Aug 30 Super Smackdown LIVE 8pm - Orton vs Christian Cage Match, Cena vs Barrett, Punk vs Khali

eek.gif
Don't remember that McGillicutty NXT promo,but that was tuuurrrible.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Dunk Demon

Originally Posted by Captain Charisma85

one far out prediction that I would love to see is Stephanie turning on HHH and having an "affair" with Punk. It could fit into the whole "shock value" run Punk is going for.
Hell no, leave that Attitude Era-like mess out of this.
sick.gif

The attitude era was the best era in wwe history

I don't think the punk huh match will happen at NOC. I think it was just a way to vet viewers tonight to see what happens.

Originally Posted by Captain Charisma85

• Speaking of Punk two things: 1) [Lance Storm]If I could be GHIMS for one second...[/Lance Storm] one far out prediction that I would love to see is Stephanie turning on HHH and having an "affair" with Punk. It could fit into the whole "shock value" run Punk is going for.

No one would buy it though.  This isn't 1998 where the majority of people didn't have internet access and didn't know what went on behind the scenes.  Granted, a lot of WWE viewers still don't follow the news online, but everyone knows HHH and Steph are married, so a storyline like that would just be dumb in my opinion.
Kind of like how Vince was relieved of his duties...

http://corporate.wwe.com/governance/board.jsp

http://corporate.wwe.com/company/executive.jsp

Interesting that in real life, WWE doesn't have a COO.

Originally Posted by solidsnake

Is Mistico still there or was he fired for sure?! I thought it was Mistico...?

He's still under contract but not being used.  It was Hunico as Sin Cara last night.

In regards to combining rosters:
  • This will be for Raw only.  With the exception of tonight's Super Smackdown, the Raw roster will not be a part of Smackdown on Friday nights.
  • This is being done for two main reasons. 1) To help counteract Monday Night Football and the normal ratings drop that WWE sees each year at this time (usually about 10%).  And 2) Smackdown house show business is terrible, so they believe that getting the Smackdown talent more exposure on Raw will help sell more tickets. (The problem with this is that most Smackdown guys will probably lose to the Raw guys, which further buries them and being part of the B Show.)
  • The titles will not be combined, so there will be two world champions every Monday night.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

In regards to combining rosters:
  • This will be for Raw only.  With the exception of tonight's Super Smackdown, the Raw roster will not be a part of Smackdown on Friday nights.
  • This is being done for two main reasons. 1) To help counteract Monday Night Football and the normal ratings drop that WWE sees each year at this time (usually about 10%).  And 2) Smackdown house show business is terrible, so they believe that getting the Smackdown talent more exposure on Raw will help sell more tickets. (The problem with this is that most Smackdown guys will probably lose to the Raw guys, which further buries them and being part of the B Show.)
  • The titles will not be combined, so there will be two world champions every Monday night.
This is so stupid, combine the damn titles

Originally Posted by thacamel

Who am I? Just a fan. Try looking in the mirror, thats all you are also. Get over yourself

We all are...no harm in poking fun sometimes right? I just never noticed you in the thread is all.

Punk vs. Khalil tonight on Smackdown tonoight. I think it might be to see how well Punk can carry a 7 foot stiff in case they revert back to the Nash match

what is the damb point of Punk facing Khali? whats the point of Khali being on TV anyway?

should have been Punk vs Bryan.

he stress level among WWE's writing staff is being described as almost WrestleMania level because of how important tonight's live SmackDown special is. The feeling is that WWE wants SmackDown off Friday nights.

- Chris Jericho wrote the following on last night's RAW about CM Punk: "Another Raw, another stolen move. I expect that from a rookie or a diva, but et tu Punk? BACK OFF...."

WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio was not at RAW last night and word is that the visa paperwork he went to complete in Mexico over the weekend is not done yet. Until that's completed, Del Rio can't enter the country to work.
Regarding his match with Sin Cara at tonight's live SmackDown special, word backstage is that the match has been canceled but if Del Rio can make it to the tapings in time tonight, it will still go on. WWE had a detailed video package for the match set to air on RAW last night but held off.

WWE officials made the decision some time in the past week or so that Kevin Nash won't be wrestling for them. It's likely Nash will stick around for the time being and participate in the occasional angle but unless something changes, he won't be having a match. This is why CM Punk vs. Kevin Nash at Night of Champions was changed to Punk vs. Triple H. WWE knew going into RAW last night that Nash wouldn't be wrestling.
We reported last week that Nash recently went to Pittsburgh to do physicals for the company and something happened there that made them decide that they don't want Nash in the ring taking bumps and doing something as physical as a whole match. There is still some chance that Nash could end up wrestling but something happened after the physicals that has put a roadblack in front of Nash's return match.

The decision to put Triple H in the match with Punk wasn't made until yesterday afternoon. The original plans had Punk going over Nash at Night of Champions

Originally Posted by toine2983

What move did Punk steal from Jericho?

double underhook back breaker.
Raw was interesting enough for me. The whole swerve at the end was kinda 
grin.gif
 but no one wants to see Nash get really hurt. (Khali vs Punk tonight sounds so stupid btw)

They really need to drop the branding and make everything more prestigious again. I was watching some old matches of legends putting in work for the IC title. Cut the crap. Better tag teams. Better mid card scene. I don't think that's too much to ask for.  
frown.gif

The only more I could see Jericho calling out is the double underhook backbreaker which of course Punk has used for a while as "Welcome, to Chicago Mother....."

Welp since they are doing HHH vs. Punk....

I say HHH Pedigrees in every part of the arena then the pin. Then the broken glass sounds then the save. Then the holding up of Punk's arm. Then the flip off, then the stunner. Then the Steveweisers all around. Then the stage is set for next ppv.

I wanna see Punk Vs. Deadman for WM. End the streak.

Originally Posted by xtianp

Originally Posted by toine2983

What move did Punk steal from Jericho?

double underhook back breaker.
Raw was interesting enough for me. The whole swerve at the end was kinda 
grin.gif
 but no one wants to see Nash get really hurt. (Khali vs Punk tonight sounds so stupid btw)

They really need to drop the branding and make everything more prestigious again. I was watching some old matches of legends putting in work for the IC title. Cut the crap. Better tag teams. Better mid card scene. I don't think that's too much to ask for.  
frown.gif

That move Punk performed he calls it "welcome to chicago mother F'er"Ive been checking a few of his old matches hes been doin that move for years
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 3dgarfly23

WWE officials made the decision some time in the past week or so that Kevin Nash won't be wrestling for them. It's likely Nash will stick around for the time being and participate in the occasional angle but unless something changes, he won't be having a match. This is why CM Punk vs. Kevin Nash at Night of Champions was changed to Punk vs. Triple H. WWE knew going into RAW last night that Nash wouldn't be wrestling.
We reported last week that Nash recently went to Pittsburgh to do physicals for the company and something happened there that made them decide that they don't want Nash in the ring taking bumps and doing something as physical as a whole match. There is still some chance that Nash could end up wrestling but something happened after the physicals that has put a roadblack in front of Nash's return match.

The decision to put Triple H in the match with Punk wasn't made until yesterday afternoon. The original plans had Punk going over Nash at Night of Champions
What's the source on this?  Meltzer and Alvarez didn't have any concrete knowledge on the situation as of last night's post-Raw radio show.  They speculated it was something to do with his physical, but the fact that they would do everything they did on last night's show only to throw it out the window in the final segment made absolutely no sense.  If WWE had knowledge of this ahead of time, last night's Raw was one of the most poorly booked shows in a long time.  The only excuse they have is if somehow the medical results were delivered around 10:30pm last night.

LOL no Nash didn't really tear his ACL backstage. But if he did, would you be surprised?

Back
Top Bottom