Attention Gym Heads: Do you use the sauna?

As the title states.... How often do you use it? How long do you go in there for? What are the benefits?

In high school, I'd jump in there every week to cut the last 3-5 pounds to make weight but is there a true benefit to it?

I have a boy thats a gym rat and he told me to go in there once a week....to relax my muscles and to clean out pores. I always thought the sauna were for theold people....
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
@ me.

Good Looks, NT.

sauna after workout/running is
pimp.gif

i do it merely to sweat out that one final time to clear up the pores. i usually jump in a semi-cold shower right after and come out feeling very clean.

Originally Posted by brrraptors

sauna after workout/running is
pimp.gif

i do it merely to sweat out that one final time to clear up the pores. i usually jump in a semi-cold shower right after and come out feeling very clean.
same here

I would........but the one at my gym is small and full of fat people.

everyday. for some reason mexicans love the sauna at my gym so as a benefit im learning spanish everyday.

i use it after i lift and swim. just feels nice to me.

Almost after every single session.
My family is from Eastern Europe so I've been going to sauna's since I was a kid.

everytime I go I use sauna and steam room....
both will open your pores, and help you shed off some pounds

use to go to my friends apt complex to workout
they had pool, sauna, gym. nice place

I use the sauna mostly for my skin, or if im hungover
laugh.gif

sauna/ cold shower cycles ftw
pimp.gif

old bastids breathing like asthmatic rhinocerouses, talking bout the economy ftl
smh.gif

i like to use the steam room after workouts.
its kinda relaxing, and my skin feels & looks a lot better for the next few days.

just the thought about sittin in boiling water with other dudes turns me off to the idea.

yes i know its not really boiling. but ive always saw it on tv and it made me uncomfortable cuz its so small i just thought about bein in that water witheverybody elses dead skin just flakin off in the water and just
smh.gif
naw man.

and no, i dont go swimmin in the swimmin pools either.

Originally Posted by Wasps and Asps

just the thought about sittin in boiling water with other dudes turns me off to the idea.

yes i know its not really boiling. but ive always saw it on tv and it made me uncomfortable cuz its so small i just thought about bein in that water with everybody elses dead skin just flakin off in the water and just
smh.gif
naw man.

and no, i dont go swimmin in the swimmin pools either.
Your not in water in a sauna my dude

Could someone please explain the difference/benefits between a steam room, and a sauna?

Is this only good for post workout?.....what about before hitting the gym?

Back
Top Bottom