Azealia Banks Vs. Iggy Azalea tension grows, Iggy Responds to Banks

Do u really think she would have been welcomed back in 2005? Were any other rappers like her at that time?
You act like the music industry is some members only type club. Vanilla Ice, Hammer, Diddy and a ******** of horrible artist from the South have polluted this genre for decades. She's just this years wack as **** artist.

It's that change she said she's bringing bruh

:lol: @ the radio station thinking they deserved any type of loyalty or respect
I mean I gues s I'm just getting old or out of tune but I know this chick aint got a damn lick of rapping ability. I get it that shes white and thick with a fat booty but I just don't get why she isn't in the same category as Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga and etc. To me she's a pop star not a rapper.

I mean I gues s I'm just getting old or out of tune but I know this chick aint got a damn lick of rapping ability. I get it that shes white and thick with a fat booty but I just don't get why she isn't in the same category as Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga and etc. To me she's a pop star not a rapper.
Was mostly joking wit ya. I think her flow is above average, but I think she is in the same category as Katy Perry and Miley but she raps. Dudes is mad she's wallowing in her success.

Was mostly joking wit ya. I think her flow is above average, but I think she is in the same category as Katy Perry and Miley but she raps. Dudes is mad she's wallowing in her success.
I think she's a bad look for American Hip Hop. I aint mad at her getting her money or whatever she wants to do.

Last edited:
So the southern rappers did it?
The South had control of the "commercial rap" genre for a large portion of the previous decade. We all know there were plenty of horrible acts making music.

Why are u even putting Diddy, Vanilla Ice, and Hammer in the same group lol?
To prove that rap music has consistently had wack acts. If anyone actually believes that the "rap game" isn't the same, they don't know their history.

The South had control of the "commercial rap" genre for a large portion of the previous decade. We all know there were plenty of horrible acts making music.
To prove that rap music has consistently had wack acts. If anyone actually believes that the "rap game" isn't the same, they don't know their history.
So it's been down hill since Diddy started rapping pretty much?

So it's been down hill since Diddy started rapping pretty much?
I'd say from a musical standpoint you're pretty spot on. The Golden Era came to an end once he had control of the commercial scene. From a business standpoint he's revered because rap acts weren't sniffing the type of money he paved the way for. Once he took the reigns the masses became brainwashed that album sales equated who was the best. He is the pioneer of marketing and promoting rap music.

I'd say from a musical standpoint you're pretty spot on. The Golden Era came to an end once he had control of the commercial scene. From a business standpoint he's revered because rap acts weren't sniffing the type of money he paved the way for. Once he took the reigns the masses became brainwashed that album sales equated who was the best. He is the pioneer of marketing and promoting rap music.
Hey every man deserves the right to his opinion. I'm not gonna argue with that.

I think she's a bad look for American Hip Hop.
American?

American Hip Hop?

Not tryna go at you man but when has Hip Hop been American? What defines American hip hop when they're genres within genres in hip hop. Wasn't directly pointing at you on the mad part but the way you view her basically justifies her tweets that ppl didn't want to see her in that position.

I wouldn't compare Hammer to the Vanilla Ices and Marky Marks of the world.

He didn't blow until his 3rd album and was actually decent before that.

And this broad would've definately fit in 10 years ago.

I wouldn't compare Hammer to the Vanilla Ices and Marky Marks of the world.

He didn't blow until his 3rd album and was actually decent before that.
I have to disagree with your opinion on Hammer. You are correct that he didn't blow-up commercially until his third album, but he was still wack.

The second verse of this song is dedicated to Hammer.
laugh.gif

Don't get me wrong, I ain't ridin for Hammer, but I wouldn't compare him to those other "rappers".

And I'm familiar with that Cube song, the 3rd Bass jabs and the countless other shots, but pre "Can't Touch This" Hammer was in my opinion decent.

"They Put Me In The Mix" , "Turn This Mutha Out" :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom