Aug 30 Super Smackdown LIVE 8pm - Orton vs Christian Cage Match, Cena vs Barrett, Punk vs Khali

Wonder why they decided to rush Punk/HHH?

The "Summer of Punk" will officially come to an end after he gets Pedigreed into Bolivion at NOC.

Nash will have to interfere in that match. He has to. You can't have Punk lose clean, and Trips won't lose clean.

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy

WWE just botched the Punk vs. HHH angle. 4w was right. And to announce it backstage while Cena's music is still blaring
eyes.gif

Instead of rushing the match couldn't have they at least held off until Survivor Series in NY???

Maybe they're confident Austin vs. Punk at Wrestlemania does happen and want to wrap this up early??
Originally Posted by Peep Game

Nash tore his ACL off camera backstage
roll.gif

Or Jericho vs. Punk at Mania.
nerd.gif

Remember when Jericho sent out that salty tweet after Punk mentioned him on Raw a few weeks back?

Originally Posted by thacamel

Dear WWE,

Seriously, if HHH buries Punk, TNA here I come

you should just quit wrestling.
TNA is like the overweight less attractive step sister of the wcw, and not the good wcw i mean the few months before wcw ended when the only people that watched wcw were vince and shane debating whether or not to aquire it.

^^Only to go against WWE, I know TNA is crap. They have tons of potential, but will never do anything with it

team hhh vs team punk is happening at survivor series

nash will interfere, hhh heel turn ag NOC

- Dragon Gate USA officials recently confirmed that WWE has expressed interest in signing several of their talents, who are currently signed to DGUSA contracts. DGUSA will release the talents from their deals if it means they will get a WWE contract. No word yet on the talents WWE is interested in.

- The latest on Kevin Nash is that he is only back for a short run and not a full-fledged return. Nash is still signed to a WWE Legends deal and able to take indy bookings but must pull out of them if a WWE commitment comes up first. Before he came back, Nash was specifically interested in working with CM Punk.

Yep, I guess the writers found out late and didn't do anything with it, He was supposed to have been back today (he missed the house shows too)

The Del Rio thing is about his vacation. The WWE already had a vacation promised to him (even though he hadn't been with the company long, but they knew he'd
be a "big deal, fairly quick"), and it just so happened that his vacation ended up being pretty much in the middle of his WWE title run and big angle.

Sin Cara fiasco is made even more absurd with the commentary.
They talk about Mistico's success in Mexico, his comic book, being 2nd generation, while Hunico is under the mask?
ಠ_ಠ

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy

WWE just botched the Punk vs. HHH angle. 4w was right. And to announce it backstage while Cena's music is still blaring
eyes.gif

Instead of rushing the match couldn't have they at least held off until Survivor Series in NY???

Maybe they're confident Austin vs. Punk at Wrestlemania does happen and want to wrap this up early??
Originally Posted by Peep Game

Nash tore his ACL off camera backstage
roll.gif

Or Jericho vs. Punk at Mania.
nerd.gif

Remember when Jericho sent out that salty tweet after Punk mentioned him on Raw a few weeks back?

Nah man. While a feud between them would be great, it probably wouldnt draw worth %@%% and will be pushed down the card like Orton/Punk was this year. I'm ready to see Punk in that Co-main event slot and it'll probably only happen against HHH or Austin.

Originally Posted by 3dgarfly23

YO

Michael McGillicutty, who is the grandson of Larry "The Axe" Hennig and the son of "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig, has been tweeting to fans over the last few days about why he doesn't use his real-name, Joe Hennig.
He re-tweeted the following message from a fan: "Joe Hennig > Michael McGillicutty, RT if you agree, the Hennig name should still be remembered!"

He then tweeted the following:

"For everyone tweeting about my name: The Hennig name will be remembered no matter what my name is.

"Just get ready to witness the next generation and see why we ARE the greatest wrestling family of all time!

"@xxDuke4Everxx: Just remember to never forget where you came from and who you are
smile.gif
NEVER"

WrestlingInc.com exclusively reported earlier today that McGillicutty suggested to John Laurinaitis that he use his real name last week. He was apparently told something along the lines of, "When you start performing like a Hennig, you can be a Hennig."

DAMN
laugh.gif

WOW, haha.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

They talk about Mistico's success in Mexico, his comic book, being 2nd generation, while Hunico is under the mask?
ಠ_ಠ

They about to do Mistico dirty.....
Its one thing to set up an angle..., its another to straight up give another wrestler your accomplishments. He will leave on his own. Say they were to do the Taker bit with Sin Cara, at this point Hunico has done more matches as Sin Cara he will have built the character.....

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

ಠ_ಠ
ClUBI.png

At a baseball game so I had to catch raw late; but a few quick thoughts:
  • After Punk was only off WWE cameras for 8 days (which I was happy to see him back on TV yes), we all realized, even though there was still some blind faith, that the angle was botched. So let's just do the HHH/Punk match, do the separate teams for Survivor Series, and move on to the next program. Maybe we will get an Austin v. Punk at Wrestlemania it would tie in nicely with Cena v. Rock.
  • Speaking of Punk two things: 1) [Lance Storm]If I could be GHIMS for one second...[/Lance Storm] one far out prediction that I would love to see is Stephanie turning on HHH and having an "affair" with Punk. It could fit into the whole "shock value" run Punk is going for. 2) I swear to god I am just going to spit out controversial sayings in everyday conversation and yell "PIPE BOMB" right after, then walk away. Too damb funny.
  • I feel bad for Mistico, granted maybe he was a little hot headed coming in, but I just don't see how HHH thought his luchador style of wrestling would compliment WWE's style. Hell, Rey Mysterio had to revamp his entire offense when he came over from WCW, the lucha style just does not compute in "Sports Entertainment" and Hunicio, man, that guy sucks.
  • I know I am in the minority in this but I do not like Miz/R-Truth as a tag team, and I actually do not like Kofi/Evan Bourne for that matter. I just hate when two guys are just paired together for no reason; I want them to start pushing ACTUAL TEAMS. One idea is since they want to bring back the in-box vignettes, do so for tag teams, kind of like they did with sub-par tag teams like Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch, Jesse & Festus, Deuce & Domino, Billy & Chuck, etc, sure separately, GROSS but give them a similar look a theme and they have INSTANT credibility as a team. This however can backfire when guys like Mcgillicutty and Otunga, but those guys are hopeless period.

Originally Posted by Captain Charisma85

one far out prediction that I would love to see is Stephanie turning on HHH and having an "affair" with Punk. It could fit into the whole "shock value" run Punk is going for.
Hell no, leave that Attitude Era-like mess out of this.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom