Bachelor Pad.

what are the benefits of hard wood floors in apartments/houses? Is it just looks or is there more to it?

I like the look and it's easier to clean. We might but down a rug since it will be easier to remove.

You never know how dirty carpet is until you have to cut it up :x x 100000.

I like both. I've had hardwood floors and they look nicer, easier to clean, but it can be annoying to have in the bedroom, you need to throw down rugs so you have comfortable spots here and there, and they're not as comfortable as nice carpet.

I think most are used to cheaper carpet, like every single apartment I ever lived in 
laugh.gif
 but the carpet I had in my old house growing up was like walking on pillows, it was so comfortable. 

I like both. I've had hardwood floors and they look nicer, easier to clean, but it can be annoying to have in the bedroom, you need to throw down rugs so you have comfortable spots here and there, and they're not as comfortable as nice carpet.

I think most are used to cheaper carpet, like every single apartment I ever lived in 
laugh.gif
 but the carpet I had in my old house growing up was like walking on pillows, it was so comfortable. 
I have an 8x10 area rug under my bed and it sheds onto the dark hardwood...my only complaint.

I have hardwood floors in my apt (my building is pretty old) and i literally hear every step my neighbors take. When I first moved into my spot I thought someone was walking around in my apt at night because of the hardwood floors throughout the building.

What kind of barstools yall got? My WalMart one got a lean going on now. Hella simple, but solid metal and presumably sturdy so I figured I could get these for $70 a pop
or something. Not married to any style, anything works. Probably just get 2 since I don't have any friends and I have a dining room table anyways

Can someone point me in the direction of a good/cheap-ish media shelf? Running out of room on the TV stand for my blu rays and don't wanna buy a full-blown bookshelf.  

What kind of barstools yall got? My WalMart one got a lean going on now. Hella simple, but solid metal and presumably sturdy so I figured I could get these for $70 a pop
or something. Not married to any style, anything works. Probably just get 2 since I don't have any friends and I have a dining room table anyways

I posted my new counter stools a few posts up.

Modernica Fiberglass Side Shell with the H-Base

What other options beside, tile , laminate, or cement? I prefer hardwood I bought a Bona hardwood floor mop, and it does a great job.
Only takes me about 10 minutes to clean my floors.

@dakid23  Those floors turned out great man.

at this point give me tile.

how often do you do this?
I hate tile floors unless it is in the bathroom or laundry room.

I only clean my hardwood floors once a week ,sweep then mop. No shoes allowed in my house so my floors don't get that dirty.

Moving from Miami to SD in a few weeks. It'll be my first apartment. Getting a little paranoid on how I'm gonna cop furniture and stuff when i'll be at work from 7am-4pm during the week.
eyes.gif

Anybody have any ideas on what should be copped first? Obviously a bed frame and bed. But should I cop a TV before a dinner table? Or a couch before a dinner table?
Haha. I'm actually a native Floridian, that just moved from Houston to San Diego (Mission Valley). I'd help you, but you have the wrong NBA team in your avatar. If you had the Orlando Magic, I'd be more willing to help. j/k lol.  You work normal hours, man. The standard ZGallerie, West Elm, Ikea and such are all open when you're off.

Personally, I'd buy a TV and couch first. Unless you plan on having company over immediately, you're going to get more use out of a TV than a table and chairs. Just my .2 cents.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom