Avatar Movie..Whos going to watch it?

im having a hard time with this movie

on the one hand, I've never seen anything like this in a theater. The 3d was amazing and definitely added a whole new dimension (pun intended) to thestory. Cameron did a great job creating a world that was believable out of such unbelievable ideas. The epic scenes were *+$$++# EPIC...the whole climax-finaleof the movie was crazy

on the other hand, there were points where i was literally falling asleep. the script was laughably bad at times and the story just got very generic twds themiddle-end. i had a hard time deciding if it was just terrible acting, terrible dialogue, or both. Also, everytime the Navi hissed like cats, i cringed in myseat.

im gonna give it 3/4 stars considering how just pure AWESOME this movie is to watch and look at and take in, but it's a lite 3

Best movie i have seen in a while
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by buggz05

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

This movie is a glorified version of Fern Gully. The stories are pretty much the same. Worse James Cameron movie.

517256eb3ba980fa72bf7510fce68b15eff16fc.bmp

Worse James Cameron movie??? This blows Titatic, Terminator 2 and Aliens out of the water.

Was
eek.gif

Saw it in 3D, and now I'm worried the 2D version won't live up to the experience
tired.gif
Im sorry but I go to the movies to watch a story not the visuals. Sure the CGI was some of the best ever seen but i rather not have A+ cgi and D-story.

This movie is a glorified version of Fern Gully. The stories are pretty much the same. Worse James Cameron movie.

Worse James Cameron movie??? This blows Titatic, Terminator 2 and Aliens out of the water.

Was
eek.gif

Saw it in 3D, and now I'm worried the 2D version won't live up to the experience
tired.gif
Im sorry but I go to the movies to watch a story not the visuals. Sure the CGI was some of the best ever seen but i rather not have A+ cgi and D- story.

I know what your saying. But as a "film buff", you can only have so many intricate story lines. For a film with story that is so generic, it wasvery good. I was pretty much a complete film beginning to end, going from scene to scene smoothly and still keeping you interested despite the story linewe've seen so many times. I thought the underlying themes somewhat balanced out the generic-ness of the story.

Sorry for the big @@@ stoneface
laugh.gif

IMHO Avatar's storyline > Titanic's and Terminator 2 atleast

Originally Posted by lawdog1

I read today that there was very good crowd reaction at the London premiere of the movie. I wasn't initially feeling the clips and stills that I saw of the movie, but now I'm thinking that I'm likely to check it out. As has been said, Jim Cameron doesn't make bad movies. Aliens is actually one of my favorites of all time. So, just for that, I figure I owe Avatar a look.

saw it yesterday,
movie was dope....

it was like 3 hrs long,
but i thought it was worth it....

the 3D got me like
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Very entertaining. CGI and visuals were incredible. Story was predictable, some parts were really cheesy (ala Liong King Simba and Nala Can You feel the LoveTonight type steez) and the part where mother nature used her animals to destroy the humans almost instantly on some ghosts from Lord of the Rings part IIItip was rather comical. Overall the movie was dope tho. I felt like I was at a Rave.

this movie was horrible, yeah the special effects were cool but you cant look past how bad the story was, it was bad on a mega shark versus giant octopuslevel. Like 6 legged creatures? Really? Beside insects you know where that happens in nature? Deformations, because there is no advantage to six over fourlegs. And what was with the the missiles and guns? Its 150 years in the future and they can travel to other solar systems but still use bullets. Not to mentionwouldn't the Marines just come back later and decimate the indigenous population. God knows how many times governments have spun stories in our favor inorder to seize land or power. Is eywa going to send more dragons and hammer head rhinos to fend off more fire power or a nuclear assault? James Cameron did thewhole environment/ otherworldly creatures thing 20 years ago with the Abyss and it was 10 times better than this. 3d and CGI looked dope but it didn't makeup for the glaring faults in the plot. Yes I'm mad I spent $10 on this movie.

517256eb3ba980fa72bf7510fce68b15eff16fc.bmp

Was
eek.gif

tired.gif
Im sorry but I go to the movies to watch a story not the visuals. Sure the CGI was some of the best ever seen but i rather not have A+ cgi and D- story.

Go read a novel
laugh.gif

You'll have A+ story and F visuals.

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

Such a great movie.. saw it in 3d which was
pimp.gif

agreed. just wish i didnt have to drive 2 hours to get to the closest imax in bmore, especially with all the snow still on the roads. i didnt crash to or fromso it was well worth the trip. amazing film!

Originally Posted by AusZero

this movie was horrible, yeah the special effects were cool but you cant look past how bad the story was, it was bad on a mega shark versus giant octopus level. Like 6 legged creatures? Really? Beside insects you know where that happens in nature? Deformations, because there is no advantage to six over four legs. And what was with the the missiles and guns? Its 150 years in the future and they can travel to other solar systems but still use bullets. Not to mention wouldn't the Marines just come back later and decimate the indigenous population. God knows how many times governments have spun stories in our favor in order to seize land or power. Is eywa going to send more dragons and hammer head rhinos to fend off more fire power or a nuclear assault? James Cameron did the whole environment/ otherworldly creatures thing 20 years ago with the Abyss and it was 10 times better than this. 3d and CGI looked dope but it didn't make up for the glaring faults in the plot. Yes I'm mad I spent $10 on this movie.
lol What? Your gripe starts with 6 legged creatures being unnatural?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Originally Posted by AusZero

this movie was horrible, yeah the special effects were cool but you cant look past how bad the story was, it was bad on a mega shark versus giant octopus level. Like 6 legged creatures? Really? Beside insects you know where that happens in nature? Deformations, because there is no advantage to six over four legs. And what was with the the missiles and guns? Its 150 years in the future and they can travel to other solar systems but still use bullets. Not to mention wouldn't the Marines just come back later and decimate the indigenous population. God knows how many times governments have spun stories in our favor in order to seize land or power. Is eywa going to send more dragons and hammer head rhinos to fend off more fire power or a nuclear assault? James Cameron did the whole environment/ otherworldly creatures thing 20 years ago with the Abyss and it was 10 times better than this. 3d and CGI looked dope but it didn't make up for the glaring faults in the plot. Yes I'm mad I spent $10 on this movie.
lol What? Your gripe starts with 6 legged creatures being unnatural?
roll.gif
Has to be sarcasm
roll.gif

epic?

really?

I saw it in 3D, and I was geeked about all that, but if I'd been watching this in a normal situation, I woulda fell asleep. I didnt feel there was anythingepic about this movie at all. The story has been done before, and done MUCH better.

Back
Top Bottom