Automatic Vs. Manual

ok so i drive an automatic but i really want to learn how to drive a stick
i want to kno what is the difference between driving a manual oppose to
driving an automatic ? (besides the obvious gear switching)

which is better in your opinion and what do you prefer ?

automatic-transmission.gif
OR
moparregister-challenger07.jpg
(dodge challenger
pimp.gif
)

was forced to learn manual in europe

it feels like you have more control over the car especially if your car is in any way sporty.

anything other than a car, auto

I got manual on my current car (civic) because automatic would've been a really dead ride, I needed the manual to get a little zip in the car cause I'mnot really looking to mod it.

While I love the feel of stick (did I just say that?), I would say go with automatic because they have less problems, less maintenance and if you drive intraffic a lot it makes a huge difference.

oh and you need to learn to drive manual whether you want to or not.

The stick OP posted is little. (No, that's not what she said - save it)

If you're looking into making it your everyday car, go with the auto.

me and my brother messed up the clutch BAD learning to drive manual on our old ford like 7 years ago
laugh.gif

but like someone else said, SUB/TRUCK auto

sports car- manual

sporty cars or underpowered cars from the 80's 90's is better in manual (for example a sentra). some sporty sedans may pass too but i wouldn't wanta 7 series in manual.

I have an auto right now because I'm lazy. I have no problems with driving a manual though so I might get one for my next car if I'm not living in nyc.

Originally Posted by infamousod

I got manual on my current car (civic) because automatic would've been a really dead ride, I needed the manual to get a little zip in the car cause I'm not really looking to mod it.

While I love the feel of stick (did I just say that?), I would say go with automatic because they have less problems, less maintenance and if you drive in traffic a lot it makes a huge difference.

oh and you need to learn to drive manual whether you want to or not.
you have no idea what you are talking about. manual transmissions go and go and go. Learn how to drive one properly and they can last the lifetimeof the car.

Auto's on the other hand ALL like to take a crap around 120-130k miles from what ive seen.

manual gives better control (from what I hear). More benefits driving stick if you're like a speed racer or something.

Originally Posted by N O R E A G A

how hard is it to learn to drive a stick
nerd.gif
your going to struggle on 1st gear...thats just the hardest part
pressing the gas and letting go of the clutch little by little

after just a few tries, you'll be better at it...just practice practice practice!
i was 12 or 13 when i first learned how, it isnt THAT hard
laugh.gif

i love driving manual. However, commuting to school for an hour and 20 minutes plus everyday really makes driving manual tough, but i will never go back.

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

sporty cars or underpowered cars from the 80's 90's is better in manual (for example a sentra). some sporty sedans may pass too but i wouldn't want a 7 series in manual.

qft

Manual.

Total control of the vehicle power and strength. I love driving manual and shifting thru the gears, especially on long stretches of highway or just racing. Auto is a %*!!%% joke.

Manual all day. In traffic it's horrible but I will never go back to automatic.

I think if everybody drove a manual there would be less negligent driving.

If you're going to get a sports car or a tuner or somehting go with manual, you just can't go stick.

I wish I had manual but I'm in traffic most of the time and in that case auto>stick.

someday im gonna get a weekend manual car. not trying to do the daily stop and go type commute in one

Back
Top Bottom