Azealia Banks Vs. Iggy Azalea tension grows, Iggy Responds to Banks

I really hope Kendrick takes this opportunity to educate himself and clear himself up. If he pulls the classic "no you guys misunderstood what I said what I meant was (says same exact thing he said in interview)" I'm gonna lose a lot of respect for him. I don't think we should vilify a dude like Kendrick off one interview but he has the chance to make it right.

I don't get it what did kendrick do? He addresses the problems of inner city black kids and societal problems within the black community since he came out. He always talks about respecting yourself, you guys getting hyped cuz this girl doesn't wanna stop talking?

Kendrick made more uplifting and positive songs than banks, who all she does is use twitter to act like Kanye.

I honestly don't see anything wrong w/ kendrick's statement. He's not playing to any side. I can see why banks is all gritty on him but she's denying the evidence

I don't get it what did kendrick do? He addresses the problems of inner city black kids and societal problems within the black community since he came out. He always talks about respecting yourself, you guys getting hyped cuz this girl doesn't wanna stop talking?

Kendrick made more uplifting and positive songs than banks, who all she does is use twitter to act like Kanye.

:stoneface:

This isn't about the girl man wth

Instead of holding murderers of his people accountability he deflected and blamed his own people. What does respecting ourselves have to do with Mike Brown and Eric Garner being murdered? I guess me uplifting my brother is going to stop a white cop from racially profiling me? Sure.

Last edited:
:stoneface:

This isn't about the girl man wth

Instead of holding murderers of his people accountability he deflected and blamed his own people. What does respecting ourselves have to do with Mike Brown and Eric Garner being murdered? I guess me uplifting my brother is going to stop a white cop from racially profiling me? Sure.

I believe dot was referring to brown's situation, if I read the article correctly . The situation as a whole could've have all been avoided. Dot's not blaming his people but solely promoting them to consciously uplift themselves. I honestly don't see how that's offensive. I've recently studied a bit about Buddhism and deep ecology, there's a saying that goes somewhat along the lines of: "in order to interfere with society for the better, one must make themselves better within". I'm kinda reaching over but I'm just trying to explain how I view dot's response positive.

Can't go that far. Drake is a lesbian and J.Cole is NyQuil on iTunes. GKMC >>> anything either of them will make or have made. I'm not even a Kendrick fan either but that album was :smh: :wow: :smokin

don't fall for the trap, you ain't getting that kind of music from Kendrick anymore now he got Taylor Swift working with him. just pray i'm wrong.

"I wish somebody would look in our neighborhood knowing that it's already a situation, mentally, where it's ****** up. What happened to [Michael Brown] should've never happened. Never. But when we don't have respect for ourselves, how do we expect them to respect us? It starts from within. Don't start with just a rally, don't start from looting -- it starts from within."

What Kendrick said wasn't that bad but he sounds like one of those brothas that's like "if we act right white people would accept us" and that's not how racism or police brutality works and I wish dudes would stop using that excuse. If somebody is racist it don't matter how you act they're gonna hate you period. They didn't discriminate against black people cuz they didn't like how we acted. They did it cuz they wanted to feel superior over a certain group people.

Last edited:
K. Dot gave his opinion and some ignorant people will be mad but whatever. Notice how this broad only gets noticed when she dissing someone on twitter? Shame cause she should be promoting that album but she's to ignorant which means Iggy wins once again.

Last edited:
Ferguson didn't have any murders (and only 1 if I'm wrong) leading up to the Mike Brown killing so please **** with the "respect yourself" ******** 

Ferguson didn't have any murders (and only 1 if I'm wrong) leading up to the Mike Brown killing so please **** with the "respect yourself" ******** 

So don't respect yourself?

That's not what anybody is saying. All people should respect themselves but whether you respect yourself or not that's not gonna stop some cop from beating the **** outta you or blowing your brains out if he feel like it.

Last edited:
That's not what anybody is saying. All people should respect themselves but whether you respect yourself or not that's not gonna stop some cop from beating the **** outta you or blowing your brains out if he feel like it.

Ohh I see what you're saying, it sounded like that was what he was saying. I agree there are external situations that are far beyond the power of minorities and even more so towards blacks. However, I don't think dot was addressing towards that premise, but rather self empowerment within the black community. I am interested in what he has to say about the recent unfolded events tho.

Last edited:
Truth is; he is speaking on a bigger picture. I get the frustration of not reacting in the now and saying what people want to hear NOW about the situation. But respecting your self is a statement that goes beyond acting to appeal to the white man like you guys are taking it. That is your perception, his idea of respecting yourself could mean if a cop touches you to empty a clip in him, how do you know?

I get the frustration with it though. I just took it a different way.

Truth is; he is speaking on a bigger picture. I get the frustration of not reacting in the now and saying what people want to hear NOW about the situation. But respecting your self is a statement that goes beyond acting to appeal to the white man like you guys are taking it. That is your perception, his idea of respecting yourself could mean if a cop touches you to empty a clip in him, how do you know?

I get the frustration with it though. I just took it a different way.

Well, I hope he clarifies.

Trust me, the people that are criticizing him have a lot of respect for Kendrick. That's why his statement means a lot.

The fact that he said you should respect yourself and look within before rallying or protesting is what makes me think that Kendrick's view on the situation is very twisted. It's a lot more specific than "respecting yourself in general".

BTW it's funny how this is turned into a "Banks vs. Kendrick" twitter beef. She said nothing disrespectful to Kendrick. Hell, she said she used to feel the same way. Her tone was aggressive but she's actually trying to educate him. I hope he listens and understands why what he said IS so harmful.

this chick is not stopping at all :lol:

Lupe Fiasco, Kid Cudi & Azealia Banks Spar Over Twitter

Lupe Fiasco, Kid Cudi and Azealia Banks engaged in beef today over Twitter stemming comments Kendrick Lamar made in Billboard.

Two of Hip Hop's (and social media's) most outspoken personalities engaged on Twitter earlier today as Lupe Fiasco and Azealia Banks went head to head about Kendrick Lamar's recent comments in Billboard magazine.

The beef started when Fiasco came to Kendrick's defense for his comments. "#BeMoreLikeKendrickLamar" the Chicago rapper tweeted.

Azealia would come in and take a shot at Lupe about his relevance: "@LupeFiasco you still haven't made a decent song since i was 17," she tweeted. Lupe then replied pulling by out an old tweet Banks made about him a while back where she admired his flow.

After a little back-and-fourth, Kid Cudi subsequently got involved. He began by subtweeting Lupe saying, "Dear black artists, dont talk down on the black community like you are Gods gift to ****** everywhere." Fiasco then went at the Cleveland native telling him to shut up. Kudi didn't leave that alone and replied by saying, "How about you stop ******** on the people who really cared about your well being when this biz was ripping you apart. Fake *** @KidCudi."

Azealia Banks recently took a few shots at Kendrick Lamar regarding comments he made in a recent Billboard cover story. Kendrick told the magazine,"What happened to [Michael Brown] should've never happened. Never. But when we don't have respect for ourselves, how do we expect them to respect us? It starts from within. Don't start with just a rally, don't start from looting -- it starts from within." Banks would later retaliate by attempting to give K Dot a history lesson.

"Lol do you know about the generational effects of poverty, racism and discrimination?” she wrote. "There are things in society that benefit a select few of us. fine.... But don't put down the rest by saying they don't respect themselves.”

View all relevant tweets below:

#BeMoreLikeKendrickLamar
— Lupe Fiasco (@LupeFiasco) January 9, 2015" alt="">

@LupeFiasco you still haven't made a decent song since i was 17

— AZEALIA BANKS (@AZEALIABANKS) January 10, 2015" alt="">

@LupeFiasco you are still kanye's exman'sanem

@LupeFiasco I'll still steal your flows LOL.... i bet i'll make more money off them than you can LOL

@LupeFiasco Hear me??? I will STILL steal your flows, your soul and everything you are worth. Don't **** with me *******.

Huh? “@AZEALIABANKS: i used to steal so many Lupe Fiasco flows when i first started rapping haha. I love him!!” pic.twitter.com/KPehH79L9f

— Lupe Fiasco (@LupeFiasco) January 10, 2015" alt="">

@LupeFiasco LUPE..... you're not even a real rapper anymore.. ur that black guy who used to hang with kanye. hussshhhhh

What??? “@AZEALIABANKS: i used to steal so many Lupe Fiasco flows when i first started rapping haha. I love him!!” pic.twitter.com/JkMo2b1j79

Wait... “@AZEALIABANKS: i used to steal so many Lupe Fiasco flows when i first started rapping haha. I love him!!” pic.twitter.com/zklHgYofGj

But... “@AZEALIABANKS: i used to steal so many Lupe Fiasco flows when i first started rapping haha. I love him!!” pic.twitter.com/genL65ArUt

That's... “@AZEALIABANKS: i used to steal so many Lupe Fiasco flows when i first started rapping haha. I love him!!” pic.twitter.com/VAO5MD7JJh

@LupeFiasco When kanye stepped away from you, you had no legs to stand on..... it's over.

I dont.. “@AZEALIABANKS: i used to steal so many Lupe Fiasco flows when i first started rapping haha. I love him!!” pic.twitter.com/8eKNKryzAz

@LupeFiasco you don't even book shows. shhhhhhh.

Then... “@AZEALIABANKS: i used to steal so many Lupe Fiasco flows when i first started rapping haha. I love him!!” pic.twitter.com/OBO9vCRBjx

Who?? “@AZEALIABANKS: i used to steal so many Lupe Fiasco flows when i first started rapping haha. I love him!!” pic.twitter.com/WvnRy2VkP5

@LupeFiasco Jay-z doesn't know you silly. lol

WTF is... “@AZEALIABANKS: i used to steal so many Lupe Fiasco flows when i first started rapping haha. I love him!!” pic.twitter.com/Wa5AiO9tub

You said “@AZEALIABANKS: i used to steal so many Lupe Fiasco flows when i first started rapping haha. I love him!!” pic.twitter.com/8dXzGsM81s

@LupeFiasco *used to.... I've moved on to Jay-Z flows, there's way more power and energy in them. BYE BACKPACKRAPPER

@LupeFiasco LOL UR A ********R..... LOLOL i hope jay-z sees this and laughs at you!!!!

@LupeFiasco in australia.. those are white people.... its cultural fetishism... they only like you because your black... not because ur good

Maybe.. "@AZEALIABANKS: in australia those are white people its cultural fetishism they only like you because ut black not because ur good"

BUT!!! @AZEALIABANKS pic.twitter.com/s4cnpbrfkT

With my uncanny cross referencing skills I'd make a great analyst at the CIA... pic.twitter.com/PIC9meKb6C

That was enough for Banks, who then began chatting it up with supermodel Emily Ratajkowski:

@LupeFiasco I'm onto @emrata being a babe.... it's dead for you now.

Dear black artists, dont talk down on the black community like you are Gods gift to ****** everywhere.

— Scott Mescudi (@KidCudi) January 10, 2015" alt="">

If you wanna help, inspire, uplift, don't point the blame and talk down.

Uh oh we got em mad!!! Hahaha

My comments come from a place of love. Sorry if I offended anyone, except Poopé Fiasco. **** that ****** feelings haha dweeb

For additional Azealia Banks coverage, watch the following DX Daily:

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...asco-kid-cudi-azealia-banks-spar-over-twitter

Last edited:
Can imagine being in a relationship with this broad.
laugh.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
chick probably a freak though .....
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom