AT&T agrees to buy T-Mobile from Deutsche Telekom for $39 billion!

With AT&T planning to use T-Mobile’s existing 1700 MHz spectrum for future LTE rollouts, AT&T execs are saying that T-Mobile customers will have to replace their current 3G/4G phones once the merger is completed. This will be a mandatory upgrade unless of course you want your phone to work on edge only.

Told ya, Spectrum War. T-mobile has good spectrum for mobility use and can penetrate walls as well receive packet data efficiently over vast lands combine that with ATT spectrum its a blanket of airwaves that will never disconnect when you sign-on or even sign-off. ATT Is making a smart move, this is not about having the most customers, its about having enough spectrum to deploy wireless internet technology for future wireless products and rural areas where people still use 56k modems for internet. However negative effects crazy interference with gps technology and noise-cancelation technology and so on etc....Every mobile Spectrum we have now will be soon be converted into LTE spectrum.

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

hooray for monopolies

indifferent.gif
 Clearly you don't know what a monoply is because you realize that Verizon still has as many if not more subscribers than ATT & TMobile?

That's true but don't forget at&t bought singular and nextel, now with the purchase of tmobile, their clientele list is unparalleled. This is crazy

Sprint bought Nextel

And yea this sucks. AT&T can suck my balls

#mature
grin.gif

indifferent.gif
so we gotta replace our phones or else no 3G/4G?

I'm BEYOND salty right now. They better offer us some discounted upgrades smfh

Does this mean no more T-Mobile commercials featuring that girl in the pink dress?

If so, %*%# this deal.

Read people. 
With AT&T planning to use T-Mobile’s existing 1700 MHz spectrum for future LTE rollouts, AT&T execs are saying that T-Mobile customers will have to replace their current 3G/4G phones once the merger is completed. This will be a mandatory upgrade unless of course you want your phone to work on edge only.

Once the merger is complete. Which could be in 2 years...and most of yall are going to upgrade your phones by then anyway, especially if LTE is the norm by then. 

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Read people. 
Once the merger is complete. Which could be in 2 years...and most of yall are going to upgrade your phones by then anyway, especially if LTE is the norm by then. 

Well, since thats the case then damn. I guess it isnt so bad, since there should be some sick phones out by then. Dual core will probably be the norm
pimp.gif

So I just got back to school from Spring Break, and I guess I'm getting AT&T service now, with a bunch more bars than I use to in my apartment. I'm assuming this is a part of the merger?

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

So I just got back to school from Spring Break, and I guess I'm getting AT&T service now, with a bunch more bars than I use to in my apartment. I'm assuming this is a part of the merger?

'tis a joke?

Originally Posted by lawinnn

I didn't know NT followed telecommunication companies like like sports.
This is relevant to a lot of people because it has to do with their bills, contracts, etc.

Back
Top Bottom