going back to sprint or verizon.

Originally Posted by MrDozo

hooray for monopolies

indifferent.gif

That's true but don't forget at&t bought singular and nextel, now with the purchase of tmobile, their clientele list is unparalleled. This is crazy
Stopped reading after this. Check your facts before posting 
-Sprint bought Nextel 

-Cingular bought AT&T Wireless from AT&T, operated under the Cingular brand for a while, then bought up the rest of AT&T. Then finally switched the entire company name to AT&T

After seeing the mess between the Sprint-Nextel merge, it will be interesting to see what the FTC does. I think there would be a better chance of the FTC blocking a Sprint-TMO merge due to CDMA/GSM complications

We touched on this in the wrap-up of this mornings AT&T Press call but apparently it’s causing such a stir we’re going to try and clarify a few things:

With AT&T planning to use T-Mobile’s existing 1700 MHz spectrum for future LTE rollouts, AT&T execs are saying that T-Mobile customers will have to replace their current 3G/4G phones once the merger is completed. This will be a mandatory upgrade unless of course you want your phone to work on edge only.

The spectrum they use for third-generation services, or 3G, will be re-purposed for 4G, which is faster. That would leave current T-Mobile phones without 3G. They would need to be replaced with phones that use AT&T’s 3G frequencies. Ralph de la Vega, AT&T’s head of wireless and consumer services, said this will happen as part of the normal phone upgrade process. “There’s nothing for them to worry about … it will be done over time, in a way that’s good for customers and good for AT&T,

Originally Posted by Big J 33

We touched on this in the wrap-up of this mornings AT&T Press call but apparently it’s causing such a stir we’re going to try and clarify a few things:

With AT&T planning to use T-Mobile’s existing 1700 MHz spectrum for future LTE rollouts, AT&T execs are saying that T-Mobile customers will have to replace their current 3G/4G phones once the merger is completed. This will be a mandatory upgrade unless of course you want your phone to work on edge only.

The spectrum they use for third-generation services, or 3G, will be re-purposed for 4G, which is faster. That would leave current T-Mobile phones without 3G. They would need to be replaced with phones that use AT&T’s 3G frequencies. Ralph de la Vega, AT&T’s head of wireless and consumer services, said this will happen as part of the normal phone upgrade process. “There’s nothing for them to worry about … it will be done over time, in a way that’s good for customers and good for AT&T,

^^^^^ Wonder if that will make a lot of T-mobile customers dip since they have to get a new phone; more of a reason to change service.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by Millzhouse719

^^^^^ Wonder if that will make a lot of T-mobile customers dip since they have to get a new phone; more of a reason to change service.
mad.gif
I'm definitely out once the move is done; screw these *#%holes At&t. i hope fellow T-mobile users dip as well and they lose money.
may have go to Verizon or Sprint 

Back
Top Bottom