At what point do you say enough is enough?

Just don't buy what's red hot when it's first released. If they sell out, so what, a new pair will be released next week. Works for me.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

It doesn't matter what shoes mean to you.

Logically give me a reason why it is wrong for resellers to milk their profit and buy the shoes up before real shoe heads?

Why are they deemed wrong?
So your favorite band comes to town and someone buys up all the tickets at $40 each and then sells them for $200. You would be ok with that? I guess that's just being a hustler right?

Originally Posted by sneakahead1

how are people upset for paying 180 for concords and ok with paying 125 back in the day. if you account for inflation of about 3% it comes out to almost exactly 180.
So then how do you explain the rest of Nike's products like running shoes and most retro basketball shoes that are the same price? Jordan and Nike pay less for these shoes to be made now then they did back in the 90's. 

I'm not going to make fun of someone's hobby.

But I do laugh at people that claim it's a community or culture, it's a product.
People are blindly following these sneaker brand and stores that have been making money off them for decades, but are upset that a 3rd party came in to do the same.

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

Logically give me a reason why it is wrong for resellers to milk their profit and buy the shoes up before real shoe heads?

So your favorite band comes to town and someone buys up all the tickets at $40 each and then sells them for $200. You would be ok with that? I guess that's just being a hustler right?

I would be disappointed but I know that I don't deserve the tickets any more than they do. Why is my desire to see the band greater than their desire to make some extra 4? How selfish of my and how arrogant of my personal affairs in comparison to the rest of the population.
You don't see where I am going with this? Your affairs aren't more important their the resellers. So what if you have collected for 20 years. Why does that matter?

A person's own greed and demand of an item creates a market for a reseller to sell it to.

If there was no sneaker collecting, Nike Talk etc.....there would be no reselling and hype etc. 

Everything goes in cycles though....the bottom will fall out on this, in due time. 

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I'm not going to make fun of someone's hobby.

But I do laugh at people that claim it's a community or culture, it's a product.
People are blindly following these sneaker brand and stores that have been making money off them for decades, but are upset that a 3rd party came in to do the same.

All of this

And people need to stop crying about resellers. I personally never bought off a reseller or sold anything, but buying low and selling high is the norm for everything

Im not even mad at the next man for making a dollar, especially a legal dollar

It matters because I want to see this hobby continue to stay alive. While I do not think that anyone is necessarily entitled to anything in life I do not like the direction this hobby has gone. With all these new comers who are not involved in this hobby you see outrageous reselling practices. When we were reselling inside the community it was much easier to obtain what you were looking for from a reseller for a somewhat reasonable price. People were able to make a couple bucks while also helping another collector out. Now since EVERYONE is a reseller of sneakers selling has become big business for people who do not have the hobby's best interest in mind. It's a great sellers market right now but I'm more concerned about the buyers.
My concern and reason for starting this thread is that greed and money is slowly killing this hobby. If it's not Nike out-pricing the average consumer it's grandma from Cali who just wants to make a dollar.Some people may see no problem with that and that is fine. I'm just not going to let this hobby that I love so much die without my opinion being heard.

Again, you are talking as if you are entitled to a pair a shoes over the next man. That is all this is about. Once you step back and see that you are fighting a selfish war then things will be better for your psyche. But right now, as most collectors, you are in your feelings and aren't seeing things logically. But I understand why you are upset but just know that you are acting as if you are entitled.

You want the hobby to stay alive? As long as you have feet you will need sneakers, and I dont believe Nike will stop making them anytime soon.

sneakers were not made to be a collectible item, they were made to protect your feet. Putting all this emphasis on it being a hobby and what not is making what ThunderChunk was saying seem all the more true. As long as you dudes are buying sneakers and putting them in a shrine and calling them holy grails, the resellers aren't going anywhere... %!#$ why would they?

And OP, you also keep referring to greed and hunger. Well you are a collector. Collecting is a form of greed since you are going above and beyond your needs of a certain item. So again, your cause isn't really a cause here. It is purely selfish

whether you'd be okay with it or not depends on how much you think the tickets are worth

The Military IV's was my first purchase since the XI/XII pack

I've been said enough is enough
30t6p3b.gif

What I find funny is when a mod/collector wishes death on resellers but shout out a resellers website because they get hookups aka SNEAKERSTREET.

And to a further extent, every store is a reseller since they don't make the products themselves.

$2500 FOR SOME SNEAKERS THEY OUT HERE ASKING.
30t6p3b.gif
$2500!? Do you know what I can do with $2500? Not to mention how you can easily you can turn that, but you can take a wild vacation overseas and see some things you'll never see twice in your life.

It's crazy because prices are going up and products continue to sell at an all-time high, yet Nike STILL treats their employees like +%%%. It's sad. But this is America, land of the dumb, blind and oblivious. You can tell them the truth all you want, but you'll never get them to comprehend the obvious. I really do hope some cats, especially on this forum - wake up and realize no material item is worth 400, 500.

But I stopped caring about people. Let them live and learn. 

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

30t6p3b.gif
$2500!? Do you know what I can do with $2500? Not to mention how you can easily you can turn that, but you can take a wild vacation overseas and see some things you'll never see twice in your life.

It's crazy because prices are going up and products continue to sell at an all-time high, yet Nike STILL treats their employees like +%%%. It's sad. But this is America, land of the dumb, blind and oblivious. You can tell them the truth all you want, but you'll never get them to comprehend the obvious. I really do hope some cats, especially on this forum - wake up and realize no material item is worth 400, 500.

Preach my man. Go look at the yeezy thread its disgusting. People happy because they feel like they got a "steal" for getting yeezy 2s for $1800. It's a joke. and then they wonder why nike raised the prices of the lebrons to $250. Nike sees all this.

Again, you are talking as if you are entitled to a pair a shoes over the next man. That is all this is about. Once you step back and see that you are fighting a selfish war then things will be better for your psyche. But right now, as most collectors, you are in your feelings and aren't seeing things logically. But I understand why you are upset but just know that you are acting as if you are entitled.
DC, me and you discussed this a long time ago.  Being a reseller that abides by the rules (1 or 2 pairs per person) is cool but being a reseller that intentionally tries to buy up all the shoes to create an artificial shortage to increase the "market" price is unethical. 

With that said, if I had a chance to buy 20 pairs of Yeezy's at retail or under and sell them to these NTers that think they "got a good deal for $1000-1500", I'd be all over it and would be just one unethical dude.  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

DC, me and you discussed this a long time ago.  Being a reseller that abides by the rules (1 or 2 pairs per person) is cool but being a reseller that intentionally tries to buy up all the shoes to create an artificial shortage to increase the "market" price is unethical. 

With that said, if I had a chance to buy 20 pairs of Yeezy's at retail or under and sell them to these NTers that think they "got a good deal for $1000-1500", I'd be all over it and would be just one unethical dude.  
laugh.gif
This, 2 of my boys almost got kicked out of the military for doing this with chewing tobacco on deployment.  Apparently it technically qualifies as extortion (in some backwards misguided way)
They were selling it for $20 per can smh, people were ready to stomp them out

Why is it unethical. You are essentially calling it wrong. Why does he supposed to follow this hidden rule of not buying all of the shoes to make money for whatever reason he choses? I am still waiting for a legit answer to that question. You all keep using words synonymous with WRONG. I want to know how is the super reseller wrong for doing what he does?

I was never a true sneaker head, at best I have a modest collection of Adidas from over the years of just buying shoes as needed.
So my top limit was always $120 (I'd never spend over a hundred on sneaker but soccer cleats maybe).

Why is it unethical. You are essentially calling it wrong. Why does he supposed to follow this hidden rule of not buying all of the shoes to make money for whatever reason he choses? I am still waiting for a legit answer to that question. You all keep using words synonymous with WRONG. I want to know how is the super reseller wrong for doing what he does?

Here's an easy answer to your question, if it was something essential like food or water, it would actually be illegal.  So since sneakers like Yeezy's aren't a necessity like food and water, it is not illegal but definitely unethical.

In the United States, laws against price gouging have been held constitutional[sup][3][/sup] as a valid exercise of the police power to preserve order during an emergency, and may be combined with anti-hoarding measures. Exceptions are prescribed for price increases that can be justified in terms of increased cost of supply, transportation or storage. Statutes generally give wide discretion not to prosecute: in 2004, Florida determined that one-third of complaints were unfounded, and a large fraction of the remainder were handled by consent decrees, rather than prosecution. Proponents of laws against price gouging assert that it can create an unrealistic psychological demand that can drive a non-replenishable item into extinction.[sup][4][/sup] As of 2008, thirty-four states in the United States have enacted laws against price-gouging. Price-gouging is often defined in terms of three critieria listed below:[sup][5][/sup]
  1. Period of Emergency: The majority of laws apply only to price shifts during a time of disaster.
  2. Necessary items: Most laws apply exclusively to items which are essential to survival.
  3. Price ceilings: Laws limit the maximum price that can be charged for given goods.

Originally Posted by FedExciter

All of this

And people need to stop crying about resellers. I personally never bought off a reseller or sold anything, but buying low and selling high is the norm for everything

Im not even mad at the next man for making a dollar, especially a legal dollar

This. It bothers me that people dont think the laws of supply and demand apply to this. They apply to anything. Remember when PS3s first came out and people were charging $1000 for them? It happens we are not immune to this nor is anyone who has an interest that can be exploited for a profit.
Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

30t6p3b.gif

I agree with all you said but this especially. Its all about personal choice. If you think that kicks are worth that much but so be it. I wish I was in a position where I could just cop all the kicks I want without giving it a second thought, but I cant, other things take priority. As long as they arent ruining their lives for them by all means. I for one tried to get Yeezys, I like the shoe a lot and wanted them, didnt get them through NDC and that was it for me. Those prices simply arent worth it to me.

Everything you're saying is on point too, but I never know if you actually mean what you're saying or just like to be the contrarian.

You're thinking selfishly. We all have to accept that resellers are here and they arent going anywhere anytime soon. I cant even be mad at them or blame them, its a legitimate way to make a dollar and this is how its been forever with material things. Just because you love sneakers for what they are doesnt mean that you should be the only one allowed to have them. I get that you're mad as well you should be, no one likes to see their interest exploited, but its just something that you have to accept. I've already done it.

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

On the really doe...

You're bagging immature yambs from 18-23 at a consistent rate when you're kick game is ridic, Mayne...
roll.gif
I'm DYING over here! This has to be sarcasm, right? RIGHT?! I'm 22 and if my sneakers alone warrant the bagging of yambs I'll be damned.

HEEEEEECK no this isnt any sarcasm, homey...
i'm talking black chicks... dont know about the other sides.

but head to the mall w/ some mettallic red Foambs, or some Jordans that were released prior to 2010 that look deadstock...

you used to turn heads from the shoe guys... now the ladies understand the kick game and will give you buns b/c of it.

having a nice kick game is almost on par w/ having a nice whip game to these chicken heads these days.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom