Bachelor Pad.

I do. I regularly walk into the downtown area of my city in the spring and summer. they do movies under the stars in the later summer months at the park. bunch of restaurants, shops, boutiques, movie theater, bars, etc.
how dope is it?

Cost wise, is it worth it?

What about bring home yambs, or just being able to drink more because you're simply walking home?

I can't tell you what's in store for your life.

I guess I was looking for words of wisdom? Lol

Like they said, most life events that set the pace for the rest of your life usually happen around that time, ie your career, finances, love life etc. If I had to drop one piece of advice, it's to never forget that your goal is always to be the best you you can be, and never stop working towards it, ever. This is (off observation) really a make or break period, don't become one of them "woe is me" old ******, get your foundation right.

Like they said, most life events that set the pace for the rest of your life usually happen around that time, ie your career, finances, love life etc. If I had to drop one piece of advice, it's to never forget that your goal is always to be the best you you can be, and never stop working towards it, ever. This is (off observation) really a make or break period, don't become one of them "woe is me" old ******, get your foundation right.

Yeah , Things can change but for the most part people are who they are around that age.

Word. I wasn't trying to be cheeky with my initial question. Appreciate the advice.

I originally came looking into this thread looking for ideas to help furnish my place/room only to see this thread raise up topics that relate to my current situation of being 25. For awhile I was living with my parents saving for a down payment to a point where my recent salary increase and job relocation has given me the opportunity to really think through a proper investment portfolio/strategy. I'm feeling the pace of life for sure lol.

Some really smart people with good replies for both sides of the argument. I don't think I'll own a place of my own until I'm 30, but I definitely would entertain the idea of getting a place and renting it out if the opportunity was in front of me. A co-worker has seen success by renting out the basement and top floor while he lives on the main floor. He's told me it's been a steady flow for mortgage payments and the overall property value continues to rise for him. He's thinking about using the equity and getting another place.. This is in Toronto though so I'm not sure if markets are similar?

Apartment bedroom while i'm at school.
It's not much, the desk is from CB2. Only piece I really plan on keeping after graduating.

Any tips on stuff to add? I want to mount my bike over the desk and maybe add some posters.
Walls are very blank.

Last edited:
just moved into a new place out in Hermosa Beach, Ca. Kinda torn whether I just step it up and grab a king or just get a queen. Money aint the issue more so a whether if I truly need a king. Found a dope temperdic queen mattress for 550 I may just have to jump on. Buying furniture for a new place is a headache..

just moved into a new place out in Hermosa Beach, Ca. Kinda torn whether I just step it up and grab a king or just get a queen. Money aint the issue more so a whether if I truly need a king. Found a dope temperdic queen mattress for 550 I may just have to jump on. Buying furniture for a new place is a headache..

I feel you man. Just moved to West LA and had to buy all new furniture. Now I have to figure out how I want to decorate.

Money is tight after all thr furniture and electronic purchases and don't want to rush into things

I feel you man. Just moved to West LA and had to buy all new furniture. Now I have to figure out how I want to decorate.

Money is tight after all thr furniture and electronic purchases and don't want to rush into things
You are in the same bind I am in, but im living with my girl and her friend for 6 months (both broke af asked me to move in and helped em until they land jobs) so basically all the furniture is mine moving forward and Ill move out solo come december. But I cant decide is a king is worth it down the line because its a b***** to move around and fit places, sheets, etc etc. Its really all about buying bits and pieces wish I could buy it all at once but I hate seeing my bank acct take hits like this lmao. West LA tho? when Im done here I want to move to the luxe apartments over in santa monica

Last edited:

You are in the same bind I am in, but im living with my girl and her friend for 6 months (both broke af asked me to move in and helped em until they land jobs) so basically all the furniture is mine moving forward and Ill move out solo come december. But I cant decide is a king is worth it down the line because its a b***** to move around and fit places, sheets, etc etc. Its really all about buying bits and pieces wish I could buy it all at once but I hate seeing my bank acct take hits like this lmao. West LA tho? when Im done here I want to move to the luxe apartments over in santa monica

Yeah I'm living with my boy who's also a resident so balling on a budget too but we split the living room stuff.

