Audi S4 Yay or Nay?

I've had two Audis. I have an 08 rs4, I love it. Before that was a 2003 1.8t a4, loved that as well. I'd recommend Audi. Repairs are costly though. I would look for one with less than 40k miles if at all possible.

I say get a B5 S4 and Stage 3 it.

My train of thought: Turbo'ed > NA.

Really up to you, but check out Audizine and you may change your opinion.
Oh, and don't get tip-tronic/tragic.

I say get a B5 S4 and Stage 3 it.

My train of thought: Turbo'ed > NA.

Really up to you, but check out Audizine and you may change your opinion.
Oh, and don't get tip-tronic/tragic.

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

when your S4 is your only ride and you have a family and baby seats in the back. You do not want a manual car.

you fanboys are too addicted with the masculinity of a manual transmission.
what?

when your S4 is your only ride and you have a family and baby seats in the back. You do not want a manual car.

what?

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

what?

ill break it down for you. 
there is a guy... who likes a girl they get married. they have a baby. the guy wants a sports car that has everything he wants. S4 fits his needs. there is a choice of manual transmission or automatic. He has a new born child and a wife. he does not want to interrupt the babies sleep and does not want anything to stop him from getting to his child in need. 

second part. 

There are guys who say, ONLY REAL MEN GET MANUAL CARS. and they are STUPID. truly stupid. Automatic cars > manual.  there is only SOME cars that are better manual then automatic.  people think, automatics are for chick, make a car slower, and makes a car crap. Seriously? there is like a handful of cars that actually change the car entirely from its transmission. a couple i can say is a RX7(
glasses.gif
, corvette, m3, etc. even so, i would not disrespect them just because they have an automatic. dual clutch transmissions have far surpasses manual transmissions. 

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

what?

ill break it down for you. 
there is a guy... who likes a girl they get married. they have a baby. the guy wants a sports car that has everything he wants. S4 fits his needs. there is a choice of manual transmission or automatic. He has a new born child and a wife. he does not want to interrupt the babies sleep and does not want anything to stop him from getting to his child in need. 

second part. 

There are guys who say, ONLY REAL MEN GET MANUAL CARS. and they are STUPID. truly stupid. Automatic cars > manual.  there is only SOME cars that are better manual then automatic.  people think, automatics are for chick, make a car slower, and makes a car crap. Seriously? there is like a handful of cars that actually change the car entirely from its transmission. a couple i can say is a RX7(
glasses.gif
, corvette, m3, etc. even so, i would not disrespect them just because they have an automatic. dual clutch transmissions have far surpasses manual transmissions. 

i'll break it down for you. 

i drive a stick and have a car seat in the back.  i've always driven stick the car i had when my daughter was a newborn was a stick too.  learn how to shift and you won't be waking babies up. 

you even driven a SMG m3? i take it you haven't.  roughest shifting car i've ever driven next to a gt-r.  you can shift a manual way smoother than those cars.  you don't know what you're talking about at all.

i'll break it down for you. 

i drive a stick and have a car seat in the back.  i've always driven stick the car i had when my daughter was a newborn was a stick too.  learn how to shift and you won't be waking babies up. 

you even driven a SMG m3? i take it you haven't.  roughest shifting car i've ever driven next to a gt-r.  you can shift a manual way smoother than those cars.  you don't know what you're talking about at all.

But is your preferences the right one?, are you the type of person to criticize another mans car because its automatic? its not the waking up the babies, but tending to them. It would be much easier. im sure the S4 had tip tronic. so what are you really missing?

i have driven the smg m3, it wasnt that bad. i also have driven an e60 m5. the dct in the m5 is a rough transmission but it does perform. and if you think you can shift smoother while being that fast. then... i really dont know what your talking about. oh and Gt-r shifts amazing, ive been in several. 

