At what point do you say enough is enough?

Jordan XI $180, Foams $220, Yeezy 2 $245, LeBron 10 $300. It's like when people said "when cigs go over $5 a pack I quit" and still smoking $8 packs!

I've turned into an outlet man. I'll buy retros now and then, half of the ones I want I can't get because the websites crash (Cement 4s, Kobe Cloaks, etc.). I have learned to wait for things to go on clearance, Kobe VIIs went down to 99 and I'm still waiting for them to go cheaper. I don't feel guilty after I get outlet deals. Maybe I'm getting older, maybe I'm sick of it, maybe both.

What about the Kobe VI Mangos which are going for around $1500 on ebay?

I mean, I'm never going to pay more than $120 for a pair of shoes (and have never paid that much either). I don't care how much I like them, it's too much money.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

whoa whoa, Lebrons going for $300 retail? L-O-L

fareally doe... that had to be a typo. But like homey said... alotta Retro nikes hit outlets... got some pippens for $40
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Im slowly coming to that conclusion.

At 31, I just feel like I need to satisfy that lil boy in me sometimes.

My sis told me that she thinks its ok. I dont smoke, drink or have any other vices besides the cycling to occupy my time.

She said if I gave up kicks I would quickly find something to take its place.

Shes right cause I was out the kick game for about three years and during that time I spent alot of bread on home audio. Thats stuff is now outdated.

Nvm, forgot about those, lol
sneakers are just clothing accessories
you dudes need to chill, it's not a 'community' or a life decision.

Beeen stopped buying "sneakers"..
Other than the 49er Diamond Turfs,
i cant even remember the last pair.

Honestly I don't see the appeal in the yeezys. So I really don't care about those sneakers lol. And as for jordans, I retired many years ago. I made a temporary comeback for the Concords. 180 is really too much especially when I bought a pair in 2000 for 125.

But as far as the question is concerned, speaking for myself, I'm just buying sneakers that I've always wanted/ had in my childhood. Some people are just buying sneakers based on hype and not because they truly want them. And this is where things go crazy. For this reason, Nike is taking advantage of it. They see that resellers are making a killing on eBay. So Nike figures "Hey why don't we just sell them at an inflated price since they sell so well on eBay?"

So what im saying its that up to you to decide whether you want to buy the sneaker or not. Don't feed into the monster if you don't think it's justified. That's just how I see it.

you *****ing about retail prices while cats are flipping them for 100's more off the resell lol...clearly it's some people who are never going to say enough is enough

i totally forgot about sneakers...didnt even know they were still hot...

i see my little cousins caring about random kicks on facebook trying to augment their 'swag' and im just like....these kids are wasting their money lol

dont know anything about yeezys but i heard from a friend that her friend went to camp for the yeezys for like 5 days or something and that there were guns and tasers involved at some point. story is a broken telephone but whatever.

Originally Posted by georgehimself

I've turned into an outlet man. I'll buy retros now and then, half of the ones I want I can't get because the websites crash (Cement 4s, Kobe Cloaks, etc.). I have learned to wait for things to go on clearance, Kobe VIIs went down to 99 and I'm still waiting for them to go cheaper. I don't feel guilty after I get outlet deals. Maybe I'm getting older, maybe I'm sick of it, maybe both.

I'm an outlet guy as well. I can't justify spending 200 plus on a pair of kicks to look cool. I've also found myself geting into retro runners and I can always find them around the $50 mark. 

I walked into champs the other day and saw that the Military's dropped again. Since mine were pretty beat I was going to buy them, but when the rep said they were 160 I put them back down. The price gouging Nike and JB are doing  is ridiculous.
sick.gif

I haven't bought sneakers in 2 years btw.

As for myself. 
Life overall kind of distracted me and kept me away from shoes.

And you kinda just grow out of it.... As the case for myself..

I was ABOUT to make a comeback when all those Galaxy shoes came out but i realized i would just be blowing away the little money i had and i dont have a job so i just stayed away.  I just told myself I'll cop the shoes i want when im settled down financially.

I wanted yeezys because of the profit margin one can make off one pair. I thought they were hideous.

Idk if i were still into paying kicks frequently like you are ... Quitting cold turkey would be hard because Nike will always throw out a hyped up shoe thatd u might want enough to pay the OD prices.

I remember back 2 years ago when the BDay Lebron 7s came out and they were 180 and everyone thought that was a ridiculous amount. Now everything "big" is going above 230+...

anyways, the game is wayyyy too commercial nowadays. Way to many "heads" . box price are ridiculous. Resell even worse. Its in a corny %#* state overall

Originally Posted by RetroSan

whoa whoa, Lebrons going for $300 retail? L-O-L

Yeah I said the same thing when I saw that. I'm out. I want a pair of black and red XI's. I sold my second pair years ago and I beat my first pair thinking I didn't have to sell them. I just want to replace those and I'm done. I'm tired of spending money in this now exploited "hobby". I'm convinced Nike is giving rappers shoes just to make the general public go crazy. It's free advertising, and the sheep eat it up like clockwork. I don't get how you are "loyal" to a "brand", and at times are dissatisfied with the product, yet continue to buy it (sometimes even not being able to buy said product). This whole strategy of building "brand loyalty" with Nike/JB is %%% backwards to me. I guess I just see the BS. It's really out of control. I'm not going to complain about lines, RSVP, web camping, glue stains, re-sellers etc. My wallet will do my talking for me.

I definitely agree with Pr0phecy

Its dumb. But when the trend dies sneaker dudes will be happy. In the meantime . . .

Cars > Shoes

When I camped a few times majority of Sneakerheads hauling buckets lmao! Up your car games.

Just crazy to me to struggle/camp/bull %!%! with online releases to GIVE them my money. Took a few year hiatus, started back up last year and already getting back out.

Originally Posted by onewearz

none of us will ever be able to say enough .....

Speak for yourself. My shoe collection I'd like to think is pretty thorough, but haven't bought a pair of high end sneakers since the cool grey jordan XI's, simply because the prices are outrageous. I don't care even if you can afford those prices, it's incredible how they can push the prices higher and higher and people still pay. Idiotic even. 
It sucks because I'm a fan of the Jordan retros, and the Yeezy II's and what not, but at those prices? It's almost a slap in the consumer's face.

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

Do yall know if retro j's hit the nike outlets? And how much of a discount would they be?

yup and they're usually around the $100 mark. The thing is, its usually pairs that no one wants like the laneys and Orion 6's which were there the last time I went. You can get lucky though I got you a pair of piston 6s there once, and seen a bunch of other sought after shoes there that just weren't my size. You just have to go and look every now and thenOn the subject of the OP I think that prices will slip back down eventually, and if not then just buy in moderation which is what I do. There are few if any kicks I will pay an arm and a leg for

Back
Top Bottom