Austin Rivers has game

Well 6'2 shooting guards who are volume shooters, don't possess elite athleticism  and can't play D usually don't do to well in the league.  As Allen said, he needs Duke more than Duke needs him, I'm not saying he's ever going to be Nash or Rondo, but he'll learn how to distribute somewhat playing in that offense.

Well 6'2 shooting guards who are volume shooters, don't possess elite athleticism  and can't play D usually don't do to well in the league.  As Allen said, he needs Duke more than Duke needs him, I'm not saying he's ever going to be Nash or Rondo, but he'll learn how to distribute somewhat playing in that offense.

Point guards aren't made.

Maybe he'll be Evan Turner lite.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KenJi714

His jumpshot is ugly. Has no upper body strength . Dude going to get eat up in the league
roll.gif

He's a senior in high school
laugh.gif

Not everyone is as physically gifted like Lebron coming out of HS.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

His jumpshot is ugly. Has no upper body strength . Dude going to get eat up in the league
roll.gif

He's a senior in high school
laugh.gif

Not everyone is as physically gifted like Lebron coming out of HS.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by grittyman20

That is pretty much all that needs to be said. 
He doesn't need to be a full time point. You guys say that like there aren't 6'4 combo guards out there.
My statement was just saying in general...haven't watched enough of the kid play to say what his true position is.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by grittyman20

That is pretty much all that needs to be said. 
He doesn't need to be a full time point. You guys say that like there aren't 6'4 combo guards out there.
My statement was just saying in general...haven't watched enough of the kid play to say what his true position is.

Only weakness I have seen is that he could work on his left more since he seems to do most moves/dribbling with/towards right  

KenJi714 wrote:

eyes.gif

Only weakness I have seen is that he could work on his left more since he seems to do most moves/dribbling with/towards right  

KenJi714 wrote:

eyes.gif

Why do people keep bringing up his PG ability? He won't be playing the 1 at Duke nor in the league when he gets there. And he has another year before he even gets to Duke...you don't think he's gonna bulk up between now and then?

Only thing I worry about is what will become of Seth and Dawkins PT. Hopefully Seth shows just enough ball handling and decision making skills to slide over and allow K to play a combo of Quinn/Thornton/Curry/Rivers/Dawkins throughout 40 minutes and not have to go with Quinn/Thornton at the 1 and then stick with Curry/Rivers/Dawkins at the 2.

Nolan and Scheyer interchanged and played off each other perfectly last year.

Back
Top Bottom