Yeah I love SM but it's just a little too far for work. 5 miles can make a huge difference in LA

Cobra Kai

You probably don't want to go for too much hassle/expense if you're only gonna be there temporarily (plus whatever your landlord allows you to do of course) but if you can find some cheap clip frames or something, displaying your records on a feature wall can look pretty decent.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm living with my boy who's also a resident so balling on a budget too but we split the living room stuff.

Yeah I love SM but it's just a little too far for work. 5 miles can make a huge difference in LA
can make all the difference. I work about 10 miles away, moving to SM would make it 5 so either isnt bad. know of any wholesalers around here? I was in living spaces yesterday not badly priced but I know the wholesales you can get stuff cheaper

Cobra Kai

You probably don't want to go for too much hassle/expense if you're only gonna be there temporarily (plus whatever your landlord allows you to do of course) but if you can find some cheap clip frames or something, displaying your records on a feature wall can look pretty decent.

that would definitely help me fill up space on the walls and would look pretty clean too. I want to add as much as I can with still having a minimalistic feel.
I know that's kind of an oxymoron.

This thread is gonna be vital to me as I move into my first crib in NY next month.

I'l be needing you guys' help.. 8)

so my new career choice has me working alot and being home away alot. I work 6 days on 3 off for those 6 days the company puts me in a hotel and gives me a per deim on those 3 days off i get to go home. Now the dillema is since im only home 9 days a month would it be a smart idea to think about buying or renting , bills and utilities would be at a minimum for the pad and i bring home about 1900 a week after taxes so i can afford to own a home , also in south texas, single 28, no kids , have a few cars. closest fam is 6 hours away. What would you do nt ? 

that album wall looks dope...

I live alone in a 3 bedroom condo in the Fort Lauderdale area.... ironically, my landlord is my daughter's mother, lol... she bought the condo before our daughter was born, we broke up, i moved out, she ended up getting married, moved to NC, and I moved back into the condo.... weird, right? my life is a sitcom...

but back to the crib.... im an interior snob but haven't really taken the time to give the place an identity... my living room consists of only a custom made sofa, a book case (with no books) and large canvas painting (which is now hung over the book case) ... i plan on painting and NOT putting a tv out there, I want it to be a space for sitting and enjoying company.... the only entertainment will be dock and speakers for playing music....

I want to paint the living room soon, but just one wall... and extend that down the hall, again only on one side.... so basically only the left perimeter of the unit will have color...

i may go buy some paint tomorrow and start the project, i'll post pics...

really wanna get this glass and build a coffee table for it

Apartment bedroom while i'm at school.
It's not much, the desk is from CB2. Only piece I really plan on keeping after graduating.

Any tips on stuff to add? I want to mount my bike over the desk and maybe add some posters.
Walls are very blank.

Why don't you buy a record player first before you decide what to do with your vinyl :rolleyes

:lol:

Last edited:
so my new career choice has me working alot and being home away alot. I work 6 days on 3 off for those 6 days the company puts me in a hotel and gives me a per deim on those 3 days off i get to go home. Now the dillema is since im only home 9 days a month would it be a smart idea to think about buying or renting , bills and utilities would be at a minimum for the pad and i bring home about 1900 a week after taxes so i can afford to own a home , also in south texas, single 28, no kids , have a few cars. closest fam is 6 hours away. What would you do nt ? 
if i was in that position I'd be really tempted to purchase a home, but being home so infrequently i'd feel like I didn't need that much space.... but again, the income and being able to purchase an asset would appeal to me.

i'd probably purchase a house with income potential, one that had a separate apartment and rent that out to take care of all if not most of the mortgage... that also keeps someone always on the property for security reasons. otherwise, i'd just get a nice studio apartment/loft in a nice area and call it a day...and just purchase a crib if/when i settled down with someone

if i was in that position I'd be really tempted to purchase a home, but being home so infrequently i'd feel like I didn't need that much space.... but again, the income and being able to purchase an asset would appeal to me.

i'd probably purchase a house with income potential, one that had a separate apartment and rent that out to take care of all if not most of the mortgage... that also keeps someone always on the property for security reasons. otherwise, i'd just get a nice studio apartment/loft in a nice area and call it a day...and just purchase a crib if/when i settled down with someone
yeah thats what its leaning toward , i own a place in lafyette l.a. through inheritance. and keep blood family there since they dont work and are older. But the funny part is in san antonio and austin its damn near the cheaper to purchase a crib then rent. 

Probably isn't the right thread but just wanted to share this here.

NT BP bros, my car was vandalized in my complex parking lot. Two slashed tires, glued windows and key hole, and sand/salt/sugar in the gas tank...

Don't have any beef/enemies (that I'm aware of). I'm a one "yamb" man. I'm pretty low key in general. Think its a case of mistaken identity as I drive a fairly common car.

All that just to say to check the crime reports of any potential BP you're thinking about settling in. Try finding a spot with a garage or at the very least controlled entry with security patrol.

Anything can happen anywhere to anybody. Make sure you have an emergency fund set aside. Now I'm dealing with insurance and trying to secure a rental while I get an estimate on the damage... *sigh*

Probably isn't the right thread but just wanted to share this here.

NT BP bros, my car was vandalized in my complex parking lot. Two slashed tires, glued windows and key hole, and sand/salt/sugar in the gas tank...

Don't have any beef/enemies (that I'm aware of). I'm a one "yamb" man. I'm pretty low key in general. Think its a case of mistaken identity as I drive a fairly common car.

All that just to say to check the crime reports of any potential BP you're thinking about settling in. Try finding a spot with a garage or at the very least controlled entry with security patrol.

Anything can happen anywhere to anybody. Make sure you have an emergency fund set aside. Now I'm dealing with insurance and trying to secure a rental while I get an estimate on the damage... *sigh*
that sucks but no matter if its gated or not if people want to get in they find a way in. it was probally a case of mistaken id or just some knuckle heads being foolish 

messed up. had a small spot on my hood scratched badly a few years ago :smh:

pretty sure it was a neighbor who used to live here, who just didn't like me for whatever reason despite never even talking to anyone who lives here :lol: :stoneface:

never got it fixed, since it's already a beater 94 toyota.

an attached garage is a premium....>D

I'll be living in an apartment (bed + bath) with some roommates next year, what are essential things to have? I'm really trying to live minimal since I'm still a student, but apart from a bed, desk, chair and bookshelf, do I need anything?

laundry hamper, a dresser to hold folded clothes socks etc.,and a trash can. rest should be able to fit in the closet

Last edited:
you said no one should be copping a house but to flip it but you wont make any real money if the end game isn't owning a house.

When you sell a house, if you're not leveraging the profits into another home/property, you're gonna be taxed nearly 60%. If you have another house lined up then it's tax free.

Flipping houses isn't like flipping shoes. You can't wait for the next release, you have to be smart and savvy with money, which IMO comes from owning a property.

There's also no pre-payment penalty on most loans so whats to stop you from paying extra? With rates the way there are you'd be dumb not to entertain buying property, especially if you intend to rent it.

I agree with you on 1 point though...I had a 4 bedroom house as a single dude. I took equity out and bought a duplex which I live in now. I rent the house to USC kids for $700 a room...$2800 a month, the mortgage on it is $1200 with escrow. The duplex is $300 and change in interest a month cause I used my HELOC to pay for it. I charge $1200 for the other house in my duplex so I net $4000 a month is rent minus $1500 for mortgages but I send $1500 to the equity so I'm left with 1k in "profit" that I throw in the bank for emergencies and repairs. I live for free pretty much.

My cousin is a private banker and all his clients who have at least 1 mill in the bank drive that real estate is the most important part of their wealth. They want other people to pay for their mortgage and live off the rest.

With foreclosures the way they are, you can make an easy 20-50k in equity just by taking ownership.

Are you an agent too? I am trying to get into a duplex now but finding one in ATL that isn't in the straight hood is damn near impossible. :lol:

The way loans are structured now you can get one with 3.5% down paying 4% (assuming your credit is good) and start building equity from there. Get that 1031 exchange when you sell the house to keep your money and you're well on your way.

I dont think people realize the hassle of selling, or even renting out homes.

**** ain't easy, famb.

Never said it was easy but I guarantee you it's worth it. Ask resident moneyteam captain GoldStCapital. I am almost certain his portfolio contains real estate.

Back
Top Bottom