At what point do you say enough is enough?

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

Originally Posted by mkc1983

wait, Lebron 10 is going to be $300?

Thw LeBron 10 equivalent of the Elite's will be $300. Basic LeBron 10 will be a steal at $180.

whats gonna be the difference?? will like the "elites" give you s BJ and the "basics" just dry hump you?

Sign of the times.. Lebrons and Kobes currently have the same technology as shoes from back in 2004-2005 but cost $40-$60.. Inflation is crazy huh

We can call it inflation but I think it's more of Nike seeing how much people pay on eBay and other sites. I would say it's a safe bet that Nike paid more to make XI in 1996 then they do now. It's interesting in this post many of us quit buying but Nike is at a all time high in sales and popularity.

Originally Posted by AirThompson

Its dumb. But when the trend dies sneaker dudes will be happy. In the meantime . . .

Cars > Shoes

When I camped a few times majority of Sneakerheads hauling buckets lmao! Up your car games.
Forreal...the amount cats are paying for some of these shoes is like...nuts. And all for what? To have em sitting behind glass if not being used lightly by some dude duck-walking to keep em from creasing? Drop a system into your car or save your money. Ain't gonna knock on dudes who got it like that but....boy do I regret starving myself back in high school for shoes...but shoes cost so much more nowadays

Ill stop once all released shoes are above 200$ I will never spend more than that. Exact reason why I refuse to buy foams anymore or any of those wack Elites

It will never be enough and if you want to see evidence of that just look at the people who serious spent over a $1000 for one pair of yeezys

As for the whole lebron 10's going for $300 retail.... all i can say is the funny thing is dude doesn't even have a ring
laugh.gif

passed that stage, most in /14 are. some of my recent cops have never passed $115, though I realize most people buying those kicks are doing it for reselling/profit which pretty much ruined this "sneaker community".
30t6p3b.gif
wonder how much those Yeezy 3's gonna be
laugh.gif

I just cop kicks for my kids. Much less hassle. Come to think of it their last few pairs were retros that I actually wanted for myself but refused to pay marked up prices like cool greys and cements.

I am at the point where I honestly just don't care anymore.

I "try" to buy what i want.  But its getting ridiculous at this point.  I just log on try to cop....fail 90% of the time and keep it moving.  The majority of shoes i have been buying are ones i can easily obtain.  Roshe's....Nike Free's....air max's....blazers etc. I have just stopped caring really. 

The prices only bother me from a quality standpoint.  Retro Jordan's going for $160 that are utter crap material is terrible.  But even if i wanted to pay $160 for some plastic leather Jordan 4's i couldn't.  NDC would crash and i would just say eff it and walk away.

Originally Posted by AirThompson

Its dumb. But when the trend dies sneaker dudes will be happy. In the meantime . . .

Cars > Shoes

When I camped a few times majority of Sneakerheads hauling buckets lmao! Up your car games.

Its true

Aren't the lebron 10 + coming with one of those Nike band things that track your progress etc.

As for the topic, I've already said that. I just stick to vans, janoskis, and boat shoes. With the occasional random shoe here and there. I just don't find any of the current Jordan shoes worth the effort.

Originally Posted by three6mafia

Thw LeBron 10 equivalent of the Elite's will be $300. Basic LeBron 10 will be a steal at $180.

whats gonna be the difference?? will like the "elites" give you s BJ and the "basics" just dry hump you?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Im not up on every release like that, I only buy what I like so it doesn't really affect me. At the same time, the prices, reselling, & hype are just
eek.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by three6mafia

Either way your getting **+@+@.

Haven't bought a pair of Jordans since 2004...seldomly paid retail when I did and never ever waited in line for a pair of sneakers. 

I'd be damn if I let someone or some business brainwash me into thinking I need a luxury item that is not a necessity.  

You pay more for crappy quality and craftsman ship....keep buying the same regurgitated sneakers.  There is no more uniqueness or nostalgia.  Everything forced fed down the mainstream. 

Luckily, aside from Foams, I'm not into any of they hype stuff, so its not that big of a problem. If you been shopping for foams, the price hasn't gone up much.

On the really doe...

You're bagging immature yambs from 18-23 at a consistent rate when you're kick game is ridic, Mayne...

I like the MV 9s, but intentionally skipped on em because $250 is FREAKIN RIDICULOUS. Foams I can barely stand at $220. Unless I am crazy about the shoe, nothing is worth more than $200. If regular retros hit $180 though, (not 11s) I QUIT.

Back
Top Bottom