Automatic Vs. Manual

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Manual.

Total control of the vehicle power and strength. I love driving manual and shifting thru the gears, especially on long stretches of highway or just racing. Auto is a %*!!%% joke.
Yup.

Having to go back to an auto after a manual sucks, I just get so bored when driving. Sometimes it's nice just to relax and not have to shift, but manualjust makes daily driving more interesting and fun. Plus, only like one of my friends know how to drive stick, so it would be nice that no one could ever askto borrow my car.

I can't wait to get back into a manual.

R8-Manual-Transmission.jpg

You have never driven then if you haven't driven a manual car. I hate automatic cars it's too boring. if it's not manual then I don't wannaknow about it.

If you're getting some kind of sports car, you're going to enjoy your car more if it's stick. If its just a daily commuter sedan/suv, then just gowith auto. You enjoy driving so much more if you have stick though. I honestly don't think I will get an auto car unless it's for a family sedan/suv.Heel-Toe All Day.

Im planning a 350z sometime in the next year, and im debating this too. Since its going to be my main everyday traffic car, im leaning towards an auto.

Manny all day.

They last longer than Autos. Plus, you can pop the clutch, which is most definitely handy in Minnesota.

Drive manual. I don't think i'd want automatic unless it was a family car. It does feel like you have more control and its fun to down shift on thefreeway and overtake people. Also engine breaking helps the life of your breaks.

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

Im planning a 350z sometime in the next year, and im debating this too. Since its going to be my main everyday traffic car, im leaning towards an auto.
I think almost everyone would advise against this. It's a 350z, it's a sports car, it is an injustice to drive auto
laugh.gif

Seriously though, if I were you, I'd learn how to drive manual (have a friend teach you), and then test drive both and see which you prefer. Even ifit's your everyday car, that car would be so much more enjoyable if it was a manual.

Only thing I don't like about manual is I canted smoke lol. Well I can but its not the best idea..

Originally Posted by airkeung88

auto...cuz i'm lazy

Sums it up for me, i had this dicussion with my dude the other day since he just got a 06' scion tc but its a stick, so i said i wouldnt mess wit it. Ihave driven stick tho so im not bias but it just too much extra work for me

manual is a beyyotch at the beginning. I'm learning right now. It's tough. But i heard, once you get used to it...it's a breeze

And it's fun!

manual suckaaa.

not even just for the fun of it liek with sports cars or whatever... it's the fact that the car will shift when i want it to shift...

i dont have to wait for 3000rpms just for it to switch gears.

i'm trying to save the most gas i can. even though it's not much, it's still gas saved! haha

I plan on getting manual drive car. I never driven a stick before, so I'll probably rent one that does and learn from there.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Manual all day, every day.

I refuse to own a vehicle that isn't a stick.
the same exact word from my old man........

i luv manual, only problem i have is that smokin a blunt is #$$+! with stick, specially during traffic

well the grand marquis only comes in auto so im gettin an auto

but manual is fun in anything sporty, and thats all they have in denmark, no autos

Originally Posted by DatRealBalla12

Originally Posted by airkeung88

auto...cuz i'm lazy

Sums it up for me, i had this dicussion with my dude the other day since he just got a 06' scion tc but its a stick, so i said i wouldnt mess wit it. I have driven stick tho so im not bias but it just too much extra work for me

Back
Top Bottom