But is your preferences the right one?, are you the type of person to criticize another mans car because its automatic? its not the waking up the babies, but tending to them. It would be much easier. im sure the S4 had tip tronic. so what are you really missing?

i have driven the smg m3, it wasnt that bad. i also have driven an e60 m5. the dct in the m5 is a rough transmission but it does perform. and if you think you can shift smoother while being that fast. then... i really dont know what your talking about. oh and Gt-r shifts amazing, ive been in several. 

dude no one is abusing their child because they drive a stick.

i don't care what transmission the next man has in their car but the transmission on the s4 is nice as hell in 6 speed.

of course you can't shift smoother while you are driving hard.  but driving in traffic i can downshift all day smoother than smg.

i fail to understand how a manual is not good for kids being in the car.  if you can shift smooth you'll barely feel it.  what you're saying about a manual not being the right choice with kids sounds ridiculous.
laugh.gif
sorry man, it's not that serious to get an auto because you'll have kids in the car. 

dude no one is abusing their child because they drive a stick.

i don't care what transmission the next man has in their car but the transmission on the s4 is nice as hell in 6 speed.

of course you can't shift smoother while you are driving hard.  but driving in traffic i can downshift all day smoother than smg.

i fail to understand how a manual is not good for kids being in the car.  if you can shift smooth you'll barely feel it.  what you're saying about a manual not being the right choice with kids sounds ridiculous.
laugh.gif
sorry man, it's not that serious to get an auto because you'll have kids in the car. 

downshifts/upshifts will NEVER mess up with a automatic car. never stall, never have a jumpy start, never have to feather the clutch for a smoother start. you will always have to let go of the gas pedal so idk how smooth you can be.

ill have another car, but i rather not have a manual car if i have a kid. thats why most guys move into trucks or more economical (auto) cars when they have a kid.

but my argument is not about getting an auto when having a baby. its on people bashing automatic transmission like it changes it into a chick car.

downshifts/upshifts will NEVER mess up with a automatic car. never stall, never have a jumpy start, never have to feather the clutch for a smoother start. you will always have to let go of the gas pedal so idk how smooth you can be.

ill have another car, but i rather not have a manual car if i have a kid. thats why most guys move into trucks or more economical (auto) cars when they have a kid.

but my argument is not about getting an auto when having a baby. its on people bashing automatic transmission like it changes it into a chick car.

I drive stick, it's never been a problem, even with small children. No family, but I know guys with families that drive manual all day... no worries. That said, MPLS is right. I've driven SMG M5's, M3's, and some DSG's; they can drive just as rough as a 16 year old learning how to drive uphill in a manual, especially the BMW SMG units... Whatever, to each their own.

Anyway, back to the main issue at hand, *thread hijacking FTL.* OP, only get the S4 if you can afford the maintenance. Know that it won't be nearly as cheap as your Altima, and know that many many many many MANY more things can and will go wrong. If you're prepared to pay 5x the upkeep, prepare for 5x the car. Pay to play.

I drive stick, it's never been a problem, even with small children. No family, but I know guys with families that drive manual all day... no worries. That said, MPLS is right. I've driven SMG M5's, M3's, and some DSG's; they can drive just as rough as a 16 year old learning how to drive uphill in a manual, especially the BMW SMG units... Whatever, to each their own.

Anyway, back to the main issue at hand, *thread hijacking FTL.* OP, only get the S4 if you can afford the maintenance. Know that it won't be nearly as cheap as your Altima, and know that many many many many MANY more things can and will go wrong. If you're prepared to pay 5x the upkeep, prepare for 5x the car. Pay to play.

i wouldn't say it's a chicks car but it takes away an element that a lot of people like about driving.

now an auto vert s4 is a chicks car.
laugh.gif

i wouldn't say it's a chicks car but it takes away an element that a lot of people like about driving.

now an auto vert s4 is a chicks car.
laugh.gif

I would never cop the vert in a million year plus I'm going to cop the 6 speed. Ive always wanted to own this car why not now?

I would never cop the vert in a million year plus I'm going to cop the 6 speed. Ive always wanted to own this car why not now?

Back
Top Bottom