Bachelor Pad.

P4L

Are y'all buying or renting??
To my renters: How much a month are y'all dropping? And how are you maintaining after that monthly expense?

To my buyers: Did you buy your spot in a place that you definitely see yourself staying in for the rest of your life? How much y'all dropped on the down payment?

Reason is because I'm in a situation where I feel I need to go head and buy a spot. Renting to me is a waste of bread..but at the same time, a job my take me to a new city in a few years so who knows, feel me?

I've seen alot of nice spots in the few pages I've read so far and it seem like alot of y'all caked up :lol:

I am renting right now and i am in the same situation as you in terms of work. My company can open up a location anywhere in the US and i would want to be able to jump on the opportunity and not worry about having to rent out a house or condo.

I rent, paying about $900/month. Apt is big considering I'm single with no kids or anything. I usually take home about $3400/month. I usually pay rent 2 months in advance, so I'm not feeling stressed at the end of every month. For my student loans I pay a minimum of about $300, about $250 for food, $100 for cable internet, $50 for electric.

I don't have some sort electrical engineering degree or something nor do I have my own business. Just a regular office job and I think I'm doing okay.

I rent because I want that possibility of leaving my apt in case something happens. It's also my first time out the house by myself. I just feel more secure with the apt for now.

Last edited:
Also does anyone know where i can get a nice wine and liquor cabinet nothing to big, looking for a decent size to have at the end of my couch about 3-4ft high?? :nerd:

I'm looking for one as well. I want something like this but I know this isn't real wood since it's from Ikea

Been at my new place for almost 2 months and finally starting to spruce it up. Bedroom bathroom and kitchen are pretty basic for know and just stocked with appliances and what not. More concerned about living room.

Before:

So Far:

Other wall is pretty bare:

I plan on getting a bigger tv by the end of the month (current one 32", going for a 46"/47"). Hopefully that will take some space. Was thing about an entire wall shelf/tv stand., but I may not renew this apartment once my lease is up and I dont want to deal with getting that moved.

Not pictured, but I added some black curtains. Just two side parts. Going to find a sheer curtain to actually cover the bulk or the balcony.

Anyone have suggestions of what to add?

Pic with curtains and plants I picked up. New tv should be delivered tomorrow so wall above it still bare. Going to place some pictures above it once I figure which ones to print out. May endup grabbing a new tv mount that doesn't poke out as much. Shoe rack seems out of place now too lol.

Very nice setup I'd say that wall still needs some attention might want to invest in a nice long canvas to put there. Will take pics of my house in about two months my girl and I or should I just say I are doing a lot of renovations in the house. Every bathroom I do I seem to run into some type of problem.

Reminds me of purple bape camo.

Where is it for sale?

http://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/rugs/rugs-usa-dots/grey/200ACR79D-508.html

Also going back and forth on whether or not I wanna shell some money on Eames..

http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/product/detail.do?productGroup=19256

Go for it, and cop the Eames. Dont buy a knockoff, you'll regret it. I recently bought four Eames molded side chairs. I'm currently using 2 of them as dining chairs, and 2 as side chairs.

I am finally all moved in to my new spot, but nowhere near done unpacking. :smh:

I did however, have time to get most of my sitting area complete. All I need to do is put up all my art pieces above the couch, place my Sapien bookcase to the left of the couch, and pick up a couple more side chairs, and this room is complete. Moving is no fun at all, but finally getting everything into place is worth it. Just a few more rooms, and we'll be all set!

Go for it, and cop the Eames. Dont buy a knockoff, you'll regret it. I recently bought four Eames molded side chairs. I'm currently using 2 of them as dining chairs, and 2 as side chairs.

I am finally all moved in to my new spot, but nowhere near done unpacking. :smh:

I did however, have time to get most of my sitting area complete. All I need to do is put up all my art pieces above the couch, place my Sapien bookcase to the left of the couch, and pick up a couple more side chairs, and this room is complete. Moving is no fun at all, but finally getting everything into place is worth it. Just a few more rooms, and we'll be all set!

I just pulled the trigger before I read this :lol:

Ordered a opened box walnut colored one from here:

http://www.officedesignsoutlet.com/product.php?product_id=2766

Nice!!

I've never heard of that company before, let me know how it is. The prices are amazing!

Thinking of pulling the trigger on an Aeron chair for the office.

Last edited:
Nice!!

I've never heard of that company before, let me know how it is. The prices are amazing!

Thinking of pulling the trigger on an Aeron chair for the office.

Yeah, it looks legit. The main page is listed on Herman Miller's list of authorized dealer. I think it's just cheaper since it's an open box item. I saw the chair at a local Room & Board and had to have it. The pictures don't do it justice lol.

Getting my granite put in today. Every time I go to the house I find more and more little things that I don't like. It's clear whoever built it took shortcuts due to budget. This renovation could easily turn into a money pit so I have to keep telling myself that I'll only be in there for a few years and to not keep changing things. I really hate the popcorn ceiling the most though

vrai1 vrai1 the blinds are still there. There wasn't anything for me to put up curtains so I grab some adhesive hooks from target, ones that hold up to 7 pounds, and stuck them on the rail of the blinds. Just hanging the curtains and rod on it. Holding up well and it's not obstructing the use of the blinds (letting in light and sliding open). Curtains just have to be stationary for now.

Where is it for sale?

More pics? I love those set ups where theres a small wall/railing and a few stairs that separates a room

Looks like yours is like that :nerd:

Last edited:

Where is it for sale?

More pics? I love those set ups where theres a small wall/railing and a few stairs that separates a room

Looks like yours is like that :nerd:

I'll get some up as soon as I'm done unpacking. Thats the only room without any boxes in it. :smh:

Yup, thats the first floor as soon as you enter. You go up about 6 or 7 steps into the dining room, living room, and kitchen. All the bedrooms are above that,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom