At what age did you stop receiving gifts from your parents? Vol. Bday/xmas

Damn more than one present for Christmas as a child? I have never heard of that.

I'm 20 and I no longer get big gifts, but I still get smaller ones for every birthday and Christmas

For birthdays, actual gifts stopped probably when I was 12. Then it became just money given to me by them 
pimp.gif

For Christmas, probably when I stopped playing with toys, it turned into just money given to me by them 
pimp.gif
But these days, they happen to be both unemployed (divorced when I was 7) but still try to give me money on bdays/christmas. I never cash their checks though bc I don't have the heart to 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Still get money for my bday and gifts for Xmas.
Feels_goodman.jpg
laugh.gif

im talking gifts in general. im thinking of getting macbook or lv belt for my bday and noooo more 

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Stopped asking for "Christmas" gifts around 17[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Stopped celebrating "Christmas" and my birthday all together around 19, I'll be 23 in June.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I don't celebrate any particular day whatsoever.[/color]

THIS X 1000

My parents took me, my wife, my three kids, my sister, and my niece to Disney World. Paid for admission, plane tickets, and hotel. And I'm 34
My grandmother is the same way, so I don't ever see an end coming

stopped just last year; the fact that i graduated and started working, there's really no sense of them, doing that
nerd.gif
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Your parents must not love you guys anymore if they ever stop giving you gifts.

mad.gif

This pushes the wrong button in me...

One of the greatest gifts my parents have given me was created well before I was born, and that was that I was born into an environment (both household and otherwise) wherein I didn't have to worry about where my next meal was coming from, didn't have to worry about disease, didn't have any threats of violence, none of that. Sure, I've had to take some loans out to pay the way through college, but damn my parents have been there for me every step of the way. So do I still get gifts for my birthday? Sure I get little things here and there, but honestly it's the little things that are most useful that mean the most (example: this year they gave me gloves I could use my iPhone with. Probably cost <$30, but they're so dang warm and functional haha). And honestly, if they stopped giving me gives I know for DAMN sure that the lack of gifts would be in no way indicative of a lack of love. True love is so far beyond material goods. I'll stop my rant now, but there's so much more to be said...
30t6p3b.gif

Don't think I ever will. My mom raised me and my brother all alone, so we're her life. Even when I tell her not to, she still gets me something for Easter (or randomly shows up and cooks me dinner).

When I was 14 I bought some sweats for my self in mid December. When I got home I couldn't find them and thought I had dropped it at the store.

On the 25th I saw a present from my mother to me. Guess what was inside it, guys.Last year I got any present for x mas from my mom aside from a card or something. My brother on the other hand still gets really cool gifts at age 32

Christmas was infrequent at my house.  I think i had one when i was 10 didn't at 11 and did at 13 and that was it.

Bdays stopped when i was about 10 too. 

Raised by a single mom she did all she could to just keep a house over our heads growing up.  If it taught me anything its that these holidays are about people and just being around them more then material items.  

From parents, I haven't received a gift or money since 15.. I've made more money than my mom since I was 16, and she "raised" me for the most part.For my birthday, my mom would usually cook or bake whatever I want..

Originally Posted by kevi

my birthday I always go with my dad to a playoff Knicks game it's the only present I get but boy it's worth it
pimp.gif

So in other words you don't get gifts at all?

27, still get gifts.

My family is big into gift giving though, I buy my siblings and parents gifts as well.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Christmas was infrequent at my house.  I think i had one when i was 10 didn't at 11 and did at 13 and that was it.

Bdays stopped when i was about 10 too.  

...yeah. my birthday gifts and christmas gifts stopped around 11 or 12. no explaination or anything just...nothing.

Back
Top Bottom