Bachelor Pad.

apartment hunting ...

:pimp: :pimp:

i think i'm going to take it easy for this first year... get something real lowkey and cheap... i was considering moving to the real expensive apts in dallas (uptown for around $1.5k to 2K) but i'm just gonna thug it out, get a lil $800 spot and call it a day.

i want to knock out these school loans as quick as possible. plus, i'm ALWAYS on the go, so it wouldn't make much sense to ball out on a spot just yet.

its coming though.. :pimp:

apartment hunting ...

I thought you had your own pad? or are you currently in a studio?

Do you guys think I should go for a bed or just put the mattress on the floor? I prefer sleeping closer to the ground so it's not a big deal, I'd be buying an Ikea platform bed anyways...

Personally I would get a bed frame, I think the appearance is simply superior to a mattress on the ground.

Plus it allows you additional storage space under for a duffel bag/luggage/shoe boxes etc.

The last time I saw a mattress on the ground was at my friends apartment when we were both in college, actually I think he put a 3-4" rectangular cardboard box as an improv box spring :lol: :lol: :x :smh:

but then again you said you're in school so 99% of people won't care, and if you're fortunate enough to bring a girl over i'm sure she won't care :lol: :wink:

Last edited:
downtown loft shopping... :pimp:

only spending 1k doe

is that what you've found... or just your budget?

i dont know man... i havent looked in a year or two, but that doesnt seem feasible unless you're looking for an efficiency.... or you have a loose definition of 'downtown'

if you have transpo, id look in addison or prestonwood/prestonhollow. you can get a nice apartment for > $1k and its 2 minutes down the tollway into downtown. even then, dart runs everywhere.

i see the appeal of living downtown, but only if you can afford to live comfortably.

I know this is more of an upscale/apartment furniture type thread and if this doesn't belong here I apologize.
I'm looking for a full size futon frame, metal preferably. Need something that can stand the beating of being in a dorm room/college house that's sturdy but I'm not trying to break the bank. If anyone can put me on that would be much appreciated. I already have a mattress so only the frame is necessary. Thank you

EDIT: After re-reading this I could see a possible misinterpretation, I'm looking to buy one new, not looking to buy one off of someone, just thought I would clear that up

Last edited:
Bump
Signing a new lease tomorrow.
Leaving the nest.

hyped

Need furniture

no bed

no pillow case

by myse... with 2 roommates

Last edited:
Time to scroll through this thread once again. Moving into a new crib on the 1st. No more roommate in the 2 bedroom.
Still in an apartment so I prob won't paint or hang too many fixtures so i'll be relying more on movable furnishings and color schemes to make it more appealing. Really interested in art/pictures to hang right now.

Haven't posted in here in a while.

Been up to my nomad ways with the constant moving, but I finally found the place to stay at in Queens in a quiet area yet close to the city. Not as much wide open space as my older spot in Harlem but more square footage overall, king sized bedroom, and a nicer area. :pimp:

Still fixing up the living room area, painted one wall a rich navy blue color, still deciding what to paint the other 3 walls. Only two windows in the room so I would prefer something a bit lighter than the default dark beige, maybe an off white blue?

I'm trying to decide what to put to the LEFT of the tv stand, perhaps a large, stand alone mirror? what do you guys think?

This is to show how large the living space is (disregard the recliner and computer desk).

I thought about hanging a circular mirror between the two windows, and having a variety of diff sized picture frames behind the grey sofa

Last edited:
Bruh that's a nice spot. I wish I could pant the walls in my apt. I still need to add art in general to my spot.

What else do I need? I have my own room/bathroom, but I'll have 3 roommates. Thinking about buying a minifridge to store my own foods/drinks for special occasions when people come over.

trash can, laundry hamper. I'd save $$ and skip the shoe rack, and just stack everything else in the closet.

A long or small coffee table is a nice addition if you have the space.

Mini-Fridge is an excellent idea.

i bought some posters from the MOMA, any ideas of where i can find frames? ideas of ways to hang them without frames as well are welcomed. thanks!!!

downtown loft shopping... :pimp:

only spending 1k doe

is that what you've found... or just your budget?

i dont know man... i havent looked in a year or two, but that doesnt seem feasible unless you're looking for an efficiency.... or you have a loose definition of 'downtown'

if you have transpo, id look in addison or prestonwood/prestonhollow. you can get a nice apartment for > $1k and its 2 minutes down the tollway into downtown. even then, dart runs everywhere.

i see the appeal of living downtown, but only if you can afford to live comfortably.
Dallas is different from every other metro plex in my opinion.because the surrounding areas cost more than downtown. all of the fun stuff surrounds downtown...

west end, arts district, deep ellum, uptown... all are more expensive than downtown....

West Elm Rusting Storage Coffee Table, they make them in two sizes.

http://www.westelm.com/products/rustic-storage-coffee-table-g569/

Any opinions on what I should have on that empty wall to the left of my TV? Thinking one of those large Ikea mirrors but would prefer to avoid anything black or white (since the tv stand is white).

Also would like a patterned chair to face the windows on the side of the coffee table, or perhaps a storage bench?

West Elm Rusting Storage Coffee Table, they make them in two sizes.

http://www.westelm.com/products/rustic-storage-coffee-table-g569/

Any opinions on what I should have on that empty wall to the left of my TV? Thinking one of those large Ikea mirrors but would prefer to avoid anything black or white (since the tv stand is white).

Also would like a patterned chair to face the windows on the side of the coffee table, or perhaps a storage bench?

Back
Top Bottom